Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- -Sumo- - 2010-01-05

Background Wrote:Looks better, the videos starts correctly.

But, the CPU Usage is still ~ 55%. _I dondt know what i have done in the beginning of the week (have no backup of the system). At Monday my usage was only 15%.

Could it be my ATI drivers? using a 785g Asus Board, ATI 9.2 Catalyst. Something is stopping the DVXA encoding. Sad

Perhaps you forgot the advancedsettings.xml or playercoreactory.xml...?!Eek
Or did you select "...force EVR renderer..." option in dsplayer menu?
You could try to uninstall/delete all the xbmc stuff and folders and do a fresh install.
On Win7 you´d better use 25915. The 26269 has problems with some files, when 2 audiotracks included.

As I understood, XP is the better choice at the moment. I tried both and it worked more flawlessly on XP, but I really like Win7 and with 25915 I´m happy, till an acceptable fix is out...

- Background - 2010-01-05

25915: Black Screen

Quote:20:32:18 T:3660 M:273342464 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
20:32:19 T:3980 M:306491392 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: SMPTE VC-1
20:32:19 T:3980 M:304447488 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:Big Grinecode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure
20:32:19 T:3980 M:304783360 ERROR: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:Big Grinecode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure
20:32:19 T:3660 M:233697280 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: SMPTE VC-1
20:32:20 T:3980 M:251838464 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: SMPTE VC-1

Tomorrow i will try XP on my HTPC. _I know, Win 7 on my Home PC is pretty nice. But on the HTPC i will only see XBMC. nothing else. Smile

thx for your help.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-05

Background Wrote:25915: Black Screen

Tomorrow i will try XP on my HTPC. _I know, Win 7 on my Home PC is pretty nice. But on the HTPC i will only see XBMC. nothing else. Smile

thx for your help.

if your getting this
CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg:ecode - avcodec_decode_video returned failure
your not using dsplayer at all its a class from the dvdplayer

- TjaLfE - 2010-01-06

Hi guys...

First of all... I'm new to XBMC on the Windows platform...(Used to be using an installation of the Live CD)

I have been experimenting with xbmc under Windows for a day or two, and must say, that this DSplayer thing really works and is a very nice job! (Thanks tiben)

Instead og spending a full day or two in reading alle the posts on the 109 pages in this thread, i hope some of you could give me some quick answers on the following questions:

Subtitles? yes or no?
Will subtitle support be implementet?
How far in the development are you atm?
What features are in the pipeline?

Hope you can answer these questions...

- needtotest - 2010-01-06

TjaLfE Wrote:Subtitles? yes or no?

Subs#1 - NO
Subs#2 - YES - I would assume that

I guess it needs to act like the dvdplayer - but har far tiben is I dont know.

/needtotest

- i*windows - 2010-01-06

whichever of tibbens build's I use, I just get a completely black screen with audio. Anything obvious I'm missing?

Running W7 on Acer Revo with all latest Nvidia Drivers, no other codec packs installed.

- Background - 2010-01-06

i*windows Wrote:whichever of tibbens build's I use, I just get a completely black screen with audio. Anything obvious I'm missing?

Running W7 on Acer Revo with all latest Nvidia Drivers, no other codec packs installed.

me2. Same problem.

To test, i installed MPC-HC and configured it in 10 min. Works good, CPU usage drops extremly. (Win 7 64bit).

I wil try DSplayer until it works Big Grin (MCE remote runs better with DSPlayer)

- tiben20 - 2010-01-06

TjaLfE Wrote:Hi guys...

First of all... I'm new to XBMC on the Windows platform...(Used to be using an installation of the Live CD)

I have been experimenting with xbmc under Windows for a day or two, and must say, that this DSplayer thing really works and is a very nice job! (Thanks tiben)

Instead og spending a full day or two in reading alle the posts on the 109 pages in this thread, i hope some of you could give me some quick answers on the following questions:

Subtitles? yes or no?

I cant really answer the question for how far i am in development there so many stuff to add. But right now ill repeat for the 99999 times
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Windows_from_source_code
if you look at Prerequisites im working on getting express edition only to work with my player

- TjaLfE - 2010-01-06

The for the answers...

It was not sopposed to be a "negative-GET-TO-WORK-post" cause i'm used to programming my self, and know stuff takes time, and great stuff takes even longer...

You'r doing a really nice job tiben... I'll for sure be following your development closely in the future...

- tiben20 - 2010-01-06

TjaLfE Wrote:The for the answers...

It was not sopposed to be a "negative-GET-TO-WORK-post" cause i'm used to programming my self, and know stuff takes time, and great stuff takes even longer...

You'r doing a really nice job tiben... I'll for sure be following your development closely in the future...

So if your programming you could help i started developing in c++ when xbmc started to use directx for rendering. So im technically a noob.

- TjaLfE - 2010-01-06

For christ sake tiben... don't take every thing as an attack!...

No... actually not... I'm not programming anything that is nearly as complicated as what you are doing... sorry if i offended you or someting... really wasn't what i wanted...

Just wanted to pad your shoulder and say keep on the good work...

- Mallet21 - 2010-01-06

Calm down....there was no malice in his response.

Its amazing to me though that with 100's of computer nerds visiting this site on a daily basis he can't get ANY help on developing the most important piece that remains for XBMC [WIN].

- tiben20 - 2010-01-06

TjaLfE Wrote:For christ sake tiben... don't take every thing as an attack!...

No... actually not... I'm not programming anything that is nearly as complicated as what you are doing... sorry if i offended you or someting... really wasn't what i wanted...

Just wanted to pad your shoulder and say keep on the good work...
Mallet is right i am really looking for some help, its shouldnt be that complicated if im doing it with only 8 month of experience

- tiben20 - 2010-01-06

Update: Im currently updating to the trunk so when im done ill post a build

- christoofar - 2010-01-06

tiben20 Wrote:Update: Im currently updating to the trunk so when im done ill post a build

excellente!
(hoping to find crossfade working ..)