Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- ncnmra - 2009-12-31

hades_2100 Wrote:Heya. From what I understand they use different stuff to decode audio. Because DVDPlayer also works for me, but DSPlayer chokes on a few audio tracks. I also have 2 Revo's, and 2 ATI-based XBMC machines, I understand your problem. Smile

I tried your steps (good memory by the way) and it works....sort of. I am having some new issues. For one, if I use the SPDIF setting on AC3Filter, I get no sound from the HDMI port. Conversely, if I set SPDIF to off on AC3Filter config, then I get Multi Channel PCM to the receiver (which is OK), but it is very inconsistent. For example, I tried playing one movie, and about 2 minutes in, I lost all center channel.

This is becoming very frustrating. I'm trying to setup the Revo for a relative, and all these hiccups are making it non-feasible. Its about 0.3Ghz too slow for 720p which is killing me. My 3 year old Asus laptop with a T2400 (dual 1.83GHz) hums excellent with anything I throw at it (even some 1080 stuff).

I hate to use this forum to ask this question, but are there *any* alternatives to XBMC that support DXVA that have a slick interface? I'd love to create a "WDTV" alternative, but I may have to suggest just that (or an O!Play) if this doesn't work out. Unfortunately, I don't have much time left for this.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-31

Well i found a temporary solution with incorporating mediaportal subtitles renderer into my player in a dynamic dll interface this way. Its not really the way i wanted the subtitles incorporated into the project but at least its going to do the job.

- hades_2100 - 2009-12-31

ncnmra Wrote:I tried your steps (good memory by the way) and it works....sort of. I am having some new issues. For one, if I use the SPDIF setting on AC3Filter, I get no sound from the HDMI port. Conversely, if I set SPDIF to off on AC3Filter config, then I get Multi Channel PCM to the receiver (which is OK), but it is very inconsistent. For example, I tried playing one movie, and about 2 minutes in, I lost all center channel.

This is becoming very frustrating. I'm trying to setup the Revo for a relative, and all these hiccups are making it non-feasible. Its about 0.3Ghz too slow for 720p which is killing me. My 3 year old Asus laptop with a T2400 (dual 1.83GHz) hums excellent with anything I throw at it (even some 1080 stuff).

I hate to use this forum to ask this question, but are there *any* alternatives to XBMC that support DXVA that have a slick interface? I'd love to create a "WDTV" alternative, but I may have to suggest just that (or an O!Play) if this doesn't work out. Unfortunately, I don't have much time left for this.

Hello,

Do not worry, it'll work. The other alternative is to go with the Linux Live installation of XBMC which also works fine, but has its own problems (HD playback however works fine on the REVO).

First off, Multi-channel PCM is not good, from what I understand it means that the PC has already decoded the audio and is passing the decoded audio to the receiver. It would be better to have the thing just passed-through to the receiver.

My setup is as follows (again, from memory. I can post screenshots a bit later). Windows itself is set to *stereo* audio. AC3/DTS audio is set to pass-through to the receiver in AC3Filter. Whatever is not AC3/DTS is just stereo (AVI/MP3), in which case the signal is multi-channel PCM, and the receiver is supposed to upmix it (in my case to 7.1 - XBMC does not upmix).

So forget multi-channel PCM, it working is not ideal.

What movie are you trying to play? Can you post a sample? What format is the audio track?

I'll post screenshots, then you can compare. Note that the screenshots are from an ATI-4350-based system.

BTW, you are using Windows 7? On the REVO, did you install the NVidia HDMI audio driver? (Again, from memory) If you call up the NVidia control panel, on one of the screens you can set HDMI audio to ON/OFF. Make sure it's ON.

hades

- neil.j1983 - 2009-12-31

tiben20 Wrote:nop its only allowing decoding with a broadcom device

you will never get dxva working with the option for rendering on its for testing and development only. Put it off and post your debug log. For the reclock i dont know why its doing that i still need to figure out why its not working 2 times in a row

with it off i now get the pause dialog popping up, and nothing happening. i read about this a few pages back.

http://pastebin.com/m4152e4e

ncnmra Wrote:I tried your steps (good memory by the way) and it works....sort of. I am having some new issues. For one, if I use the SPDIF setting on AC3Filter, I get no sound from the HDMI port. Conversely, if I set SPDIF to off on AC3Filter config, then I get Multi Channel PCM to the receiver (which is OK), but it is very inconsistent. For example, I tried playing one movie, and about 2 minutes in, I lost all center channel.

Please check your settings against mine. I just tried a variety of movies, and they all play just fine. AVI, AC3 and DTS. I do not have any HD-DTS or anything fancy.

