Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] My Asrock 330 ION Tweaks, Tips, Tricks, and Fixes! (/showthread.php?tid=61697)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

- azgul - 2009-12-30

Well.. I've got my 330HT-BD set up and all, but can't get the remote working properly. It's like: it works a bit after a reboot, and then it stops working. I can seriously just scroll TV Shows for instance and suddenly it just stops responding.

Any pointer on what I can do to narrow the issue down?

I'm running XBMC Live if it has any say.

- Anastrophe - 2009-12-30

move closer to the receiver?

- azgul - 2009-12-30

Anastrophe Wrote:move closer to the receiver?
Doesn't help at all. Tried doing the irw and it just stops responding after a bit.

- X3lectric - 2009-12-30

@azgul Yes you cant get the proper reading since both acpi and lm-sensors both probing the IO ports at same time which is bad suppoed to be fixed on karmic kernels but like the coretemp.ko it needs a ton of patching done to other modules on kernel. There's many issues with Karmic and this machine however Jaunty has its pitfalls too.

@_ml_ well your driver has some error I never seen before nor can reproduce. sry. Try to re-install the driver or if your like me restore the system to a state before you installed lirc. In XBMCLIve I cant be sure since I havent tryed it with all this, Cant install it have to try the repack, sometime.

@azgul Ah yea remote stops responding for me also, its not the lirc driver since its running. I have to dig into this though I think its a driver issue, I would start to get on the blower to Asrock about it I suspect more ppl will find this with the HT.

The driver is well buggy I can say that much but at least we have something to work with. So get on the Asrock tail ppl please.

http://www.asrock.com/support/tsd.asp

- Guezli - 2009-12-30

azgul Wrote:Well.. I've got my 330HT-BD set up and all, but can't get the remote working properly. It's like: it works a bit after a reboot, and then it stops working. I can seriously just scroll TV Shows for instance and suddenly it just stops responding.

Im having the same problem...
Yesterday everything was working fine. Huh

- azgul - 2009-12-30

Ah, good to know it's not just me shit isn't working for then. I'll throw up a support ticket! (done)

Got a new record :p switched from TV Shows to Movies and it stopped working, haha. (one move!)

X3lectric, do you have some trick which makes it function for you again? It seems really random to me, sometimes it just starts working again after a few minutes of not touching the remote, sometimes it doesn't work till I reboot.

- _ml_ - 2009-12-30

X3lectric: Im running a x64 kernel, could this be the problem?

Runing sudo dpkg -i lirc-nct677x-x64-1.0.1-ubuntu9.10.deb

give this output:
Code:
(Reading database ... 51926 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace lirc-nct677x-x64 1.0.1-ubuntu9.10 (using lirc-nct677x-x64-1                   .0.1-ubuntu9.10.deb) ...
* Stopping execution daemon: irexec                                     [fail]
ERROR: Module lirc_wb677 does not exist in /proc/modules
patching file /usr/share/lirc/lirc.hwdb
Reconfigure lirc
* Reloading kernel event manager...                                     [ OK ]
* Starting execution daemon: irexec                                     [fail]
Unpacking replacement lirc-nct677x-x64 ...
Setting up lirc-nct677x-x64 (1.0.1-ubuntu9.10) ...
Copy patch file...
`/usr/share/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko' -> `/lib/modules/2.6.28-17-generic/kernel/                   ubuntu/lirc/lirc_wb677/lirc_wb677.ko'
/etc/lirc/lircrc existed. append it.
patching file /usr/share/lirc/lirc.hwdb
* Reloading kernel event manager...                                     [ OK ]
* Starting execution daemon: irexec                                     [fail]

Only thing I found out from this output is that the lirc_wb677 module is not loaded correct.

Maybe I need to compile the module from src. Just have to figure out how dkms works first.

- stinkupuss - 2009-12-30

azgul Wrote:Well.. I've got my 330HT-BD set up and all, but can't get the remote working properly. It's like: it works a bit after a reboot, and then it stops working. I can seriously just scroll TV Shows for instance and suddenly it just stops responding.

Try reverting to the your original /usr/share/lirc/remotes/lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677

Each time I added X3's lirc map to /usr/share/lirc/remotes/lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677 I had the problem of remote not responding....so revert to the default and reboot and try again.

The default lircd.conf.wb677 has most of the required buttons working.

- azgul - 2009-12-30

stinkupuss Wrote:Try reverting to the your original /usr/share/lirc/remotes/lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677

Each time I added X3's lirc map to /usr/share/lirc/remotes/lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677 I had the problem of remote not responding....so revert to the default and reboot and try again.

Just tried this and that seemed to do the trick. Which keys did you add/change from the default X3? Maybe there's something wrong with what you made/changed/whatever?

Could scroll through both my libraries without any issues using the original file. I think I'll stick with this for now.

- X3lectric - 2009-12-30

The keymaps thats all the irw resulting keys, if you press each key that the code that it puts out basically to aid in creating other keymaps being used for the unavailable keys. as they also available on default the ones that actually have a function. It works ok here I just found that there's really massive bugs on the CIR drivers causing the CIR to go unresponsive.

I have to tricks yet but to bash it with a hammer.

- azgul - 2009-12-30

X3lectric Wrote:The keymaps thats all the irw resulting keys, if you press each key that the code that it puts out basically to aid in creating other keymaps being used for the unavailable keys. as they also available on default the ones that actually have a function. It works ok here I just found that there's really massive bugs on the CIR drivers causing the CIR to go unresponsive.

I have to tricks yet but to bash it with a hammer.
Odd then, because with the original keymap it hasn't gotten stuck yet. I was in the movies watching Avatar (what an amazing film, go watch it if you haven't!) though so I haven't played a lot around with it. I'll report back..

- Guezli - 2009-12-30

stinkupuss Wrote:Try reverting to the your original /usr/share/lirc/remotes/lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677

It seems to work!! Thanks!
Shutdown, poweron, and the important buttons are working.

- X3lectric - 2009-12-30

mmm I wonder if you guys are using keymaps whatever.xml I am since I have mapped extra buttons that originally have no function to do something in XBMC, there's a topic just below explaining about this. besides you should only use mine if your having issues with what I described before posting it.

Yea Avatar was great specially in the big screen.

- azgul - 2009-12-31

Mhm, didn't have issues at all last night either. Can't really continue complaining to Asrock, they replied pretty quickly as well:

Quote:Dear Sir~
Thank you for contacting ASRock.

We did test the remote controller without problems under Ubuntu 9.10 on our side.
Please kindly check your kernal version or install the latest version of the Ubuntu for testing.

Anyway, as I read your topic you said "Do this ONLY if you need to reconfigure lirc to use the correct driver should yours be wrong! Simply copy & paste this in your terminal. You can always revert back since a backup is automagically created." I think I would've been fine if I hadn't gone past: dpkg-reconfigure lirc

And to answer your question, I'm using the default keymap xml, perhaps that's why it's locking up?

- stinkupuss - 2009-12-31

If noticed that when I browse samba shares my remote starts to freeze up again. It's seems to ben network related. When I SFTP over wireless in either direction the remote stops responding. My wi-fi router is only Wireless-G but i don't understand why network traffic over wireless would interfere with the ASROCK remote. Anyone else have this happen or confirm that it happens on their end?