Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- needtotest - 2009-12-29

tiben20 Wrote:I didnt code a lot in the last 4 days i was too busy too drink and work. Im not sure what im going to do next. But mkv chapters should be supported in 2010 Tongue

Other than the win7 problem I vote for support of subtitlesSmile

/needtotest

- tiben20 - 2009-12-29

needtotest Wrote:Other than the win7 problem I vote for support of subtitlesSmile

/needtotest

You can try to code it all by your self if you might get lucky and do it before 2015

- athloni - 2009-12-29

tiben20 Wrote:You can try to code it all by your self if you might get lucky and do it before 2015

Funny Smile
But many people need subtitle support. Any change of getting it soon?

- ncnmra - 2009-12-29

Guys,
Thanks for all the hard work on this. I have a Revo AR3610 (4GB RAM, Windows 7), and I'm struggling with this install.

- I downloaded the install EXE from the OP
- Installed it
- Added "advancedsettings.xml" with the external player contents
- XBMC loads up just fine, and I can play movies by selecing them, which presumably uses DVDPlayer.
- When I right click and select "play using", I see the menu, and can select DSPlayer, but it just shows up as "Pause", and I get no video.

EDIT: OK, I found the option for forcing EVR for Windows Vista, which now makes the video play, but it is very choppy. It appears the sound is OK, but the framerate is 14 or so.

Can someone that has a Revo put up a step-by-step how they got it working? I really want to use this thing as a media player, but as of right now, its not cutting it, and installing Linux is not an option.

I just noticed that it says "not using DXVA" when I press "O" and the CPU is at 30-40% (4 cores...two of which are the hyperthreads)

- paco - 2009-12-29

athloni Wrote:But many people need subtitle support. Any change of getting it soon?

Stop pestering tiben20 with subtitle support. Having people ask every page or two isn't going to change the time frame. Read some of his older posts re: subtitles. From what I have read, there are a few other issues he wants to resolve with DSPlayer before attempting to tackle subtitles again.

If you 'NEED' subtitles, use the built-in player. If your CPU can't handle it and Linux isn't an option, install MPC-HC and use it. Subtitles work fine with MPC-HC. Pay a visit to the External Player thread and do some reading. I rarely use MPC-HC but I keep it around for testing purposes. Using the Imon software, I have added MPC-HC as an app and when using the external player, I have all my buttons mapped (info, play, pause, stop, skip back, skip forward, etc...). If you don't have an Imon IR, use Eventghost.

- seaweed - 2009-12-30

-Sumo- Wrote:I can confirm that, the last build I have here to install that works is 25915, but I dont really know if a working one was released afterwards, because I was offline for a little while...

http://www.multiupload.com/NWJ9EHSVO3

Tried this now sumo, and it works great in win7, but the newest build (XBMCSetup-Rev26081-dx) did not Sad

Nor did any other of the later builds i tried. (Guess thats to be expected from the earlier posts ive seen, but hope a new build with win7 support will come around soon)
Nevertheless, build 25915 works great, and the picture is magnificant. Nice work tiben Smile

PS: ncnmra, i have a acer revo 3610 aswell, and build 25915 worked great for me, try that one Smile

- fluffylob - 2009-12-30

ncnmra,

Check out this post a few pages back:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=465799&postcount=792

There seems to be some problems with Windows 7 on more recent builds that Tiben20 is already aware of. I'm using the one in the post above quite happily on the same model Revo as you - I get about 10% CPU on 720p content. The Revo is shaping up quite nicely as an htpc for me, largely thanks to this project.

Just install this build and don't force the EVR renderer.

Cheers,
Chris

Edit: Like seaweed just said Smile

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-30

ncnmra Wrote:- Added "advancedsettings.xml" with the external player contents

-Sumo- Wrote:Isnt it a fact, that "advancedsettings.xml" is useless in actual builds?

I thought that we have to use a "playercorefactory.xml"?!

Mine looks like this and works fine:

<playercorefactory>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|mts|m2ts" player="DSPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Perhaps can somebody confirm, that advancedsettings.xml is outdated?! Or am I wrong in that caseHuh

- fluffylob - 2009-12-30

The way I understood it (and I could be wrong), you can define the default player in advancedsettings.xml, but using playercorefactory.xml you can be more specific about the player to be used based on filetype / name etc...

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-30

Quote:There are currently two different ways of accessing this functionality. The first is found in the XBMC 9.04 (Babylon) point-release and involves advancedsettings.xml, the second newer one can be found in the latest bleeding edge builds (or if you compile directly from SVN yourself) and it involves the configuration of a playercorefactory.xml file, through which we can alter the default player for different sources (videos, music, DVDs, etc.) and add as many external players as needed...

XBMC, since r20983, comes with a default playercorefactory.xml, located under the XBMC\System folder (where XBMC is the chosen installation folder).

To customize playback behaviour, users need to create an extra playercorefactory.xml file inside their "\UserData\" folder.

I did not exactly understand, if the first method is available in later builds furthermore. My english unfortunately isnt really gapless. Since advancedsettings didnt work for me, I assumed the function isnt really present in newer builds...

- tiben20 - 2009-12-30

paco Wrote:Stop pestering tiben20 with subtitle support. Having people ask every page or two isn't going to change the time frame. Read some of his older posts re: subtitles. From what I have read, there are a few other issues he wants to resolve with DSPlayer before attempting to tackle subtitles again.

If you 'NEED' subtitles, use the built-in player. If your CPU can't handle it and Linux isn't an option, install MPC-HC and use it. Subtitles work fine with MPC-HC. Pay a visit to the External Player thread and do some reading. I rarely use MPC-HC but I keep it around for testing purposes. Using the Imon software, I have added MPC-HC as an app and when using the external player, I have all my buttons mapped (info, play, pause, stop, skip back, skip forward, etc...). If you don't have an Imon IR, use Eventghost.
External player look ugly when you compare to this player. Would be nice if some people would code the subtitles parts of my player but i guest ill just have to wait until someone code it. I dont really want to spend hours developing the subtitles rendering im just a beginner...

- crash123 - 2009-12-30

tiben20 Wrote:...im just a beginner...
For a beginner you code like a pro. Good job mate.

- ncnmra - 2009-12-30

seaweed Wrote:PS: ncnmra, i have a acer revo 3610 aswell, and build 25915 worked great for me, try that one Smile

OK, I'm getting closer now. Video is playing fine now, but the audio is messed up. Depending on the movie I play, the audio may or may not work. I have tried one that has DTS, and it sounds like a propeller (audio is "chopped" up).

Are there any settings anywhere that I should be changing?

- ncnmra - 2009-12-30

-Sumo- Wrote:Perhaps can somebody confirm, that advancedsettings.xml is outdated?! Or am I wrong in that caseHuh

You are correct. It appears that the advancedsettings.xml file isn't doing anything. Moreover, even though I told XBMC to install into "portable" mode (such that it looks for its settings in its own program directory rather than the user/appdata directory, it keeps hunting for stuff there.

I have to uninstall it and delete all registry settings and try again.

EDIT: It looks like the audio issue may be with running DSPlayer *after* running DVDPlayer.

Also, I removed ALL copies of XBMC, and installed the 25195 build, and told it specifically to look in its own folder (*NOT* the Roaming folder), yet it still created a directory in the roaming folder after its first run.

- ncnmra - 2009-12-30

Is it possible to use DSPlayer in a newer (9.11??) build of XBMC? I'm noticing that there are a few broken things that aren't working properly, like some of the weather and I can't seem to browse for SMB shares under the video mode.