Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-01-09

Obi Have Wrote:Just installed Dsplayer Rev 26487 on Athlon X2 5600/HD3200 box. Had some issues getting XBMC to recognize the advanced settings and had to rename a K Lite folder I couldn't uninstall, but I now have acceleration and 5.1 digital over HDMI. 720p mkv are running 2% or so over my network. Good job.
Thanks thats nice im getting also a drop of over 20% on the core for mkv. Like on the first post of the thread with 2 pictures of the same video side by side its really impressive Tongue.

Just to let the people who following the development im only off 2 days a week. And im coding only 30 to 1hours maximum every day i work. And im actually planning to remake entirely the problematic class which is causing a bug to finally be able to compile with vc++ express 2008 (the filters manager class) When im done with that ill be able to fix the evr and also end the subtitles!

- Marbieskarb - 2010-01-09

Hello,

I've been using this build of XBMC for a few weeks and I like the development it has been making.

I was wondering if any one else here gets either "noise," a scrambled, or a white picture for about 2-5 seconds before the playback of a movie begins? I also get something similar when I stop the video.

It doesn't happen at all when using Dvd Player.

I'm currently using revision 26487 but, I have have experienced this issue on all the builds I have installed.

- djdafreund - 2010-01-09

Hey Tiben, i've been following this for some time, and this is some REALLY good progress going on, especially if one doesn't want to get a separate card to accelerate HD, when you already have a 9800GTX 1G card that has no problem doing it. I am wondering since things are going well, i am assuming this will get integrated into the official branch, if no negative impact's or problems are seen with doing so? So future SVN compile's will already have this in XBMC.
And thanks big time buddy for spending so much time doing this, this is such a nice addition. I tried linux a number of times over the past 11 years, and love it currently (not installed for 6-7 months.) and although i heard acceleration works fine out of the box in linux using the available nvidia drivers, it's nice to see this kind of work and solutions for us windows lover's still. Smile

- tiben20 - 2010-01-09

djdafreund Wrote:Hey Tiben, i've been following this for some time, and this is some REALLY good progress going on, especially if one doesn't want to get a separate card to accelerate HD, when you already have a 9800GTX 1G card that has no problem doing it. I am wondering since things are going well, i am assuming this will get integrated into the official branch, if no negative impact's or problems are seen with doing so? So future SVN compile's will already have this in XBMC.
And thanks big time buddy for spending so much time doing this, this is such a nice addition. I tried linux a number of times over the past 11 years, and love it currently (not installed for 6-7 months.) and although i heard acceleration works fine out of the box in linux using the available nvidia drivers, it's nice to see this kind of work and solutions for us windows lover's still. Smile
Thanks. Yeah i tried many times linux but when you like an operating system you really want to stay with it. I didnt really asked for when i could be able to merge with the trunk. Its not really a good thing if everybody who is already compiling and developing on xbmc would have to get microsoft visual studio 2008 which is really expensive (i paid 400$ canadian for it) only because its easier to code everything related with directshow with the class coming only with visual studio 2008 (Talking about atl mfc).
I been working for 2 weeks almost only on converting every single class used from atl mfc to std. I just got the directshow graph launching without crashing 5 minutes ago Big Grin
If you want a little idea on how much work it took
http://trac.xbmc.org/search?q=tiben20
from rev 26292 to 26575 are the code i needed to change for making that possible.
No problem for the explication Wink
And ps: Someone can test if the commit 26575 is working correctly with vc express no headers should be missing now?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-09

Marbieskarb Wrote:Hello,

I've been using this build of XBMC for a few weeks and I like the development it has been making.

I was wondering if any one else here gets either "noise," a scrambled, or a white picture for about 2-5 seconds before the playback of a movie begins? I also get something similar when I stop the video.

It doesn't happen at all when using Dvd Player.

I'm currently using revision 26487 but, I have have experienced this issue on all the builds I have installed.
I noticed the White picture but with my computer its really fast even with 3 visual studio open and 2 monitor. Never taking up to 1 sec. I thing this is the direct3d surface that is being showed while its waiting for the renderer to put something on it. I think ill just paint it black. Or even better put a text in big letter
Code:
DirectShow Is Loading...

- djdafreund - 2010-01-09

ON the subject of VS, i use the latest VS for compiling from svn, but M$ doesn't charge for it. At least when i downloaded it, it was free. I used to use 2003 which back then i paid for, but i don't recall VS2008 costing anything for the home user, or whatever it's called. But nevertheless, what i more mean is, once things are spotless, if it was added to the svn trunk, everybody that already currently builds xbmc will have this now as part of the xbmc build. This would save you a lot of time to build it yourself with this and provide as a separate download. Anyone that doesn't download the offered downloads on the site already is building off of the svn anyway, which as you know is easy as pie. I build almost daily myself, and have been since 4-5 years now.

Either way, i look forward to seeing great progress your doing, and keep up the great work. BTW- totally agree about sticking to an OS your comfortable and familiar with!! Smile

Update-Ah, it's VB2009 i am thinking of, THAT'S what is free, but honestly it works PERFECTLY fine with compiling everything.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-09

djdafreund Wrote:ON the subject of VS, i use the latest VS for compiling from svn, but M$ doesn't charge for it. At least when i downloaded it, it was free. I used to use 2003 which back then i paid for, but i don't recall VS2008 costing anything for the home user, or whatever it's called. But nevertheless, what i more mean is, once things are spotless, if it was added to the svn trunk, everybody that already currently builds xbmc will have this now as part of the xbmc build. This would save you a lot of time to build it yourself with this and provide as a separate download. Anyone that doesn't download the offered downloads on the site already is building off of the svn anyway, which as you know is easy as pie. I build almost daily myself, and have been since 4-5 years now.

