Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

ashlar Wrote:I think if this will come (and in the long run I trust it will because it makes sense), it will come as a very last addition, when everything else is working perfectly.

Don't forget that, at the moment, this version is not aimed at general users. It's a testing environment. In a testing environment you tend to limit changes until everything works smoothly. Otherwise debugging becomes a nightmare.
Actually im aiming to what he just asked because if i merge i will have to remove the integrated decoders i have in the player. So only the codecs already registered would work. Or the one you put in the dsplayer folder would be listed i guest. I didnt started it yet but its what im intending to do

- oldpainless - 2010-01-25

Hi Tiben,

Awesome work with the latest build......any luck with that error I posted?

Cheers

K

- Ansyhrrian - 2010-01-25

tiben20 Wrote:Oops. I forgot I was running Win 7N, which didn't have Win media player. I installed the hotfix, and media player is now installed.

However, still having problems.

See pastebin here.

The big problem is pages upon pages (if I let it run) of this error:

Quote:
#
16:56:00 T:3456 M:527331328 DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::OnDeviceReset
#
16:56:00 T:3456 M:527331328 INFO: m_pD3DDevice->Reset failed

Anyone seen this? Is this related to the sound output? The video?

Bumping this. Anyone else seen this error? Suggestions on how to address?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

oldpainless Wrote:Hi Tiben,

Awesome work with the latest build......any luck with that error I posted?

Cheers

K

Ill do that first ill just go back to win xp i was developing under win 7 for a few days

- ashlar - 2010-01-25

tiben20 Wrote:Actually im aiming to what he just asked because if i merge i will have to remove the integrated decoders i have in the player. So only the codecs already registered would work. Or the one you put in the dsplayer folder would be listed i guest. I didnt started it yet but its what im intending to do
Really? You can't include the mpc-hc ones?

Edit: missed the "if I merge" remark. Is this from MPC-HC developers? The specific license?

Edit 2: any idea of how you plan to offer it GUI-wise? A la Zoom Player? A la MPC-HC?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

ashlar Wrote:Really? You can't include the mpc-hc ones?

Edit: missed the "if I merge" remark. Is this from MPC-HC developers? The specific license?

Edit 2: any idea of how you plan to offer it GUI-wise? A la Zoom Player? A la MPC-HC?
The decision come from elupus and i agree , we could do it but adding the mpc-hc source to xbmc only to support a windows specific feature would be kinda pointless. And i agree we can still provide an installation package when xbmc is installing that could be an option.Im not sure in the way im going to add the filters configuration support.I need some suggestion that could make it clean directly from xbmc. Im taking every suggestion possible on how to configure them. I dont really want to use the directshow merit system. I really dont like it.

- >>X<< - 2010-01-25

tiben20 Wrote:The decision come from elupus and i agree , we could do it but adding the mpc-hc source to xbmc only to support a windows specific feature would be kinda pointless. And i agree we can still provide an installation package when xbmc is installing that could be an option.Im not sure in the way im going to add the filters configuration support.I need some suggestion that could make it clean directly from xbmc. Im taking every suggestion possible on how to configure them. I dont really want to use the directshow merit system. I really dont like it.

I understand why you say that about the merit system, but what about the merit system and a blacklist in xbmc so you can rule out those annoying codecs leaving only the ones you want to be used, very easy for people to understand how that works ?

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

>>X<<' Wrote:I understand why you say that about the merit system, but what about the merit system and a blacklist in xbmc so you can rule out those annoying codecs leaving only the ones you want to be used, very easy for people to understand how that works ?
Yeah the blacklist is already in the source of my player, there a lot of behavior for many filters like reclock which need to be removed and reinsterted when you want to start it back. The problem im facing is adding the minimum options in the gui to dont make it confusing.

- ashlar - 2010-01-25

tiben20, you could try and find a free version of ZoomPlayer (actually, here you go: http://download.cnet.com/Zoom-Player-Standard/3000-2139_4-10068896.html) and have a look at how it allowed for custom building filters for different kinds of content. Search for SmartPlay inside the options.

Even MPC-HC has a similar functionality, but it's more tied to the merit system (which, as we all know, leads to potential headaches).

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

ashlar Wrote:tiben20, you could try and find a free version of ZoomPlayer (actually, here you go: http://download.cnet.com/Zoom-Player-Standard/3000-2139_4-10068896.html) and have a look at how it allowed for custom building filters for different kinds of content. Search for SmartPlay inside the options.

Even MPC-HC has a similar functionality, but it's more tied to the merit system (which, as we all know, leads to potential headaches).
there is way too many option in the Zoomplayer configuration. Imagine your settings those options without a mouse, just a mce remote

- ashlar - 2010-01-25

tiben20 Wrote:there is way too many option in the Zoomplayer configuration. Imagine your settings those options without a mouse, just a mce remote
Well, honestly... you could do without the majority of those settings. But the basic concept, allowing the user to select what filters he wants to use for each relevant codec, is good. You could also allow only the major codecs to be configured through the GUI, moving the minor ones to an .xml file.

One you have... h264, vc-1, ac3, dts, xvid, aac... I think you are covering the grand majority of the material available. The rest in a separate configuration file for advanced users.

If this is not the right solution, I'm curious: what exactly did you have in mind? DirectShow filters *are* complicated. You either simplify things by providing an "all in one" solution, like MPC-HC tries to do... otherwise things are bound to be complicated. Am I missing something? Big Grin

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

ashlar Wrote:Well, honestly... you could do without the majority of those settings. But the basic concept, allowing the user to select what filters he wants to use for each relevant codec, is good. You could also allow only the major codecs to be configured through the GUI, moving the minor ones to an .xml file.

One you have... h264, vc-1, ac3, dts, xvid, aac... I think you are covering the grand majority of the material available. The rest in a separate configuration file for advanced users.

If this is not the right solution, I'm curious: what exactly did you have in mind? DirectShow filters *are* complicated. You either simplify things by providing an "all in one" solution, like MPC-HC tries to do... otherwise things are bound to be complicated. Am I missing something? Big Grin
Well the xml part is already done which is for advanced user but now i have to think for beginners so im just asking what i should do for beginners

- oldpainless - 2010-01-25

Tiben,

I work in software too...and just my 2cents, but, exercise strict change control methods....say whats next on the log to be fixed, fix it (beta testers will line up), publish and then on to the next bug...otherwise you will be pulled all over the place (and yes....that includes my winxp issue).

What you guys have done is world class....and we are all soooo close to having a perfect win xbmc app......

Just my 2 cents like I said.

K

- tiben20 - 2010-01-25

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben,

I work in software too...and just my 2cents, but, exercise strict change control methods....say whats next on the log to be fixed, fix it (beta testers will line up), publish and then on to the next bug...otherwise you will be pulled all over the place (and yes....that includes my winxp issue).

What you guys have done is world class....and we are all soooo close to having a perfect win xbmc app......

Just my 2 cents like I said.

K
your problem just be fixed in svn i fixed it 4 hours ago

- ashlar - 2010-01-25

tiben20 Wrote:Well the xml part is already done which is for advanced user but now i have to think for beginners so im just asking what i should do for beginners
Well, I've given my two cents. Now that I think of it, my suggestion is pretty similar to how MediaPortal handles codecs configuration, not that i overall like MP too much, TBH.