Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Background - 2010-01-03

Background Wrote:Great work tiben20. CPU Usage (using a Athlon II 240, 2x 2.8 Ghz, testing a 1080p File) drops from ~ 65% to 18%.

Only thing i miss is the selection of the audio tracks.
With the DVDPlayer i could select different audio tracks, with the DSPlayer i see only 1. Selection is not possible.

Using now mkvmerge GUI tool to remove the correct language to the top.

But i have a new big probleme and i dont know how to fix it.

- At the beginning i installed the build
- After that the buil because i heard that this version was better for win 7
- After upgrading to the last yesterday i thought that this was ok

But today i look into the CPU usage and could see the old higher usage ~ 60-70%. Ok, i decide to install again the build. But now i couldnt see on the screen the settings for the DSPlayer. CPU usage is with this version also to high. I didnt change anything on my HTPC.

Pressing O during the playback i could see, for example, H.264 decoder...no FGT. It seems that dsplayer try to encode via the GPU. But without access.

1. How to enable into the menu the dsplayer funktion. Ic could not see unter "Scraper" the "dsplayer"

2. How to install a newer or older version? I delete also the temp directory and the user profile manually.

regards

- tiben20 - 2010-01-03

Background Wrote:Using now mkvmerge GUI tool to remove the correct language to the top.

But i have a new big probleme and i dont know how to fix it.

- At the beginning i installed the build
- After that the buil because i heard that this version was better for win 7
- After upgrading to the last yesterday i thought that this was ok

But today i look into the CPU usage and could see the old higher usage ~ 60-70%. Ok, i decide to install again the build. But now i couldnt see on the screen the settings for the DSPlayer. CPU usage is with this version also to high. I didnt change anything on my HTPC.

Pressing O during the playback i could see, for example, H.264 decoder...no FGT. It seems that dsplayer try to encode via the GPU. But without access.

1. How to enable into the menu the dsplayer funktion. Ic could not see unter "Scraper" the "dsplayer"

2. How to install a newer or older version? I delete also the temp directory and the user profile manually.

regards
When you see H.264 decoder...no FGT that mean dxva is in action. The options for dsplayer are kinda useless right now didnt had anything that could be usefull right now, the link on the first post of the thread have download links. The easier way to install a version is to select stores userdata in "c:\program files\xbmc\userdata" this way if you want to delete it you just delete the userdata and your fine.

Well i did enough coding for this morning
http://trac.xbmc.org/search?q=tiben20
See ya.

- NexXxus - 2010-01-03

can't compile the latest rev, lot of errors:
http://pastebin.com/f32e6e622
sorry about the language because my VS2008 is in german..

the problem is not caused by my configuration isn't it?

- Logandros - 2010-01-03

NexXxus Wrote:can't compile the latest rev, lot of errors:

No it is not your setup. The latest revision is currently going through a transition from VS 2008 to VS 2008 Express and the libraries that are packaged with it. Until tiben20 is done re-writing the code, you will not be able to compile the svn in either.

- NatroN - 2010-01-03

I LOVE YOU - this solved all my performance problems with my f***ing ati card. thanks...

- tiben20 - 2010-01-03

NexXxus Wrote:can't compile the latest rev, lot of errors:

You can keep updating until it can be build but actually the build is broken.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-04

tiben20 Wrote:You can keep updating until it can be build but actually the build is broken.
This is now building but got a problem in FGmanager.
The freaking cocreateinstance dont want to work at
CFGManager::CFGManager(LPCTSTR pName, LPUNKNOWN pUnk)
this is driving me crazy
Im giving a cooking to the person who find the solution

- lignumaqua - 2010-01-04

All movies are playing great now on my Revo! Smile This build has been promoted to the main HTPC. Many thanks!

I'm using selective code in my advancedsettings.xml file so that it runs DSPlayer for any 720 or 1080 files and DVDPlayer for the others. Works well.

I only have one problem - and I don't know if it's fundamental to the use of DSPLayer? I cannot access any of my Video Plug-ins when using any of the DSPlayer builds. Re-install normal builds and they are fine but with these builds I get a 'Cannot find' or 'Cannot access' error for the Video Plug in folder.

