Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- buzzqw - 2010-01-14

vlc has a dxva patch ? wow that's a good news

and if the standard DVDPlayer get dxva would be more then a good newsSmile

so it will work with adjust refresh rate ?

thanks Tiben20!

BHH

- DrMedia - 2010-01-14

Quote:Windows 7 is totaly broken im only going to be able to code this weekend, im working all week. But even this week end im might be working on the dxva integration in dvdplayer. The difference from boxee i wont take it from mpc-hc ill go with the vlc patch which is amazingly more clean.

Thanks for all your efforts, im sure its well appreciated by everyone.. best of luck!!!!!

I would imagine trying to integrate the patch into the proprietry media player in xbmc would be a cleaner solution all round... lol.. not that I really know what Im talking about!!!!! Wish I had some programming skills!!!! or at least more than half a brain cell, at least 2 half brain cells could rub together!!!

- wismerhull - 2010-01-14

Hi Tiben,
Great work on this, I'm using a asrock ion 330 with windows xp and is getting a very wired error Smile

When I use DSPlayer to play 720p series like SGU, I'm having not problem, but when I use DSPlayer for 720p movies, its not working.

When I use DVDplyer for 720p movies its working, but now the series is not working... Sad

Any one else have this issue ?

- XiniX88 - 2010-01-14

wismerhull Wrote:Hi Tiben,
Great work on this, I'm using a asrock ion 330 with windows xp and is getting a very wired error Smile

When I use DSPlayer to play 720p series like SGU, I'm having not problem, but when I use DSPlayer for 720p movies, its not working.

When I use DVDplyer for 720p movies its working, but now the series is not working... Sad

Why not use the linux version of XBMC which has support for VDPAU (hardware acceleration)?!

/Video Plugins/ "Path not found or invalid" after clean install - Lucky David - 2010-01-14

OK, long time...first time...

Anyway, yet another who would like to wish my NewBestFriend Tiben20 the best of health for his continued progress on this tremendous coding voyage.

Who would have known that I would have become so reliant on a butcher for my HTPC. An /Australian/ butcher at that, too ;-)

Anyway, my question is this - I posted this this morning on the main [Windows] section, but no luck so far, and upon reflection it may be a Tiben-26269-dx version glitch, so I thought I'd post it here in case anyone here has encountered this?

From http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67302

After a clean reinstall (using REVO Uninstaller to guarantee this) of XBMC r. 26269-dx (DXVA DSPlayer branch version), I am encountering a 'Path not found or invalid' error when trying to access the Video Plugin directory.

The error occurs 2 ways:

1. when I've installed a video plugin via the SVN Repo, I get the error described above

2. when, after another fresh install, I try to manually add a plugin by putting one (iPlayer) in the C:\Users\Redmond\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\plugins\vide o directory, I am unable to locate the "Video plugins" directory in the "browse for new share" screen. Video playlists and Windows network (SMB) are there, but nothing in between.

http://pastebin.com/m584b71c3 errors thrown up around lines 616-618:

#
10:13:34 T:192 M:1692708864 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory : Access violation at 0x77118c39: Writing location 0x00000014
#
10:13:34 T:192 M:1692708864 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://video/
#
10:13:34 T:192 M:1692708864 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://video/) failed

Is it that plugin://video is not being set correctly during installation? Can I manually set it afterwards?

System: Windows 7 x64 Revo ION, logged on as administrator.

Halp!

- >>X<< - 2010-01-14

wismerhull Wrote:Hi Tiben,

Maybe your movies aren't encoded correctly try mpc-hc see if you get the same problem if you don't try another build, I'm using the one below in xp without any problems on an asrock ion

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=464714&postcount=750

XiniX88 Wrote:Why not use the linux version of XBMC which has support for VDPAU (hardware acceleration)?!

Probably because he wants to use windows like everyone else in this thread Rolleyes

- Pix - 2010-01-14

XiniX88 Wrote:Why not use the linux version of XBMC which has support for VDPAU (hardware acceleration)?!

Non everyone has NVIDIA card.

