Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-01-24

blinkeb Wrote:Must have something broken because in mpc, I can't use haali with ffdshow, even with external filters ...
Unless you dont remember i did send you the most recent build of the standalone filters of mpcvideodec. It was connecting but you had some bug related with the image on the renderer. I think we could just set the config on the video filter before connecting the pin this way it would accept the connection instead of just failing on connection.

- blinkseb - 2010-01-24

tiben20 Wrote:Unless you dont remember i did send you the most recent build of the standalone filters of mpcvideodec. It was connecting but you had some bug related with the image on the renderer. I think we could just set the config on the video filter before connecting the pin this way it would accept the connection instead of just failing on connection.

Nevermind, everything works great. It was a problem on my computer. Haali works with ffdshow like a charm Laugh

DSPlayer now supports Haali Smile

PS: I tried last mpcvideodec svn revision (from here: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player-classic-home-cinema-x86-x64/media-player-classic-homecinema-x86-x64-svn-1549.html) and it's still broken (i've got two images output side by side).

- Scott R - 2010-01-24

I just tried the latest DSPlayer build and it's still not where it needs to be for me, but I'd like to hear from other Revo owners who may be having better luck. The audio issue I was having with mkv files is now fixed (thanks tiben!). But I'm having video playback issues, which I would normally describe as tearing. Vertical sync is set to "Always on".

FWIW, I'm hooked to my 1080p LCD TV via HDMI, and have my XP resolution set as 1080p @ 24Hz. The test file was an .mkv rip of Halloween II (so, 24Hz should be right). But I also tried switching my desktop resolution to 60Hz, and then checking off the sync display options within XBMC. When trying to play the file that way, I saw that my TV resolution was getting switched on-the-fly to 24Hz, but got no video at all (only audio).

Separately (and admittedly, off-topic), I decided to try playing DVD .ISO files via XBMC's built-in player again, and that's not working well for me, either. I have poor short-term memory and my wife's watching something on the TV right now, so I can't try it again, but I believe the problem is that I get both tearing and non-smooth playback.

Is anyone here having good success with either of the above on an XP Revo w/1GB of RAM? Both of the above still play great for me via MPC-HC.

- >>X<< - 2010-01-24

Scott R Wrote:I just tried the latest DSPlayer build and it's still not where it needs to be for me, but I'd like to hear from other Revo owners who may be having better luck. The audio issue I was having with mkv files is now fixed (thanks tiben!). But I'm having video playback issues, which I would normally describe as tearing. Vertical sync is set to "Always on".

FWIW, I'm hooked to my 1080p LCD TV via HDMI, and have my XP resolution set as 1080p @ 24Hz. The test file was an .mkv rip of Halloween II (so, 24Hz should be right). But I also tried switching my desktop resolution to 60Hz, and then checking off the sync display options within XBMC. When trying to play the file that way, I saw that my TV resolution was getting switched on-the-fly to 24Hz, but got no video at all (only audio).

Separately (and admittedly, off-topic), I decided to try playing DVD .ISO files via XBMC's built-in player again, and that's not working well for me, either. I have poor short-term memory and my wife's watching something on the TV right now, so I can't try it again, but I believe the problem is that I get both tearing and non-smooth playback.

Is anyone here having good success with either of the above on an XP Revo w/1GB of RAM? Both of the above still play great for me via MPC-HC.

I set up an asrock which is also an Ion and I had to set vsync to always on, both in xbmc and nvidia control panel

You can check vsync is working by going into sys info in xbmc if screen Hz is pretty much the same as desktop its working if not then its not working, or you just wont get tearing

- oldpainless - 2010-01-24

Guys...change control is starting to get a little messy here....Tiben...any joy?

