Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- spiff - 2009-11-20

my $.02c; your users will be the dullest of the dullest. i for one refuse to answer ANY questions regarding codec packs and all that other windows crap - the main reason we have stayed off the dshow path before. this still applies. no such option please oh please!

- tiben20 - 2009-11-20

hoborg Wrote:No need to do it all is working just fine Smile
Hm, maybe there could be option to use internal decoders/leave it to system decoders...
Actually i just think its a problem with locating the file in monogram graphstudio. I do know how its working and actually the way they locating the filters path is wrong. Im pretty sure you can actually delete the filters in system32 directory while your playing the files. That would show you its not being used at all and its the one in the xbmc directory

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

spiff and tiben20:

I fully understand.
As i wrote - if you really want to integrate all direct show splitters and decoder in to XBMC, then i wish you best luck, i spend ~1 year to do it on my SAF project. MPC decoders are great, but not allmighty. Some video/audio formats are not supported, somethink do not work correctly, etc, etc...

This direct show codecs,splitter, merrits, renderers jungle is a hell

- spiff - 2009-11-20

if
1) h264
2) vc-1
3) (mpeg2 to some extent)

works, it serves its purpose (dxva)

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

spiff Wrote:if
1) h264
2) vc-1 (progresive only interlace is not supported by MPC video decoder)

Yes, 100% agree

You can consider DVD DXVA (lot of troubles, non working navigation when DXVA enabled and EVR in use, etc).

- johoja - 2009-11-20

hoborg Wrote:Yes, 100% agree

You can consider DVD DXVA (lot of troubles, non working navigation when DXVA enabled and EVR in use, etc).

In all honestly you don't even need DXVA to play MPEG2, even the Atom processors can handle it just fine.

- bilbon0bud - 2009-11-20

Hello
I ve just tried the new release.
On XP SP3, 9400GT et Athlon X2 6400 it works fine for local file.
for file over network it doesn't work...
i can post log if you want

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

johoja Wrote:In all honestly you don't even need DXVA to play MPEG2, even the Atom processors can handle it just fine.

That is true.
MPEG DXVA(or NV12 colorspace output) is very usable if you hit interlaced video (LiveTV MPEG-2 stream for example) - realtime software deinterlacing cannot face HW Vector Adaptive deinterlacing.

- ashlar - 2009-11-20

spiff Wrote:my $.02c; your users will be the dullest of the dullest. i for one refuse to answer ANY questions regarding codec packs and all that other windows crap - the main reason we have stayed off the dshow path before. this still applies. no such option please oh please!
I think the right way to do it would be to have built in codecs/splitters/source filters and a built in .xml file with those codecs/splitters/source filters configured.

If one decides to mess with the .xml file he can, to use other codecs, add ffdshow postprocessing or whatever. Bur he won't be entitled to official support from developers (maybe a thread for "advanced codecs" users could be created).

tiben20, it's important that XBMC, unless explicitly told so in the .xml file should not allow other codecs to interfere. Currently I'm not sure if that is the case (as hoborg managed to have audio passed to ffdshow... did hoborg change the xml config file, I don't seem to read it).

- hoborg - 2009-11-20

ashlar Wrote:(as hoborg managed to have audio passed to ffdshow... did hoborg change the xml config file, I don't seem to read it).

No, i didnt change anything.
There is tons of filters that can be autoload by mistake to graph and make videplayback/DXVA "broken" (directvobsub for example).

- tiben20 - 2009-11-20

spiff Wrote:if
1) h264
2) vc-1

Adding support to wmv playback was also a goal of the project

bilbon0bud Wrote:Hello
I did notice that i will take a closer look into it when i have time

- ghizzu - 2009-11-21

bilbon0bud Wrote:Hello
Confirmed. Tried with avi, mp4 and flv net streams, none of them works.
At least with avi, I think this is a directshow splitter problem. AFAIK there's no DS filter capable of playing avi streams (dvdplayer can, like all players based on libavformat). It would be possible to use only the codec part of DS leaving the source and splitter part to dvdplayer?

- tiben20 - 2009-11-22

ghizzu Wrote:Confirmed. Tried with avi, mp4 and flv net streams, none of them works.
At least with avi, I think this is a directshow splitter problem. AFAIK there's no DS filter capable of playing avi streams (dvdplayer can, like all players based on libavformat). It would be possible to use only the codec part of DS leaving the source and splitter part to dvdplayer?

Well actually this is a source filter problems.
Here the latest build http://www.easy-share.com/1908501573/XBMCSetup-Rev24844-dx.exe
Elupus as been really nice with me he did the svn update and fixed some stuff today. So now the player is going to be able to use the library for the network files you can map the your drive or wait until i fix this thing

- xbs08 - 2009-11-22

Anyone having problems with mp4 with the lastest build?
I'm only getting audio.

- Hitcher - 2009-11-22

Again I ask, do I need to install anything else to get this working?

All I get is a blank screen but I did get this appear when trying an AVI file, so does this mean I need ffdshow?

Thanks.