This may well be my stupidity in not realising how I change the location. sources.xml hasn't changed and I don't know where else the location of the Videos/Plugin folder would change?

- JustinKlim - 2010-01-04

lignumaqua Wrote:All movies are playing great now on my Revo! Smile This build has been promoted to the main HTPC. Many thanks!

I'm using selective code in my advancedsettings.xml file so that it runs DSPlayer for any 720 or 1080 files and DVDPlayer for the others. Works well.

I only have one problem - and I don't know if it's fundamental to the use of DSPLayer? I cannot access any of my Video Plug-ins when using any of the DSPlayer builds. Re-install normal builds and they are fine but with these builds I get a 'Cannot find' or 'Cannot access' error for the Video Plug in folder.

This may well be my stupidity in not realising how I change the location. sources.xml hasn't changed and I don't know where else the location of the Videos/Plugin folder would change?

I think the problem is that tiben isn't including plugins in the build. When you install it you'll notice that on the screen where you can select features it doesn't have a plugins item in the list to enable/disable. I think you can get round this by installing the official 9.11 release and then tiben's release on top. This will install plugins functionality and then be left in place when installed over.

- -Sumo- - 2010-01-04

JustinKlim Wrote:I think you can get round this by installing the official 9.11 release and then tiben's release on top. This will install plugins functionality and then be left in place when installed over.

I´ve installed tibens build and then I´ve downloaded the svn repo installer and unpacked it to \xbmc\plugins\programs\

Then I was able to install all wanted stuff with the svn repo installer.

- iBROX - 2010-01-04

Hey all,

First post, got my Asrock IONHT-BD up and running on Windows7.

Using build 26269 and killa-sample works fine.

Stupid question, how do i bring up the codec information whilst the video is playing?

I saw it in some screenshots earlier, it shows the frame rate and the codec etc..

Thanks

- spiff - 2010-01-04

'o'

- iBROX - 2010-01-04

Spiff: Thank you

- Matix - 2010-01-04

Hey Guys,

I am comparative new to xbmc and played yesterday all time to setup it on my "testing machine" before I'm gonna install it on my ion board.

Had so far no problems and I think it is running well with dxva but I am not completely sure if it is running, I have a GeForce 9600M GT on my notebook, get around 20-35% cpu load and 15-50% gpu load (thats what gpu-z showed). Anyway to ensure that dxva is running ? By pressing 'o' it gives me H.264 Video Codec, but I will append an screenshot when I come home.

I have tried successfully to play a h.264 movie in mpc-hc while coreavc (cuda enabled) decoded it - cpu load ~ 35% and gpu load constantly 15%.

I tried also to implement the coreavc codec into the dsfilterconfig.xml but had no success running it with dsplayer (dunno if it is even possible, could no read that out from this thread). I know it is possible to configure an external player, but I want to avoid this. It is not a big deal at the moment for me just wanted to test some stuff.

My main question is now, cause I have no overview and have also searched a lot but is there any overview of all dxva capable windows based builds ? I know tiben is coding on his rev in this thread but how is his rev exactly called ? The thread title is very irritating imho cause it is only the player which got dxva capable as far as I understand. (Thanks to Tiben for his great work)

I know there is a camelot, boxee, nightly and tiben's release where the dsplayer is integrated with the dxva function ? Is there any good page where the infos of this builds are summarized except to go through every single changelog? I have tried tibens build and camelot and could not see any differences except on the revision I installed. Anyone know how to check the current installed revision of xbmc ?

I am just a little bit confused about all this revisions and don't know which one to setup for my htpc and I know they are being constantly updated thats even harder to make a final decision.

Thanks in advance Smile
Matix

- floepie - 2010-01-04

^^ Yes, I am confused about this as well. I have the latest setup (26307) from the 3rd party SVN thread. According to the timeline (TRAC), tibben's mods have been recorded in builds *before* 26307. I'm just confused as to why DSplayer is not installed with this build?

The only reason I'm asking is because of a recent feature that has been added in recent builds that I've been waiting for (wasapi output). Thanks....