Either way, i look forward to seeing great progress your doing, and keep up the great work. BTW- totally agree about sticking to an OS your comfortable and familiar with!! Smile

Update-Ah, it's VB2009 i am thinking of, THAT'S what is free, but honestly it works PERFECTLY fine with compiling everything.

Mfc/atl is only coming with visual studio professionnel 2008, It was a part of the vc 2003 express but they changed the license in the atl mfc for the 2005 or 2008 release

- Background - 2010-01-09

Hi.

I install now Win Vista 64bit and the new last build from tiben20. Videos does not start with DSPlayer, only with the Standard DVDPlayer.

Advancedsetting.xml is changed.

http://pastebin.com/fb1b45be

Its a fresh installed Vista with all needed drivers for the Asus Mainboard with a HD 4200 on board graphic card.

regards

- Background - 2010-01-09

Marbieskarb Wrote:Its something in XBMC 9.11 thats causing the high CPU usage and not with tiben20's player.

I'm wondering if there will be a fix for this. There are a few threads open regarding the high CPU usage. All the ones I've tried don't work well.

I know that tibens player is ok and did not cause the high cpu usage.

My other combination (Asus P5N-D Intel + Intel CPU + ATI 4850) max. 7 % Usage. XBMC itself 0 % !!! 0%

The other (Asus 785g Board with OnBoard HD 4200+ Athlon II) over 50 %.

--> Same Win 7 Ultimate, same ATI 9.12 Drivers etc.

I think that perhaps AMD chipsets cause the problems?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-09

Background Wrote:I know that tibens player is ok and did not cause the high cpu usage.

My other combination (Asus P5N-D Intel + Intel CPU + ATI 4850) max. 7 % Usage. XBMC itself 0 % !!! 0%

The other (Asus 785g Board with OnBoard HD 4200+ Athlon II) over 50 %.

--> Same Win 7 Ultimate, same ATI 9.12 Drivers etc.

I think that perhaps AMD chipsets cause the problems?
Background could you wait until i upload a new version before reporting stuff with all the modification in the player its useless to report old stuff with so much stuff modified. Im only waiting for a comfirmation of someone with vc express who can play a file directly.

- A600 - 2010-01-09

tiben20 Wrote:Im only waiting for a comfirmation of someone with vc express who can play a file directly.

I compiled latest revision with VC Express and, so far, is working flawlessly Smile

- fincheresque - 2010-01-09

Strange, I can compile the main branch without any issues, but I get these two errors when I try to compile the DSPlayer branch. The dxerr.h file is present in C:\program files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)\Include and that directory is listed as an Include directory within VC2008Express. I wasn't going to mention it, but since apparently there are others who can compile, I figured I might as well ask.

Code:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\\include\intsafe.h(115) : warning C4005: 'INTSAFE_E_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW' : macro redefinition
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\comutil.h(65) : see previous definition of 'INTSAFE_E_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW'
..\..\xbmc\cores\dsplayer\DShowUtil/dshowutil.h(59) : warning C4181: qualifier applied to reference type; ignored
..\..\xbmc\cores\dsplayer\DShowUtil/dshowutil.h(61) : warning C4181: qualifier applied to reference type; ignored
..\..\xbmc\cores\DSPlayer\Filters\VMR9AllocatorPresenter.cpp(35) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dxerr.h': No such file or directory
and
Code:
DsRenderer.cpp
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\\include\intsafe.h(115) : warning C4005: 'INTSAFE_E_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW' : macro redefinition
        C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include\comutil.h(65) : see previous definition of 'INTSAFE_E_ARITHMETIC_OVERFLOW'
..\..\xbmc\cores\DSPlayer\Filters\DsRenderer.cpp(32) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'dxerr.h': No such file or directory

Full Log: http://pastebin.com/m2e92ac10

- A600 - 2010-01-09

nathanjones Wrote:Strange, I can compile the main branch without any issues, but I get these two errors when I try to compile the DSPlayer branch. The dxerr.h file is present in C:\program files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)\Include and that directory is listed as an Include directory within VC2008Express. I wasn't going to mention it, but since apparently there are others who can compile, I figured I might as well ask.

I have no problems with Microsoft DirectX SDK (November 2008).

- fincheresque - 2010-01-09

Ah, good call. I had only used the 2004 one because when I originally started compiling the main branch, that's the version in the instructions, and I didn't want to deviate. (still muddling my way through all this fun coding stuff)

I'll update and see what happens. Thanks for the quick response.

Edit: In retrospect, it probably should have dawned on me that perhaps using a 2004 SDK for a technology (EVR/DXVA2) that probably didn't even exist in 2004 may have been a bad choice. I am an idiot. Mods, feel free to delete the last few posts of mine once people have had the chance to see me admitting that I'm a dolt.

- sergiocos - 2010-01-09

A600 Wrote:I compiled latest revision with VC Express and, so far, is working flawlessly Smile
If any of you (more experimented) members achieve any success compiling the new builds, maybe you care to share the build(s) with us. Especially when dsplayer works flawlessly in your compiled build. Thanks!