Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- nessus - 2010-01-20

ashlar Wrote:Just chiming in to thank tiben for his continued work on this branch. Cheers!
100+

The 198.731 views on this thread shows the huge interest on the subject.

tiben....thanks a lot for your hard work on this.

Cheers
Nessus

- liquidskin76 - 2010-01-20

@tiben,

I'm sure you already know however there are few things i've noticed...

When the vid is playing, if you return to the XBMC menu, the vid in the currently playing window runs a bit crazy. Also, when hitting pause the vid tends to either skip back or forward back slightly before pausing.

Both cosmetic issues i know, and both understandly most likely way down on the to-do list!

Cheers

- blinkseb - 2010-01-20

omega2k1 Wrote:video playback is working fine for me but my only problem is that i can't select different audio tracks. for example i have 1080p movie that has both english and french audio tracks. but when i play the movie using dsplayer i only get the french track and in the audio menu i can't change it to english. has anyone else had the problem?

Multiple audio tracks don't work with the Matroska "internal" splitter (I assume you speak about mkv). The splitter come from mpc-hc, and it doesn't handle multiple audio tracks, even in mpc-hc. Things work when using Haali as source and splitter, but i've no more image using Haali. I'm currently working on it.

Filters are now correctly loaded from the registry if you don't specify a path, and resources are cleaned better. I should upload a new build soon.

blinkeb Wrote:Filters are now correctly loaded from the registry if you don't specify a path, and resources are cleaned better. I should upload a new build soon.

Hi blinkeb,

So if no codecs are specified in dsfilterconfig.xml, it will fall back to the system setup?

Does this apply to the build you're about to upload or the most current upload?

Thanks!

- blinkseb - 2010-01-20

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi blinkeb,

So if no codecs are specified in dsfilterconfig.xml, it will fall back to the system setup?

Does this apply to the build you're about to upload or the most current upload?

Thanks!

No. You always need to specify codecs in dsfilterconfig.xml. But you can just specify a GUID, the filter path will be automatically find in the registry.

In the most current upload, there's a bug in filter search, corrected now.

Is it possible to specify the use of 2 codecs for say vid decoding... i.e CoreAVC for DXVA and FFDshow raw filters for post processing?

An example... with an external player that's running of the system default, if you have h264 decoding disabled and raw video decoding enabled within ffdshow, normally windows will fall back on the next ds codec merit (say CoreAVC), however also applies the ffdshow raw decoding and any ffdshow post processing.

If not now, maybe for the future?!!

Thanks - sgorveatt - 2010-01-20

Just want to say thanks. Working great for my Acer Revo with W7 32bit.

- AndreStarTrek - 2010-01-20

AndreStarTrek Wrote:Thanks that did help a bit Tongue

I made advancedsettings.xml and put this in

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

I see now that it plays with MPC but it is still slow. I believe that xbmc in not using EVR now. Also no subtitles, a am not sure but I thought I did read that subtitles are working now.

Edit:

Maybe EVR is used, because cpu use is only 35% but I only get about 15 frames and plays in slowmo.

Edit 2:

I now a bit lost I turn "Force Windows Vista and higher default renderer EVR" Off and I now get 24 frames (the film is 24 frames) but sometime it jumps to 30 frames and the cpu is about 18%. It plays fast but not smooth there are lots of hick ups.

Has any one have a solution for my problem? I would love to get this working.

- David602 - 2010-01-20

blinkeb Wrote:No. You always need to specify codecs in dsfilterconfig.xml. But you can just specify a GUID, the filter path will be automatically find in the registry.

In the most current upload, there's a bug in filter search, corrected now.

Are you Sebastiii from Doom9? If so, have you figured out how to do audio bitstreaming with FFDSHOW + DSPlayer?

- Scott R - 2010-01-20

tiben20 Wrote:post a full debug log of xbmc with the .mkv file that you actually having those problem
tiben, I did some more troubleshooting and here's what I discovered...

I was no longer hearing sound on those .mkv files when played through MPC-HC, either! I knew that I had successfully played these files previously with MPC-HC, so my immediate thought/concern was that installing your build of XBMC somehow broke my audio (for .mkv files only - remember that I mentioned previously that my .ts files with audio still played fine).

So then I tried uninstalling XBMC and MPC-HC, and reinstalling just your version of XBMC. Still no sound in your version of XBMC. Then I tried reinstalling MPC-HC and tried playing the .mkv file directly through that. Now I had sound again! So then I fired up XBMC and tried to play the file. No more sound. Sad Then I tried playing it directly through MPC-HC and still no sound! Sad

So it definitely looks like your install is doing something (in my registry?) which is breaking audio not only through XBMC/DSPlayer, but also for MPC-HC. Again, just for .mkv files.

I can post/upload the debug log file if you still think that would help.

- christoofar - 2010-01-20

Scott

Are you using HDMI audio? If so , try reinstalling your HDMI audio driver & see if that helps any. My ASRock's audio would get silenced each time I would install a new build of XBMC. Finally went to AsRock site & found what order the drivers should be installed. So I wipe my PC reinstalled XP again & the drivers to their recommendation, & that seems to have cured it for me. Perhaps your PC is having the same thing?
Just an idea...

- Scott R - 2010-01-20

Yes, I'm using HDMI. But I don't see why playing my first .mkv file through XBMC should be messing with the drivers themselves. Or why reinstalling MPC-HC would (temporarily) fix a driver issue.

- Scott R - 2010-01-20

Scott R Wrote:So it definitely looks like your install is doing something (in my registry?) which is breaking audio not only through XBMC/DSPlayer, but also for MPC-HC. Again, just for .mkv files.
Just to correct/clarify...the problem does not appear to be created during the *install* of XBMC/DSPlayer, but rather the first time I try to play the file with XBMC/DSPlayer. Again, if I install XBMC/DSPlayer, then MPC-HC, the file plays fine through MPC-HC. Then when I try to play the file through XBMC/DSPlayer, sound is gone. Exit XBMC and play the file through MPC-HC and still no sound.

- tiben20 - 2010-01-21

Im currently working on audio stuff i hope ill be able to make some improvements

great - nadspink - 2010-01-21

just got through using the newest version and it runs like a champ. great work