Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-27

ofeefee Wrote:... then copied over my advancedsettings file...

Isnt it a fact, that "advancedsettings.xml" is useless in actual builds?

I thought that we have to use a "playercorefactory.xml"?!

Mine looks like this and works fine:

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|mts|m2ts" player="DSPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

- sonicflare - 2009-12-27

not sure, what I'm doing wrong... but the GPU acceleration just works out of the box Rolleyes

Card: ATI Radeon 3600 (ATI Catalist 9.12)
XBMC: 9.11

I think it's because of the new Windows 7 render (EVR), that is DXVA aware.

Also a couple of notes from my past experience:
* It's much easer to install Vista/7 to get the DVXAv2 running (by choosing EVR render model), that to play around it on XP. I've spent all weekend trying to make DXVA to work on XP (and it did eventially) and none on Windows 7.
* There is tool, to check what stream you GPU is able to decode (DXVA Checker).
* The movie, SHOULD be encoded the same way! If you have a BDRip with resolution that are not specified by the DXVA checker, it not going to work! It intent to decode HD-video only.
* For the ATI GPU owners, there is a configuration in the ATI Control Panel (Avivo Video->Basic Quality->Enable pulldown detection) that enables the enables DXVA for the video containers. (as it stated from doom9.org)
* Make sure that you use the LATEST drivers. (and make sure that vendor didn't break DXVA acceleration in the current version)

- Nitehawk - 2009-12-27

tiben20 Wrote:Xbox controller all the way. The fast forward and rewind on left and right trigger are really nice. When you say asus rc your talking about the remote control coming with the My Cinema-P7131? if yes i know how to fix it! It was kinda hard to map the remote buttons with a keyboard key but i did found a way to do it right.

For the player i fixed 4 bugs on windows 7 today that might help a little.

Im about to throw away mediainfo sdk(This is used when loading a video file this is getting some useless codec information on the osd) I included a timestamp before and after and it take 9 sec to get those useless information.

It still does not work. Same error :-( Video does not start, is paused.
I have the remote as you can see it on this picture.
The Asus 1501 runs Win7 btw.
http://eeepc.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Asus_Eee_Box_EB1501_setup.jpg

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-27

Nitehawk Wrote:It still does not work. Same error :-( Video does not start, is paused.

-Sumo- Wrote:I can confirm that, the last build I have here to install that works with Windows 7 is 25915, but I dont really know if a working one was released afterwards, because I was offline for a little while...

http://www.multiupload.com/NWJ9EHSVO3

- Nitehawk - 2009-12-27

-Sumo- Wrote:Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sumo- View Post
I can confirm that, the last build I have here to install that works with Windows 7 is 25915, but I dont really know if a working one was released afterwards, because I was offline for a little while...

http://www.multiupload.com/NWJ9EHSVO3

Yeah!! Thanks, with this release it seems to work very well =)

- burritoboy9984 - 2009-12-27

ok, I'm confused... Is the ion gpu supported? Cause in the list on the first page, I did not see 9400m...

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

- tiben20 - 2009-12-27

the problem with win 7 and last release is fixed in svn i just need to post a build

- fincheresque - 2009-12-27

It's not really a matter of whether the GPU is supported, but more if the GPU itself supports DXVA.

But to answer your specific question, the ION is supported...I've run full 1080p BD rips on an ION powered Single-Core Atom.

- burritoboy9984 - 2009-12-27

thx for the quick response!

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-27

tiben20 Wrote:the problem with win 7 and last release is fixed in svn i just need to post a build

Thanks again tiben! Big Grin Waiting patiently, dont hurry...!Wink

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-27

sonicflare Wrote:Also a couple of notes from my past experience:
* It's much easer to install Vista/7 to get the DVXAv2 running (by choosing EVR render model), that to play around it on XP. I've spent all weekend trying to make DXVA to work on XP (and it did eventially)

Strange, as I bought a Asrock Ion 330HT for someone at xmas set it up under XP Pro and DXVA worked straight away only problem for me was audio sync when running at 24Hz seems ok at 60Hz though

I think its a good idea to run MPC-HC if your having problems just so you know its DSPlayer specific and not a system setting or OS causing the problem, really don't know how tiben20 filters out which is which

DTS problem with DSPlayer but no DVDplayer - luxmen - 2009-12-27

Hello,

I've a problem with DTS when i use DSPlayer... but its work well with DVDPlayer.

I dont use HDMI sound output, but DIGITAL output.

I've Giada n3 box (Nvidia ion with 9400 NVidia VideoCard)

Sometime i've no sound... and sometime the movie doesn't start...
It depend of movie.

Can you help me please ?

Thx for this great topic !!!

- christoofar - 2009-12-27

>>X<<' Wrote:Strange, as I bought a Asrock Ion 330HT for someone at xmas set it up under XP Pro and DXVA worked straight away only problem for me was audio sync when running at 24Hz seems ok at 60Hz though

I think its a good idea to run MPC-HC if your having problems just so you know its DSPlayer specific and not a system setting or OS causing the problem, really don't know how tiben20 filters out which is which

Working fine here too on AsRock/XP Pro nettop

- tiben20 - 2009-12-27

>>X<<' Wrote:Strange, as I bought a Asrock Ion 330HT for someone at xmas set it up under XP Pro and DXVA worked straight away only problem for me was audio sync when running at 24Hz seems ok at 60Hz though

Really hard to figure out where the problem come from. The filters merit can conflict with the dsplayer settings and a filters can be easyly introduced and screw everything up. Its kinda complex to fix those bugs the next thing im going to do is give information about which filters are currently used on the osd. This would be really good to see what your actually having in your graph instead of loading graphstudio

- christoofar - 2009-12-28

tiben20 Wrote:Well if its just crossfading which is totally unrelated with my development i wont use any time fixing that

Just an FYI - I tried the "official" 9.11 final today, and crossfading working fine, so not sure why it doesn't in your builds Sad