Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2010-01-21

David602 Wrote:Are you Sebastiii from Doom9? If so, have you figured out how to do audio bitstreaming with FFDSHOW + DSPlayer?

No, it's not me.

Good news, multiple audio streams are now handled by dsplayer. It probably need more testing, but it currently works pretty well. Filters have been updated too.

Link to the new build : Link removed
Can someone try to use Haali and tell if he has video output ? It's buggy here.

Anyway, enjoy the new build !

- liquidium - 2010-01-21

Sadmkv files seems to work great on win 7 32bit. wmv hd files are choppy, any reason? First post says wmv is supported.

- Drifty - 2010-01-21

Does the DSPlayer work better in Win 7 32 or 64 bit? I know XBMC is 32bit but if I were to purchase a copy of Win 7. Which one would you recommend?

- jdaustin - 2010-01-21

I'm still new to xbmc and have tried your build. My MKV files now play but i've noticed some horizontal artifacting about 1/3rd down the screen. Any ideas? This is when the default player was changed in the advancedsettings.xml

to only use dsplayer on MKV files, how would need to edit the dsfilterconfig.xml?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-21

liquidium Wrote:Sadmkv files seems to work great on win 7 32bit. wmv hd files are choppy, any reason? First post says wmv is supported.
I didnt wrote wmv-hd

TrueHD and DTS-HD with DSplayer - wireballz - 2010-01-21

How do we use ffdshow in xbmc to TrueHD and DTS-HD Bitstream with DSplayer built in not ext. players settings any info would be great. Smile

Thanks WireBig Grin

- edwinmcdunlap - 2010-01-21

blinkeb Wrote:No, it's not me.

Good news, multiple audio streams are now handled by dsplayer. It probably need more testing, but it currently works pretty well. Filters have been updated too.

Link to the new build : http://gpl

Can someone try to use Haali and tell if he has video output ? It's buggy here.

Anyway, enjoy the new build !

Is this supposed to come with dsplayer built-in? I tried this and video playback was worse than just normal XBMC...

Excellent work Tiben! - Tuckerdude - 2010-01-21

Hey there...I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your continued development of the DSPlayer. I successfully installed the latest build on three different windows 7 machines and they all work really great (including two Acer Revo's). They are all running 1080p silky smooth thanks to your hard work and dedication!

Many thanks!!!

- kjgarrison - 2010-01-21

Does anybody know of a good clear explanation of all the different flavors of GPU offloading that tells what OS is involved, pros, cons for somebody new to it all?

Slightly off topic, but not really too much if it keeps the noobistic questions down ... lol

- omega2k1 - 2010-01-21

with new update i now get double video side by side

- blinkseb - 2010-01-21

edwinmcdunlap Wrote:Is this supposed to come with dsplayer built-in? I tried this and video playback was worse than just normal XBMC...

Yes ... Please provide a debug log !

Quote:with new update i now get double video side by side

Try to change mpcvideodec to ffdvideodec, and tell me if it works.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-01-21

wireballz Wrote:How do we use ffdshow in xbmc to TrueHD and DTS-HD Bitstream with DSplayer built in not ext. players settings any info would be great. Smile

Hi wireballz,

Install latest ffdshow.

Browse to the xbmc program folder, then \system\players\dsplayer\ and open 'dsfilterconfig.xml' in notepad.

Locate the ffdshow reference under <!-- Audio decoders-->. Replace <path>ffdshow.ax</path> with <path>c:\program files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax</path>. (Remember to change 'program files' to 'program files (x86)' if you're on win64!).

Locate <rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/> (near the bottom of dsfilterconfig.xml) and replace audiodec="mpaaudiodec" with audiodec="ffdaudiodec".

DSPlayer should now use the separate installation of ffdshow to decode audio, giving you HD audio bitstreaming!

Cheers

- blinkseb - 2010-01-21

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi wireballz,

Install latest ffdshow.

Browse to the xbmc program folder, then \system\players\dsplayer\ and open 'dsfilterconfig.xml' in notepad.

Locate the ffdshow reference under <!-- Audio decoders-->. Replace <path>ffdshow.ax</path> with <path>c:\program files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax</path>. (Remember to change 'program files' to 'program files (x86)' if you're on win64!).

Locate <rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/> (near the bottom of dsfilterconfig.xml) and replace audiodec="mpaaudiodec" with audiodec="ffdaudiodec".

DSPlayer should now use the separate installation of ffdshow to decode audio, giving you HD audio bitstreaming!

Cheers

You don't need to specify a path. If the GUID is valid and ffdshow is installed, dsplayer will find it automatically Big Grin

- wireballz - 2010-01-21

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi wireballz,

Install latest ffdshow.

Cheers

Thanks Works Great Big Grin

- shirley26 - 2010-01-21

Hello,
I’m sorry for my bad English ,
Im currently using the latest build of xbmc with bs player, everything works great but I can’t get the subtitles working in Hd movies , I have tried a lot of wmv / mkv movies with integrated subtitles or with separate srt files.
Is the anything I need to do to get the subtitles working ?