Here

hades

- seaweed - 2009-12-31

ncnmra Wrote:Try putting it into your Users/../AppData/Roaming/XBMC folder instead

Even though I told XBMC to use the portable mode, it still insisted on looking for its config in that folder.

(advancedsettings.xml)

This did the trick for me, thanks Smile

- User 42580 - 2009-12-31

tiben20 Wrote:Well i found a temporary solution with incorporating mediaportal subtitles renderer into my player in a dynamic dll interface this way. Its not really the way i wanted the subtitles incorporated into the project but at least its going to do the job.

This is a fantastic news. Thx for your hard work.
Is it already functional?

- astrajoy - 2009-12-31

Excellent work on all this guys! Hopefully this is the right spot to post any other issues we have encountered. I don't know if it is directly related to the DSPlayer integration or not.

I have experienced a problem that if I am watching a video and pause it OR watching a video and then exit to the main menu, if I then exit out of full screen mode, I encounter an all black screen and have to kill XBMC and reopen it to fix the problem. Just wanted to drop that in there.

Other than that, this branch is working great on my ZOTAC 330 board, 2GB RAM. Thanks!

- tiben20 - 2009-12-31

Discaciate Wrote:This is a fantastic news. Thx for your hard work.
Is it already functional?
nope

astrajoy Wrote:Excellent work on all this guys! Hopefully this is the right spot to post any other issues we have encountered. I don't know if it is directly related to the DSPlayer integration or not.

I have experienced a problem that if I am watching a video and pause it OR watching a video and then exit to the main menu, if I then exit out of full screen mode, I encounter an all black screen and have to kill XBMC and reopen it to fix the problem. Just wanted to drop that in there.

Other than that, this branch is working great on my ZOTAC 330 board, 2GB RAM. Thanks!
your running the last version? if your not this is the reason why. If you are running the last one post the debug log

- astrajoy - 2009-12-31

tiben20 Wrote:nope

your running the last version? if your not this is the reason why. If you are running the last one post the debug log

No, i'm not because I am running Windows 7 and using ION. I had to scale back a few revisions ago because of the whole DXVA issue and it not being able to be enabled in the most recent release. Has this changed or is this still the case? If it is fixed in the new version, disregard and thanks for the quick reply!

- ncnmra - 2009-12-31

hades_2100 Wrote:My setup is as follows (again, from memory. I can post screenshots a bit later). Windows itself is set to *stereo* audio. AC3/DTS audio is set to pass-through to the receiver in AC3Filter.

Hades!

Thank you SOOO much for your help. I think that did it. The trick seemed to be to configure Windows HDMI Output (the driver was already there) for 2 speakers only. Before, I had it set to 5.1 (as per my system). This seems counter-intuitive, but at this point, I don't care because it works. All the videos that I played back are working fine now, and even DTS is being pushed to the receiver.

Again, thank-you for this. I will try to do a HOW-TO, specifically for the Revo to get this setup working. Its a nice machine, and hopefully the XBMC crew can incorporate DSPlayer into future stable builds.

Again, thank you, you've saved me a lot of frustration!

ncnmra Wrote:Hades!

Thank you SOOO much for your help. I think that did it. The trick seemed to be to configure Windows HDMI Output (the driver was already there) for 2 speakers only. Before, I had it set to 5.1 (as per my system). This seems counter-intuitive, but at this point, I don't care because it works. All the videos that I played back are working fine now, and even DTS is being pushed to the receiver.

Again, thank-you for this. I will try to do a HOW-TO, specifically for the Revo to get this setup working. Its a nice machine, and hopefully the XBMC crew can incorporate DSPlayer into future stable builds.

Again, thank you, you've saved me a lot of frustration!

Glad to help. I've started a 'HOW-TO' for the REVO, but encountered problems, including a computer-crash which wiped out some settings for me, etc. Anyway, if you want to edit it, please copy the content and go ahead. If you're interested, let me know.

hades

- Bier_Koerier - 2009-12-31

neil.j1983 Wrote:with it off i now get the pause dialog popping up, and nothing happening. i read about this a few pages back.

http://pastebin.com/m4152e4e

I did have that same problem. I did a clean install of xbmc(including removing the persenal folder) and installed R25915. Everything works perfectly now except for the xbmc auto refreshrate changer.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-31

http://ac3filter.net/projects/spdifer/releases this could do what you need for the output to receiver?

- tiben20 - 2009-12-31

astrajoy Wrote:No, i'm not because I am running Windows 7 and using ION. I had to scale back a few revisions ago because of the whole DXVA issue and it not being able to be enabled in the most recent release. Has this changed or is this still the case? If it is fixed in the new version, disregard and thanks for the quick reply!
I still need debug log to find the problem on the last version im alone to develop this project i cant figure out where the problems come from when i cant reproduce the bug.