Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- >>X<< - 2010-01-17

ashlar Wrote:Surely not mine. I'm not even sure if I'll ever want to use the DSplayer. I was just bringing to the table another point of view (ie. Windows 7 and Vista are probably more important than XP in the HTPC market, considering they have much to offer, unless you are an XBMC user).

Cheers and no need to get defensive, not with me, believe me! Keep up the good work, always much appreciated. Big Grin

Did I say you started it I wasn't being defensive towards you or anyone else, if people want to trawl through loads of irrelevant stuff to find where things stand with DSPlayer then fine I'm past caring

I shall now disappear Shocked

- dtviewer - 2010-01-17

Just curious about one side effect I get when using Tibens latest build.
With the regular 9.11 builds when I am watching a movie and I click info the screen that pops up shows 'sd' 'mp3' '5.1' '16.9', etc. along with title and thumbnail.
With the Tiben build all I get is '0.0' and title and thumbnail.

Any thoughts on this?

- blinkseb - 2010-01-18

tiben20 Wrote:Just find one coder who want to submit a patch for fixing the evr allocator i wrote. Its only broken since i removed the atl mfc so there a bug somewhere in one of the 5800 lines of codes.

Just look at the code, and I think I've found the bug. With lastest svn revision, on win 7, WMR9 AND EVR work fine.

Here's a link to the diff patch : http://pastebin.com/m140161c2

In two words, the bug was in the COuterEVR constructor, in CoCreateInstance, the field pUnkOuter was set to NULL instead of GetOwner().

I've changed the HD log sentence in CreateOptimalVideoType too (Changed "Setting to HD with Didnt get any frame dimensions on video sample defaulting the MF_MT_YUV_MATRIX to MFVideoTransferMatrix_BT709" to "Setting to HD with MF_MT_YUV_MATRIX to MFVideoTransferMatrix_BT709")

Hope that's will help !

By the way, thanks tiben20 for all the good work !!

Seb

- Mallet21 - 2010-01-18

blinkeb Wrote:Just look at the code, and I think I've found the bug. With lastest svn revision, on win 7, WMR9 AND EVR work fine.

Hope that's will help !

By the way, thanks tiben20 for all the good work !!

Seb

Holy crap, Tiben found some help. Thanks Seb !

- opensauce - 2010-01-19

First off thanks for the player. I have it hooked right up to ffdshow for great video quality. I don't care about dxva(on this machine at least).

My problem is that the icons for filters(like ffdhsow) do not get removed from the system tray when the video is launched. Once xbmc is closed they all go away though.

It would also be nice if the renderer in use was displayed in the debug/codec info also.

- majo2005 - 2010-01-19

You can disable the Icons in the FFDSH
how settings !

- opensauce - 2010-01-19

oh also, is there any way I can use the Haali media renderer instead of vmr9?

Or even better could you accept graph filters instead. That way I can create a filter chain anyway I want.

- opensauce - 2010-01-19

majo2005 Wrote:You can disable the Icons in the FFDSH
how settings !

Yeah, but I use them to see debug info and tweak filters.

- fincheresque - 2010-01-19

Nice! I've got video again in Vista using the most recent SVN and Seb's patch.

- >>X<< - 2010-01-19

opensauce Wrote:oh also, is there any way I can use the Haali media renderer instead of vmr9?

Or even better could you accept graph filters instead. That way I can create a filter chain anyway I want.

Look in the below location for "dsfilterconfig.xml" because you should be able to do most of what you want

C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer

Run Graph Studio to check its using your filters after

- opensauce - 2010-01-19

>>X<<' Wrote:Look in the below location for "dsfilterconfig.xml" because you should be able to do most of what you want

C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer

Run Graph Studio to check its using your filters

Thats how I got ffdshow in there. but in the renderers part it says that its OS specific and there is no option to specify one.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-19

opensauce Wrote:oh also, is there any way I can use the Haali media renderer instead of vmr9?

I wont provide any support for haali media renderer or any others. The only supported filters are always going to be the one rendering to a custom d3d surface which is the evr and vmr9. In simple term if i want the xbmc gui over the video i need those.

PS: Thanks for the patch im committing the patch right away

- opensauce - 2010-01-19

tiben20 Wrote:I wont provide any support for haali media renderer or any others. The only supported filters are always going to be the one rendering to a custom d3d surface which is the evr and vmr9. In simple term if i want the xbmc gui over the video i need those.

I too want the gui. Im having some tearing issues that I don't see when using zoomplayer using the same directshow filters. Only difference is i use haali in ZP. I will try ZP in vmr9 and see if the tearing occurs there.

Im assuming that you will always be using renderless mode in vmr9 too?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-19

opensauce Wrote:I too want the gui. Im having some tearing issues that I don't see when using zoomplayer using the same directshow filters. Only difference is i use haali in ZP. I will try ZP in vmr9 and see if the tearing occurs there.

Im assuming that you will always be using renderless mode in vmr9 too?
Im only able to use this interface for the vmr9 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd390500(VS.85).aspx the output is simply a surface which im able to render the gui over it. Haali, madvr and any others are rendering in a window if you didnt notice you dont have any text like subtitles printed over those renderer.

- Balthazar2k4 - 2010-01-19

I have been following this thread for some time now as I have an ION based HTPC and desperately need DXVA. I have been using previous builds provided by Tiben with moderate success. I noticed that Seb recently discovered a patch to fix the EVR rendering for Win7 and that Tiben has submitted the patch, but what I can't figure out is whether DSplayer is officially apart of the SVN DX builds since Tiben made the code change. The most recent build 26973 does not appear to have DSplayer incorporated. How can I get a newer build with DSPlayer and the newly committed patch? Also, at what point will DSPlayer be officially added to the SVN nightly builds?

Thanks in advance.