[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes! - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes! (/showthread.php?tid=61697)
- rossoneri711 - 2010-02-05 19:31
I tried what you said but still no luck.
I think i had it with Ubuntu, its much hustle that just ruins my purpose of relaxing with a movie. Its been 1.5 weeks since i received my asrock and i havent still managed to see a movie.
I am gonna give it a little more try on the weekend and hopefully i will make it work.
Thanks for all you guys help.
- X3lectric - 2010-02-05 19:45
ahhhhh this is why thers shuch as partitioning hdd's one to enjoy one to learn... BTW in linux full desktop all u need is vlc to watch your movies. sure no cir but that can be fixed...
when u say no luck again your being vague which part is no luck the cir drivers or the linux kernel....
and further more there no outputs no logs no anything of what is going on when your trying this... you post no real information to work on... most advanced user wouldn't give you the time of day if no information is provided.
here read this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 why do you think that post was made?
This vague posts dont allow any help to you to be exacted nor from me nor from anyone else as we dont read minds...
be well and enjoy
- osirisjem - 2010-02-07 05:06
X3lectric Wrote:the_alien posted some initial config on the how to setup the lirc Drivers thank you for your post I have refined the method a little.
Thanks for these instructions. They helped me alot !
- X3lectric - 2010-02-07 13:58
Thx for feedback osirisjem
- X3lectric - 2010-02-08 16:57
updated all 3 main posts to reflect all recent changes.
Check my signature if you want to do a good custom install via script tested from early stages privately to bring the Asrock ION users the best experience with less fuss and bug free and myriad of options which make it the best script around... more to come soon on that. Congrats on Public launch andy you worked hard and solid on it whole of last week.
- bog_gob - 2010-02-08 22:43
_ml_ Wrote:X3lectric: Im running a x64 kernel, could this be the problem?Hi ML,
I had the same issue as you. It is due to the Nuvotron driver not being compatable with your version of the linux kernel. This can be worked around as follows:
- Install lirc-nct677x-1.0.0-ubuntu9.10.deb normally (as suggested elsewhere in this thread)
- download the source package for lirc-nct677x
- cd /usr/src && ls -la (to confirm the source is where you expect it)
- dkms add -m lirc-nct677x -v (the rest of the name of the source directory)
- dkms build -m lirc-nct677x -v (the rest of the name of the source directory)
- dkms install -m lirc-nct677x -v (the rest of the name of the source directory)
After this is complete you should have an updated jernel module that will work correctly!!
- X3lectric - 2010-03-17 12:45
no more posts shall be made here and info been removed due to not being up to date.
When such pots become available again it wont be in XBMC forums for 2 reasons.
1) forums are mismanaged and prolly the worst in www.
2) I have full control over contents and can manage posts and comments somewhere other then here.
- ewequeone - 2010-03-17 15:22
Good riddance I say.
If you're going to get sand in your vagina because of an act of nature causing some problems on a forum and go to so much effort to edit your posts to remove valuable information from the community, you are a sad, sad, sad individual.
Please let the door hit you on the way out.
- prae5 - 2010-03-17 17:28
ewequeone Wrote:Good riddance I say.
- everlong - 2010-03-17 17:37
Anyone having trouble playing 50 or 60 fps .mkv's on their ASrock Nettop? Its typical football matches.