Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Scott R - 2010-01-23

Does this include the audio changes that tiben was planning to make (which might hopefully fix the mkv audio issues and breaking of audio in MPC-HC that I was experiencing)?

- blinkseb - 2010-01-23

I don't think so, but i might be wrong. The best is to try it Wink

Don't forget you can read svn description here : http://trac.xbmc.org/search?q=tiben20

Last commit details : http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/27090

- pipolas - 2010-01-23

Hello,
First, i'd like to say thank you for your work! It's a very good work!

But, i've got a problem: I can't read any .mkv
When I want to do so, i've got

Quote:00:26:50 T:900 M:1236336640 NOTICE: Successfully loaded C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
00:26:50 T:900 M:1232060416 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Starting this file with dsplayer "C:\full9000benchmark.avi"
00:26:50 T:900 M:1232359424 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter DSplayer: Inserting xbmc source filter for this file "C:\full9000benchmark.avi"
00:26:50 T:900 M:1232355328 NOTICE: CXBMCFileStream::CXBMCFileStream Added xbmc source filter to graph
00:26:51 T:900 M:1232625664 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter
00:26:51 T:900 M:1230954496 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed when inserting filters
00:26:51 T:900 M:1230954496 ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFile failed to start this file with dsplayer C:\full9000benchmark.avi
00:26:51 T:900 M:1230950400 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [C:\full9000benchmark.avi]
00:26:51 T:900 M:1223299072 NOTICE: DSPlayer: waiting for threads to exit

I have the last build.

Thank you for your help. Big Grin

Good night (it's 00h31 in France. Smile )

ps: I haven't got any problem to read them with dvdplayer, vlc, mpc-hc or everything else Smile

- rufrothy - 2010-01-23

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi wireballz,

Install latest ffdshow.

Browse to the xbmc program folder, then \system\players\dsplayer\ and open 'dsfilterconfig.xml' in notepad.

Locate the ffdshow reference under <!-- Audio decoders-->. Replace <path>ffdshow.ax</path> with <path>c:\program files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax</path>. (Remember to change 'program files' to 'program files (x86)' if you're on win64!).

Locate <rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/> (near the bottom of dsfilterconfig.xml) and replace audiodec="mpaaudiodec" with audiodec="ffdaudiodec".

DSPlayer should now use the separate installation of ffdshow to decode audio, giving you HD audio bitstreaming!

Cheers

Thats awesome... Does this work for TS files containing DTS-MA and TrueHD streams or only MKV's.

I guess I find out first hand in about an hour.... Smile

Awesome work guys

Sean

- tiben20 - 2010-01-23

fixed in svn the mpc-hc audio decoder conflict

- liquidskin76 - 2010-01-23

rufrothy Wrote:Thats awesome... Does this work for TS files containing DTS-MA and TrueHD streams or only MKV's.

I guess I find out first hand in about an hour.... Smile

Awesome work guys

Sean

Follow the same instructions however change the audiodec="xxxxxxx" entry under <rule filetypes="ts" instead of <rule filetypes="mkv" to audiodec="ffdaudiodec" and it should!

Cheers

- fincheresque - 2010-01-23

Hello all, I just recompiled with tiben's latest SVN additions (though I did try with previously posted builds too), but I can't seem to switch audio-tracks on any of my MKV's. (ones I've ripped, and ones that others have ripped). I was under the impression this should work, but if I'm mistaken, well, sorry!

The MKV's are either VC-1 or h264 encoded with 5.1 FLAC as the main audio, and DD2.0 as the secondary audio. It's a fresh portable install in an empty directory. No external codec-packs are installed.

Log is here: http://pastebin.com/m2f945d0e

Thanks again all...

- shaitanfree - 2010-01-23

pipolas Wrote:Hello,
First, i'd like to say thank you for your work! It's a very good work!

But, i've got a problem: I can't read any .mkv
When I want to do so, i've got

I have the last build.

