Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- sumofatguy - 2010-01-05

iBROX Wrote:Hi,

I'm having an issue with using dsplayer as the player for all video.

Certain AVI's have a horrible audio delay, if i remove dsplayer as the default player for avi etc, it works fine.

How do i make it so that dsplayer just plays mkv and high quality avi files, and the normal xbmc player play everything else?

edit playercorefactory.xml
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
      <rule filetypes="mkv" player="DSPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

- dannyv45 - 2010-01-05

tiben20 Wrote:Directshow dont use a completly different way for rendering. There 3 specific thread involved for windows vista and 7 which is making it hard to add those options to the player without creating massive bugs.

For the memory leak i just reverted the stuff that broken the build so ill be able to look into it.

Just want to confirm that I to have the memory leak after playing several video's that usually end in XBMC locking up. An end task or ending the XBMC.exe process will generally remedy it temprarily. Glad to know your aware of it and on top of it.

Also would like to confirm that I also have the problem with DTS passthrough sounding like I'm listening to it under water. It's been about a week since I've logged on so I'm not sure if its been addressed. I am running the latest build.

All in all tiben20 your doing a great job. Happy new year and I hope you had a great holiday.

- Dalidah - 2010-01-05

NexXxus Wrote:oh my... another problem..

i can hear all audiotracks at once when playing an MKV and use HDMI audio output with the Nvidia soundcard.
It doesn't happen when using the analog stereo output..

does someone know a solution for this?

oh and the DSplayer item in the settings menu is gone, dunno why.

Same here, but not in all mkv files and with analog audio output. Hardware is Ion 330HT

- benandjerry - 2010-01-05

I'm completely new to XBMC, so forgive me if this is a noob question, but what are the advantages of using this instead of say mpc-hc or kmplayer with hardware/gpu accelerated decoding?

Thanks for developing this.

- User 42580 - 2010-01-05

benandjerry Wrote:I'm completely new to XBMC, so forgive me if this is a noob question, but what are the advantages of using this instead of say mpc-hc or kmplayer with hardware/gpu accelerated decoding?

Thanks for developing this.

Welcome to the XBMC community.

In terms of performance it won't make must of a difference. But the good thing is that the DSPlayer is completely integrated on XBMC so you won't have to setup external player or mess with complicated solutions.

So you will be able to play your files with DXVA acceleration using the XBMC with little configuration needed.

But mind you that while it's working great for some people it's still in development and there are still quite a few bugs and non working things.

Tiben is doing and unbelievable work and it gets updated very often.

- benandjerry - 2010-01-05

Sounds sweet, going to give this a try too, is it possible to run this alongside a regular xbmc setup while testing or would I need to uninstall the other one?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-05

benandjerry Wrote:Sounds sweet, going to give this a try too, is it possible to run this alongside a regular xbmc setup while testing or would I need to uninstall the other one?
The biggest difference would be the xbmc gui interacting with the video with an external player you cant just press tab while playing a video. The best way for testting is install it in a new directorty and select store data in that new directory so this way you wont lose your other installation if you dont like this one.For the performance improvements take a look at the print screen in first post. I took a picture of the same video with the cpu % used. 3.9% to 5.5 against 22 to 29 in dvdplayer its kinda impressive

- tomsab - 2010-01-05

At first: Thank you for your great work tiben!

I have tried your latest build (26242) on an Asrock ion 330 with windows 7 (64bit) installed. --> no video playback if i selected dsplayer...

So I gave the 25915 a try, which was mentioned in some other posts --> video playback with dsplayer works fine.

Are you already working on a fix for the win7 problem?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-05

tomsab Wrote:At first: Thank you for your great work tiben!

I have tried your latest build (26242) on an Asrock ion 330 with windows 7 (64bit) installed. --> no video playback if i selected dsplayer...

So I gave the 25915 a try, which was mentioned in some other posts --> video playback with dsplayer works fine.

Are you already working on a fix for the win7 problem?
What im working on is not a noticable improvements if your not actually a developer. Its some stuff i need to do if i merge with the trunk.

- Background - 2010-01-05

Hi,

before 3 days the build 25915 was good and CPU usage drops to ~ 17%. After that i installed the last 26242. But i tried 2 days installing and the usage didnt drops again.

Now i install xbmc on my Win 7 in Win XP 3 Modus and starts it with admin rights. After that i could see the DSPlayer menu in xbmc.

DSPlayer is now the standard player, but when i start a mkv container the playing stops (i see only the pause sign). Nothing happend else.

With the DVDPlayer the movie starts correctly. Using Win 7, onboard HD 4200.

http://pastebin.com/m3b12000e

I dondt understand this. On my other Win 7, AT 4850 ist all ok. Driver ATI 9.12 are the same...

thx Confused

Somthing else. Can anybody confirm that XBMC/DSPlayer works better on Win XP SP 3 than on Win 7?

I dont really need Win 7 on my HTPC. Perhaps i should use Win XP SP 3?

regards

- dannyv45 - 2010-01-05

Background Wrote:Somthing else. Can anybody confirm that XBMC/DSPlayer works better on Win XP SP 3 than on Win 7?

I dont really need Win 7 on my HTPC. Perhaps i should use Win XP SP 3?

regards

Try this build

http://www.multiupload.com/1HL8RICTL6

It seems to work fine with win7.

Only 2 issues I noticed was bad playback of DTS audio and there is a memory leak that causes XBMC to lockup after several videos have been played. A end task or end process on XBMC.exe will reset XBMC for the next few videos. I noticed after 7 videos the first time and 10 the second time. This bug should'nt be to annoying if your only viewing a few video's night. Tibin20 is aware of the issues and is working towards fixing them.

dannyv45 Wrote:Try this build

http://www.multiupload.com/NWJ9EHSVO3

It seems to work fine with win7.

Only 2 issues I noticed was bad playback of DTS audio and there is a memory leak that causes XBMC to lockup after several videos have been played. A end tak or end process on XBMC.exe will reset XBMC for the next few videos. I noticed after 7 videos the first time and 10 the second time. THis bug should'nt be to anoying if your only viewing a few video's night. Tibin20 is aware of the problem and is working on a fix.

I have with success used this build in the beginning of this week. Installed then the new 26242, and then problems starts Sad

I will try now Win XP SP3 and report here.

- dannyv45 - 2010-01-05

Background Wrote:I have with success used this build in the beginning of this week. Installed then the new 26242, and then problems starts Sad

I will try now Win XP SP3 and report here.

Actually that was the wrong build I just refered to try this one.

http://www.multiupload.com/1HL8RICTL6

I corrected it in my original post.

Looks better, the videos starts correctly.

But, the CPU Usage is still ~ 55%. _I dondt know what i have done in the beginning of the week (have no backup of the system). At Monday my usage was only 15%.

Could it be my ATI drivers? using a 785g Asus Board, ATI 9.2 Catalyst. Something is stopping the DVXA encoding. Sad