Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

tiben20:

Hi.
You mentioned my SAF work here
I just noticed you project and i im saying "good work" (i am using XBMC in my HTPC over 1 year now)
Will try it imidietly when i got some free time to test.

As an author of SAF i will add support for XBMC too as soon as possible if there will be anything i can do.

BTW, can you update link to latest build on firs page?

Thanks.

PS: There shouldnot be limitation when using DXVA + ReClock, problem is ReClock + Audio passthrough...

HOBORG

- tiben20 - 2009-11-20

buzzqw Wrote:it will be a show stopper for all vista and seven users...

why not using the default xbmc player if dxva isn't available ?

BHH
You really dont know what your talking about i spent over 300 hours on this project already if its not more than that. Im only saying right now the player is not going to use dxva on vista and win 7 platform so dont ask why its not working for you. If someone really want it try to implement the evr allocator presenter into xbmc but good luck this is much more complex than it sounds.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-20

hoborg Wrote:tiben20:

Hi.
You mentioned my SAF work here
I just noticed you project and i im saying "good work"
Will try it imidietly when i got some free time to test.

As an author of SAF i will add support for XBMC too as soon as possible if there will be anything i can do.

BTW, can you update link to latest build on firs page?

Thanks.

PS: There shouldnot be limitation when using DXVA + ReClock, problem is ReClock + Audio passhtough...

HOBORG

You dont need to make saf support for xbmc everything is already built-in. Tongue
But really thank you for the specification about the dxva.
If your developing with microsoft visual studio 2008 or vc express you can build the player https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/dsplayer
You wont need to do any modification to make it compile have fun

- ashlar - 2009-11-20

tiben20 Wrote:You really dont know what your talking about i spent over 300 hours on this project already if its not more than that. Im only saying right now the player is not going to use dxva on vista and win 7 platform so dont ask why its not working for you. If someone really want it try to implement the evr allocator presenter into xbmc but good luck this is much more complex than it sounds.
To everybody I suggest being more... "gracious" with comments on tiben's work. As mentioned here, he's already spent an unordinate amount of time for the benefit of the whole community.
Anyone with a modicum of sense can understand without too much effort that tiben can't be happy with no DXVA support under Vista and 7. But time is needed and probably help too. You can't expect that a single guy can have this work perfectly in a couple of weeks of work.

To give you an idea, the support/development thread of MPC-HC on Doom9 has currently 10,592 messages and the player is still not *perfect*. Cut tiben some slack, please. Nod

- xbs08 - 2009-11-20

You should be more thankful.

tiben20 work and efforts are amazing!

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

tiben20 Wrote:You dont need to make saf support for xbmc everything is already built-in. Tongue
But really thank you for the specification about the dxva.
If your developing with microsoft visual studio 2008 or vc express you can build the player https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/dsplayer
You wont need to do any modification to make it compile have fun

Thanks for info, i tought it ask directshow to play video.

- buzzqw - 2009-11-20

tiben20 Wrote:You really dont know what your talking about i spent over 300 hours on this project already if its not more than that. Im only saying right now the player is not going to use dxva on vista and win 7 platform so dont ask why its not working for you. If someone really want it try to implement the evr allocator presenter into xbmc but good luck this is much more complex than it sounds.

my comment was misunderstood.
for sure DSPlayer is a great thing (my kudos for this project!).

A DSS based player has advantages respect a ffplay/mplayer player, like possibility to configure post processing and access a framework like avisynth or several renderer
and ..btw i will not instally any codec packs on my htpc, i want to be sure and know every filters present on my system (win7)

from users perspective a ffmpeg player is "secure" and not to worry about merit,registers,splitters... and so on

the key to select a dss based player, imho, is the possibility to use dxva so cpu isn't more a bottleneck (like many and more atom/ion system)

that's why i am "surprised" that it don't use already custom evr.

By no mean i want to be offensive, just honestly surprised about this.

BHH

- tiben20 - 2009-11-20

hoborg Wrote:Thanks for info, i tought it ask directshow to play video.
The way i made it. If your familiar with mpc-hc its using the samw way mpc-hc loading external filter without the directshow registration from a xml configuration so the user dont have to do anything to get it working. When i will implement the evr renderer i will force vista and win7 platorm to use evr when playing files

buzzqw Wrote:my comment was misunderstood.
for sure DSPlayer is a great thing (my kudos for this project!).

A DSS based player has advantages respect a ffplay/mplayer player, like possibility to configure post processing and access a framework like avisynth or several renderer
and ..btw i will not instally any codec packs on my htpc, i want to be sure and know every filters present on my system (win7)

from users perspective a ffmpeg player is "secure" and not to worry about merit,registers,splitters... and so on

the key to select a dss based player, imho, is the possibility to use dxva so cpu isn't more a bottleneck (like many and more atom/ion system)
that's why i am "surprised" that it don't use already custom evr.
By no mean i want to be offensive, just honestly surprised about this.

BHH
Its also secure nothing is registered with this player not a single filter. For the rendering stuff its really complex xbmc dont use a simple window to render stuff like everyother i really need a direct3d surface to output the pictures. Only the vmr9 have a simple d3d surface output

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

tiben20 Wrote:The way i made it. If your familiar with mpc-hc its using the samw way mpc-hc loading external filter without the directshow registration from a xml configuration so the user dont have to do anything to get it working. When i will implement the evr renderer i will force vista and win7 platorm to use evr when playing files

I hnown MPC-HC very well, SAF is based on it.

EDIT:

I just installed "XBMCSetup-Rev24712-dx.exe", but what i need to do to enable this "DSPlayer" Eek ?

- ashlar - 2009-11-20

hoborg Wrote:I hnown MPC-HC very well, SAF is based on it.

EDIT:

I just installed "XBMCSetup-Rev24712-dx.exe", but what i need to do to enable this "DSPlayer" Eek ?
If using with a mouse, right-click on a video and select the "Play using..." item. Then select DSplayer in the following menu.

- Hitcher - 2009-11-20

Excuse the ignorance but this doesn't require anything else to be installed does it? Only when I try to play a video the screen just goes white.

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

ashlar Wrote:If using with a mouse, right-click on a video and select the "Play using..." item. Then select DSplayer in the following menu.

Thanks.

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

tiben20 Wrote:The way i made it. If your familiar with mpc-hc its using the samw way mpc-hc loading external filter without the directshow registration from a xml configuration so the user dont have to do anything to get it working. When i will implement the evr renderer i will force vista and win7 platorm to use evr when playing files

Just tested and XBMC is using splitters/decoders installed by SAF (expect MPC audio decoder) Smile (and that is good i think)

NOTE: i do not use MPA audio decoder, becouse of problems with passthrough.

- tiben20 - 2009-11-20

hoborg Wrote:Just tested and XBMC is using decoders installed by SAF Smile (and that is good i think)

unregister every of those filters and retry Tongue
If they are not registered they will still work you can also edit the file
system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
<rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
change audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/ to audiodec="ffdaudiodec"

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

tiben20 Wrote:unregister every of those filters and retry Tongue
If they are not registered they will still work you can also edit the file
system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
<rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
change audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/ to audiodec="ffdaudiodec"

No need to do it all is working just fine Smile
Hm, maybe there could be option to use internal decoders/leave it to system decoders...

BTW, if you really want to integrate all splitters and decoder in to XBMC, then i wish you best luck, i spend ~1 year to do it on my SAF project. MPC decoders are great, but not allmighty. Some video/audio formats are not supported, somethink do not work correctly, etc, etc...