- Therms - 2010-01-14

tiben20 Wrote:Windows 7 is totaly broken im only going to be able to code this weekend, im working all week. But even this week end im might be working on the dxva integration in dvdplayer. The difference from boxee i wont take it from mpc-hc ill go with the vlc patch which is amazingly more clean.

I don't quite understand what you're saying here, and I'm only asking this because I'm curious...

If I understand correctly, you're going to work on porting boxee's DXVA integration into dvdplayer?

What I'm curious about is how boxee got DXVA acceleration to begin with. Did they code their own implementation from scratch, or are you saying they used code from VLC?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-14

Therms Wrote:I don't quite understand what you're saying here, and I'm only asking this because I'm curious...

If I understand correctly, you're going to work on porting boxee's DXVA integration into dvdplayer?

What I'm curious about is how boxee got DXVA acceleration to begin with. Did they code their own implementation from scratch, or are you saying they used code from VLC?
Well i started to look at boxee dxva and i really dont like the way they did it and i noticed the same day that vlc added support for dxva. Currently the boxee dxva is using some tweaked class from mpc-hc decoder. Vlc not only added the support of dxva2 into their player they also created a patch to integrate dxva2 into ffmpeg. So bottom line im going for the vlc way which look really more professionnal integration into xbmc. Its really going to look like vdpau which is loaded.

- elupus - 2010-01-14

tiben:
STOP.. Smile, i've already started working on the vlc way. That said, you are free to help out when i get abit further along.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-01-14

tiben20 Wrote:Well i started to look at boxee dxva and i really dont like the way they did it and i noticed the same day that vlc added support for dxva. Currently the boxee dxva is using some tweaked class from mpc-hc decoder. Vlc not only added the support of dxva2 into their player they also created a patch to integrate dxva2 into ffmpeg. So bottom line im going for the vlc way which look really more professionnal integration into xbmc. Its really going to look like vdpau which is loaded.

Droooool!

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

You're the king, man!

-Pr.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-01-14

Vinny Wrote:First of all, thanks for the awsome work on this player. You gave me the will to buy a video decoding GPU Wink

I'm just coming back from a test of this "new" gpu of mine, a HD 3650, using DSPlayer. Some of my movies are working perfect now, really smoothy thanks to the DSPlayer. But on the other hand, some of my h.264 moving are just not working at all with dsplayer. I read somewhere that the encoding has to fit GPU decoding standards, maybe those movies don't.

But, what exactly should happen when DXVA is just not capable of decoding the stream, is the dsplayer detecting it and switching back to software decoding ? Because I just get a scrambled screen, with no movement what so ever. Only the OSD and sound working well. There's just one of my h264 movies which still plays in software mode automatically.
Sorry if someone already came up with this issue, but the thread is just to gigantic to find it Sad

Edit : I'm trying to reencode one of the non-working video using DXVA compliant parameters, so I assume I'll be fixed when it's done !

ATI Cards (and Intel GPU's too, I believe) can only decode h.264 @ L4.1 profile maximum in hardware. Nvidia can decode L5.1 (more reference frames, higher bitrate). See the following for more detail:

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1078122&postcount=1

You can check the encoding profile and other specs with MediaInfo:

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en

As you suspect, you'll probably find that your non-DXVA playable files are likely L5.1 profile 1080p (L5.1 720p files will be fine because the profile limitation is actually a function of reference frames as related to the overall resolution, explained in more detail on the Doom9 ref. above).

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

- moviebuff - 2010-01-14

Hi all one question , does the dsplayer support ISO files? All of my dvd rips are in iso format. Was also wondering if the dsplayer will imporve the picture or jus the performance of the video?

- ncnmra - 2010-01-14

moviebuff Wrote:Hi all one question , does the dsplayer support ISO files? All of my dvd rips are in iso format. Was also wondering if the dsplayer will imporve the picture or jus the performance of the video?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but dsplayer only adds HW acceleration to h.264 and VC-1 encoded media, therefore in the case of a DVD rip, it would continue to function the same as DVD player??

- christoofar - 2010-01-14

elupus Wrote:tiben:
STOP.. Smile, i've already started working on the vlc way. That said, you are free to help out when i get abit further along.

Just wanted to say...y'all ROCK! Nod