Thank you for your help. Big Grin

Good night (it's 00h31 in France. Smile )

ps: I haven't got any problem to read them with dvdplayer, vlc, mpc-hc or everything else Smile

full9000benchmark.avi <- Maybe this is not the original extension. Try renaming the file full9000benchmark.mkv

- tiben20 - 2010-01-23

nathanjones Wrote:Hello all, I just recompiled with tiben's latest SVN additions (though I did try with previously posted builds too), but I can't seem to switch audio-tracks on any of my MKV's. (ones I've ripped, and ones that others have ripped). I was under the impression this should work, but if I'm mistaken, well, sorry!

The MKV's are either VC-1 or h264 encoded with 5.1 FLAC as the main audio, and DD2.0 as the secondary audio. It's a fresh portable install in an empty directory. No external codec-packs are installed.

Log is here: http://pastebin.com/m2f945d0e

Thanks again all...
I dont understand the log
NOTICE: CDSConfig::LoadAudioStreams Audio stream found : Undetermined
but also you have
ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error reading from input stream, B:\Movies\Up (2009)\Up (2009)_BLURAY_FOLDER.mkv
The audio stream selection work with the current trunk of dvdplayer?

Yeah, it works fine with DVD player...here's the weird part, I'm not really sure why it's even mentioning Up (2009) in the log since I was playing A Bug's Life. I didn't even go near that file...which in itself is just a dummy file to get the playercorefactory from my 'real' XBMC installation to launch TMT.

I think what I'll do to clear things up is I'll copy the file locally, set up it's own source, and see if that removes that erroneous Up (2009) message...which, again, I have *no* idea where it's coming from. I'll let you know what I find.

(BTW, yes, I have non-pixar movies in my library, but A Bug's Life is at the top of the list Smile)

OK, here's the updated debug log:
http://pastebin.com/d8d344a3

So, I created a local directory, copied a couple MKV's locally, added it as a source, and re-played the video. I tried a couple other ones after that log file, same thing. Could I have remnants of old codecs screwing something up? Any particular place in the registry I should look to clear out?

- rufrothy - 2010-01-23

liquidskin76 Wrote:Follow the same instructions however change the audiodec="xxxxxxx" entry under <rule filetypes="ts" instead of <rule filetypes="mkv" to audiodec="ffdaudiodec" and it should!

Cheers

Thanks... that works and was able to get the codec to work but I am not getting bitstreaming to work on my acer revo 1600. I get 2 channel PCM.

Audio render is: Nvidia HDMI audio under dsplayer setings and direct sound Nvidia HDMI audio under system audio settings.

Any advice on the proper settings...

Thanks,
Sean

- rufrothy - 2010-01-23

Hi All,

having some trouble getting video acelleration working. originally it looked like I had conflicts with MPC-HC because when I would play a file with DSPlayer under the codec info it was listing MPC-HC non DVXA mode. so i unistalled MPC-HC. I uninstalled XBMC and blew away all settings and manually removed program files\XBMC as well. I had been using portable mode.

rebooted.

re-installed XBMC from scratch......

I can get australia to play ok but anthing else I try appears to be accellerated.

I posted a debug log here:
http://pastebin.org/80717

This log shows Batman Begins followed by Australia.

BB does not work and is very slow.

Australia seems to work fine (This is 2nd in the log)

I also took a few screen shots and can post those if that would help.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your efforts...

Sean

- tiben20 - 2010-01-23

nathanjones Wrote:Yeah, it works fine with DVD player...here's the weird part, I'm not really sure why it's even mentioning Up (2009) in the log since I was playing A Bug's Life. I didn't even go near that file...which in itself is just a dummy file to get the playercorefactory from my 'real' XBMC installation to launch TMT.

I think what I'll do to clear things up is I'll copy the file locally, set up it's own source, and see if that removes that erroneous Up (2009) message...which, again, I have *no* idea where it's coming from. I'll let you know what I find.

(BTW, yes, I have non-pixar movies in my library, but A Bug's Life is at the top of the list Smile)

OK, here's the updated debug log:
http://pastebin.com/d8d344a3

So, I created a local directory, copied a couple MKV's locally, added it as a source, and re-played the video. I tried a couple other ones after that log file, same thing. Could I have remnants of old codecs screwing something up? Any particular place in the registry I should look to clear out?
I dont think it could be related with your codecs or anything on your system. Im suspecting this to be the problem
Quote:CDSConfig::LoadAudioStreams Audio stream found : Undetermined
We litterally introduced a new concept for loading audio streams for directshow. This is far away from the mpc-hc way of doing this. It could be a really specific error related with the audio codec different from the one we had for testing the audio switch. If seb dont do it faster than me i might have some time before the end of the week to fix it.

