Kodi Community Forum
thetvdb is down for now - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: thetvdb is down for now (/showthread.php?tid=61689)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- uv101 - 2009-11-19

Just added the DNS entry and its fixed the missing images.Big Grin

Is this a permanent fixHuh? Static DNS entries will lead to problems should server IP address change later. Hosts and LM hosts files should NOT really be used for internet DNS. Nerd

Does anyone know why the main DNS entry has not been updated or is it just that we are jumping the gun on propogation?

- Superorb - 2009-11-19

uv101 Wrote:is it just that we are jumping the gun on propogation?

This is my guess especially if they had to switch servers for whatever reason. I'm sure you'll just have to remove the host entry once the proper site resolves.

- res0nat0r - 2009-11-19

Yes the most popular series xml is being regenerated first.

Quote:In any case, I've tested a couple of series and they've worked perfectly this time. The number on the reports screen is accurate and once it reaches 0 people should be able to fully use the API. In the meantime series will gradually become available on the API, with the series being updated most recently getting generated first.

http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2302&sid=0c6348aa5e4279c065e3412ad464a7b6

- outleradam - 2009-11-19

man.. I updated at the wrong time.. My battlestar gallactica collection thinks it's from Battlestar Gallactical 1980, when it's the latest 2009 recordings. Hopefully this will all be regenerated soon.

- lotus - 2009-11-19

well it got my stuff (apart from the 1983 version of "v" lol & mr merlin not just merlin) but still no pics/banners etc etc. i read the link 2 posts up and errr didnt understand a word LOL. can anyone confirm its working again with pics and do i just update or have to remove source and re-add to get pics

- locust - 2009-11-19

Not working here either, it finds the showname but then just goes Compressing Library and doesn't pull the episode info.

- DReffects - 2009-11-19

I've got a few popular shows missing as well. For Example Crusade or Firefly Sad

- Superorb - 2009-11-19

lotus Wrote:well it got my stuff (apart from the 1983 version of "v" lol & mr merlin not just merlin) but still no pics/banners etc etc. i read the link 2 posts up and errr didnt understand a word LOL. can anyone confirm its working again with pics and do i just update or have to remove source and re-add to get pics
For Linux, open a terminal ("ALT + F2") or SSH into the Linux box.

Code:
sudo nano /etc/hosts

Paste this info at the bottom of the file.
Code:
67.152.32.114 images.thetvdb.com
Press CTRL + X and then Y and you're set.

For Linux edit /etc/hosts

- uv101 - 2009-11-19

outleradam Wrote:man.. I updated at the wrong time.. My battlestar gallactica collection thinks it's from Battlestar Gallactical 1980, when it's the latest 2009 recordings. Hopefully this will all be regenerated soon.

Mine also does that by default but if you tell it to re-scan the folder, you should be able to select the correct series of BSG then it'll pick up all the correct details.

- ThY91 - 2009-11-19

outleradam Wrote:man.. I updated at the wrong time.. My battlestar gallactica collection thinks it's from Battlestar Gallactical 1980, when it's the latest 2009 recordings. Hopefully this will all be regenerated soon.

Couldn't you add [2009] to the end of either the folder or each episode and it should pick it up the first time you scan it in?

- Superorb - 2009-11-20

uv101 Wrote:Mine also does that by default but if you tell it to re-scan the folder, you should be able to select the correct series of BSG then it'll pick up all the correct details.
You can also select Refresh from the info screen and then apply to entire series.

- harbingerofdoom - 2009-11-20

there is still some weirdness going on with it, but i was able to scrape all tv shows earlier today on two different machines.

the only problems i have run into are shows that i use DVD vs aired order... doesnt seem to matter what i do, im getting the aired order every time.... im guessing that there are still some kinks that kinda need to be worked out of the system still & thats whats going on... but like i said, it worked for me on two different machines today.

- outleradam - 2009-11-20

is anyone getting banners yet? I have DVDs for all my shows except a few, but I can't get the banners for any.

- outleradam - 2009-11-20

Superorb Wrote:You can also select Refresh from the info screen and then apply to entire series.

The origonal problem was that the battlestar gallactica series was not in the database yet. It is now in the database. It has regenerated to that point.

- Superorb - 2009-11-20

Kinda unrelated, but is anyone having a problem with trailers on TMDB scraper?