Cheers

K

- christoofar - 2010-01-24

carmenm Wrote:@christoofar: i dont notice anything slower. But i am now using build 27058 so ...
OK, grabbed this build, uninstalled current XBMC, installed this one, much better now.
Thanks

- gorgone - 2010-01-24

latest dsplayer build

XBMCSetup-Rev27111

latest mphc filters build
regard
use only
unless you understand

svn1549x86

Revo 1600 in XP with LPCM over nVidia HDMI? - David602 - 2010-01-24

Using DSPlayer in Windows XP, I'm able to watch 1080p videos silky smooth with only 0%-7% CPU Utilization (3% avg). Nice work!!

The problem I'm having is with the audio - I can't output LPCM or DTS-HD (as DTS core).

Regular AC3/DD bitstream to my receiver just fine
Regular DTS bitstreams to my receiver just fine
I was able to get Dolby True HD to output as bitstream AC3/DD core with FFDSHOW by disabling the codec for TrueHD, unchecking the bitstream for TrueHD and having the AC3/DD bitstream option selected.

However, I can't get DTS-HD MA to output the core, nor can I get any of it to output LPCM. I've tried different combinations and it outputs alot of static.

Has anyone been able to get LPCM working with their REVO or Nvidia HDMI audio in MPC-HC / FFDSHOW or with DSPLAYER + FFDSHOW? If so, what settings did you use?

- Dalidah - 2010-01-24

Scott R Wrote:I just tried the latest DSPlayer build and it's still not where it needs to be for me, but I'd like to hear from other Revo owners who may be having better luck. The audio issue I was having with mkv files is now fixed (thanks tiben!). But I'm having video playback issues, which I would normally describe as tearing. Vertical sync is set to "Always on".

I confirm that ISO files are not playing smooth on my ION 330 setup with last release (with default DVDplayer): they play better on the old xbox.
For what's concerning mkv files with Dsplayer: they play without sound, and, after trying to play a mkv file with DSplayer, if I try to play the same or another mkv with MPC-HC (as external player), video does not play at all but I can hear the audio. Then I must close XBMC in order to be able to play mkvs with video and sound in MPC-HC

- fincheresque - 2010-01-25

OK, using Blinkeb's latest patch/build, I can now see the multiple tracks (yay!). However, in a few cases, when I play them, there is no audio present, and when I try to switch audio, it goes berzerk (hard to explain, video goes flickery-green and very unstable).

The common thread with these is the main FLAC audio track...so I'm assuming that's where the problem lies. Other videos with DD tracks appear to play fine and switch audio fine.

Here's a debug log:
http://pastebin.com/m5404c8ef

Let me know if you need any more info. Thanks again!

- Balthazar2k4 - 2010-01-25

OK, I am going to ask what is probably a dumb question and even possibly answered before, but how do I set the splitter type to Haali so that I can use CoreAVC? I have been fiddling around in the dsfilterconfig, but nothing I have tried works.

Thanks in advance.

- waschbaerbauch - 2010-01-25

Lastest version working great for me on the first view on a Zotac IONITX330 (Win7) with multiple language streams. Cool

Thanks for the great work to all of you! Especially to Tiben20 who started this journey. Really an incredible work you did here!

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

waschbaerbauch Wrote:Lastest version working great for me on the first view on a Zotac IONITX330 (Win7) with multiple language streams. Cool

Thanks for the great work to all of you! Especially to Tiben20 who started this journey. Really an incredible work you did here!
Thanks, it took a lot of time to get it there. Tommorow i have my first day off since Wednesday i think ill do some coding in the xbmc gui settings for configuring filters from there.

- LordMerlin - 2010-01-25

Hello, can you add to your assembly in the setup menu dshowplayer additional menu in which each type of content to choose your decoder? To be able to directly from the menu to change the decoders.

- ashlar - 2010-01-25

LordMerlin Wrote:Hello, can you add to your assembly in the setup menu dshowplayer additional menu in which each type of content to choose your decoder? To be able to directly from the menu to change the decoders.
I think if this will come (and in the long run I trust it will because it makes sense), it will come as a very last addition, when everything else is working perfectly.

Don't forget that, at the moment, this version is not aimed at general users. It's a testing environment. In a testing environment you tend to limit changes until everything works smoothly. Otherwise debugging becomes a nightmare.