Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- hades_2100 - 2009-12-30

ncnmra Wrote:Is it possible to use DSPlayer in a newer (9.11??) build of XBMC? I'm noticing that there are a few broken things that aren't working properly, like some of the weather and I can't seem to browse for SMB shares under the video mode.

DTS was bad for me too. 2 things you could try.
1) For me, audio was messed up because some files I put through MKV2VOB (which converts the MKV into a PS3 capable file). DVDPlayer played them fine, but DSPlayer didn't.
2) I ended up using AC3Filter to output audio.

The combination of the above 2 solved my audio problems.

In order to bypass SMB share problems, I just mapped the drives in Windows.

hades

- tiben20 - 2009-12-30

look at this i dont think it could be done before 2011 but that sounds good http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1355831#post1355831

- fluffylob - 2009-12-30

ncnmra Wrote:You are correct. It appears that the advancedsettings.xml file isn't doing anything.

I don't think this is right. See my log entry below (25915 build)

Code:
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003726336  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003841024  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003841024  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003841024  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003849216  NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003849216  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <video>
                                                <defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
                                              </video>
                                            </advancedsettings>
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003857408  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003857408  NOTICE: Checking resolution 12
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003857408  NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003857408  NOTICE: Default Video Player: dsplayer
09:01:01 T:2468 M:2003857408  NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer

So it seems advancedsettings can still be used. Note I don't use portable mode, so that may have a bearing. Maybe in portable mode xbmc is looking in the wrong place for advancedsettings.xml. Check your log, see what it says...

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-30

ncnmra Wrote:Is it possible to use DSPlayer in a newer (9.11??) build of XBMC? I'm noticing that there are a few broken things that aren't working properly, like some of the weather and I can't seem to browse for SMB shares under the video mode.

You can try to use the the xbmc updater for windows.
I dont know if it fixes your problems, but I used it too and it updated my xbmc to the latest branch and dsplayer is still working properly afterwards...

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-30

fluffylob Wrote:So it seems advancedsettings can still be used. Note I don't use portable mode, so that may have a bearing. Maybe in portable mode xbmc is looking in the wrong place for advancedsettings.xml. Check your log, see what it says...

Maybe right, I am using the portable mode too.

- forenhopper - 2009-12-30

seaweed Wrote:Tried this now sumo, and it works great in win7, but the newest build (XBMCSetup-Rev26081-dx) did not Sad

Nor did any other of the later builds i tried. (Guess thats to be expected from the earlier posts ive seen, but hope a new build with win7 support will come around soon)
Nevertheless, build 25915 works great, and the picture is magnificant. Nice work tiben Smile

PS: ncnmra, i have a acer revo 3610 aswell, and build 25915 worked great for me, try that one Smile

That's right. 25915 is the only Version which works under Windows 7.

But i got still Problems with DTS Sound. Another user descriped it as a helicopter. I sense the same.

Is there a solution for it? DTS with DVDplayer works finde

And thanks to tiben, without DSplayer xbmc would not be running anymore Smile

- needtotest - 2009-12-30

tiben20 Wrote:You can try to code it all by your self if you might get lucky and do it before 2015

Sorry was not ment to sound like that - just sounded like you were unsure what to code next and I tought this was the most important. In the end it is of course all up to you.

/needtotest

- needtotest - 2009-12-30

tiben20 Wrote:External player look ugly when you compare to this player. Would be nice if some people would code the subtitles parts of my player but i guest ill just have to wait until someone code it. I dont really want to spend hours developing the subtitles rendering im just a beginner...

This is the best solution IMO.

The way subtitles are implemented in the dvdplayer - is that totally different - I mean cant the code be reused?
Even if the subtitles are still rendered with the cpu this would still be a improvement. (dont take this in a bad way - I am just asking)

/needtotest

- tiben20 - 2009-12-30

needtotest Wrote:This is the best solution IMO.

The way subtitles are implemented in the dvdplayer - is that totally different - I mean cant the code be reused?
Even if the subtitles are still rendered with the cpu this would still be a improvement. (dont take this in a bad way - I am just asking)

/needtotest
Im not sure about the possibility of the use of subtitles of dvdplayer. Basically everything is possible when i started the project i didnt know if it was possible to do render an image on the screen Tongue.No matter what subtitles wont be rendered from the gpu. mpc-hc render subtitles after the images has been rendered on the surfaces. dvdplayer decode the video image and before rendering it on the surface it process subtitles before sending it to the renderer.

- runderekrun - 2009-12-30

Just wanted to say amazing job tiben20. This build is working great for me and my Windows XP 32 bit HTPC. 1080p on my poor single core!

The only bug I have is the one where it won't let me play more than about 3 files on DSPlayer before it kind of halts and won't load up anymore videos. I just usually load up a video in DVDPlayer, stop it, then reload it again in DSPlayer and it works again. Not sure whats going on there but its honestly no big deal.

Thanks.

- robothunter - 2009-12-30

Thank you for all this work Tiben20. I have been reading through this post. I am using Windows 7 x32 on an Zotac N330 ION board. I have installed version 2519. If I right click on a 1080p .mkv file I can select dsplayer and it plays perfectly. For some reason my default player is still DVDPlayer.

I made an advancedsettings.xml file and put it in my XBMC/userdata folder. This is what I have:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I also made a playercorefactory.xml file and put it in the same XBMC/userdata folder. This is what I hare:
Quote:<playercorefactory>
<rules>
<rule filetypes="mkv|ts|mts|m2ts" player="dsplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Can someone help me out with this?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-30

tiben20 will you still be continuing your development now xbmc has added support for hardware decoding via the Broadcom Crystal HD ?

@robothunter

If you want to use dsplayer for everything you only need the <advancedsettings> if you only want it on certain video types then you use </playercorefactory> you don't use both

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-30

@robohunter:

Perhaps you´ll have to use only one possible .xml

You can try to delete the advancedsettings.xml and then play your files.

Are you using xbmc in portable mode?

- carmenm - 2009-12-30

>>X<<' Wrote:tiben20 will you still be continuing your development now xbmc has added support for hardware decoding via the Broadcom Crystal HD ?

Interesting, does it allow subtitles? Do you know if we have access to features like sharpening?

- fincheresque - 2009-12-30

I can't answer for Tiben20, but I'm sure the Linux VDPAU guys have no intention of stopping their development. It's a very, very cool feature (the CrystalHD stuff), but it will compliment native GPU decoding (or give an option to those that have no alternative i.e. windows laptop users, AppleTV) rather than replace it.

Personally, I've ordered one because I'm sort of a hardware junkie...and $22 isn't going to break the bank.