No, I really think it's something on my system that's causing the grief, and nothing in your code (or maybe it's a combination of both, I don't know). I installed the DSPlayer on my 7 Laptop, and I can select audio tracks there... just not on my Vista machine for some reason...I haven't rebuilt the Vista machine in ages...it could just be something gummed up. I'm not going to waste your time trying to troubleshoot it until I clean it up. If you can think of something on my system that is causing the grief, I'm open to ideas... but otherwise, I won't worry about it here anymore.

I think this:
Quote:CDSConfig::LoadAudioStreams Audio stream found : Undetermined
Is because the stream is a FLAC...maybe it just doesn't recognize and flag flac properly.

Because when I play another file, I get this:
Quote:21:26:27 T:288 M:2474467328 NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
21:26:33 T:3320 M:2473234432 NOTICE: Successfully loaded C:\Program Files\XBMC-DirectShow\system\players\dsplayer\dsfilterconfig.xml
21:26:33 T:3320 M:2473005056 NOTICE: Sucess to create DXVA2CreateDirect3DDeviceManager9
21:26:33 T:3320 M:2471198720 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Starting this file with dsplayer "E:\Media\DSTesting\Moon\Moon.mkv"
21:26:33 T:3320 M:2468335616 NOTICE: CEVRAllocatorPresenter::CreateOptimalVideoType Setting to HD with MF_MT_YUV_MATRIX to MFVideoTransferMatrix_BT709
21:26:33 T:3320 M:2467762176 NOTICE: CDSConfig::GetMpaDec dts and ac3 is now on stereo
21:26:33 T:3320 M:2467762176 NOTICE: CDSConfig::GetMpaDec not SPDIF
21:26:33 T:3320 M:2467749888 NOTICE: CDSConfig::LoadAudioStreams Audio stream found : English, English DTS 5.1 @ 1.5 Mbps
21:26:33 T:3748 M:2443018240 NOTICE: CEVRAllocatorPresenter::CreateOptimalVideoType Setting to HD with MF_MT_YUV_MATRIX to MFVideoTransferMatrix_BT709
21:26:33 T:3748 M:2442592256 NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 @ 23.98 - Full Screen (12)
21:26:52 T:2116 M:2439315456 NOTICE: CEvrScheduler::SchedulerThreadProcPrivate Scheduler terminate
21:26:52 T:2116 M:2439311360 NOTICE: Exit scheduler thread.
21:26:52 T:3320 M:2439413760 NOTICE: CDSPlayer: finished waiting

That one does recognize the track, but still doesn't give me the option to switch.

- blinkseb - 2010-01-23

nathanjones Wrote:No, I really think it's something on my system that's causing the grief, and nothing in your code (or maybe it's a combination of both, I don't know). I installed the DSPlayer on my 7 Laptop, and I can select audio tracks there... just not on my Vista machine for some reason...I haven't rebuilt the Vista machine in ages...it could just be something gummed up. I'm not going to waste your time trying to troubleshoot it until I clean it up. If you can think of something on my system that is causing the grief, I'm open to ideas... but otherwise, I won't worry about it here anymore.

I think this:

Is because the stream is a FLAC...maybe it just doesn't recognize and flag flac properly.

Because when I play another file, I get this:

That one does recognize the track, but still doesn't give me the option to switch.

You can't switch because dsplayer detected only one audio stream, in this case the english one. Have you changed the splitter or are you still using mkvsource / mkvsplitter ?

It would be great if you can provide debug log with the debug option in xbmc activated (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=System_Settings).

The "Undertermined" is not dsplayer related. It's the way the splitter name the output pin. As you said, it's probably du to the FLAC format.

Do you know where I can get mkv files with flac audio track, or other mkv not so usual ?