Kodi Community Forum
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? (/showthread.php?tid=61840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- jkruisselbrink - 2009-12-22

Are you running sabnzbd in the background? When I stop sabnzbd, my remote works fine.

- mudboy - 2009-12-22

jkruisselbrink Wrote:Are you running sabnzbd in the background? When I stop sabnzbd, my remote works fine.

is sabnzbd trying to run on the same port as xbmc's web interface? Not saying that's the problem, its just the only thing i can think of that would conflict.

- Rickard Anderss - 2009-12-22

X3lectric Wrote:Ive already release them here mate 4 posts UP you blind!!!.... you also dont provide ANY information besides the drivers which btw wont work with lirc 0.8.4.
Jesus christ, X3lectric. You need to take a chill pill. generator posted the same info as you 7 posts before you did. "you blind!!!"

- Marvel - 2009-12-22

Rickard Anderss Wrote:Jesus christ, X3lectric. You need to take a chill pill. generator posted the same info as you 7 posts before you did. "you blind!!!"

Well said Rickard i was just gonna post this but you beat me too it. so X3lectric are you BLIND!!!. Sorry but ive found your attitude atrocious through the whole of this thread, you sir need to come down from your high horse.

No power on after installing drivers - PaveloW - 2009-12-22

Here another report after installing the drivers posted here. I tried a clean install of Ubuntu 9.10, and installed the lirc-nct677x-1.0.0-ubuntu9.10 drivers right away.
When now shutdown the ASRock ION 330HT won't startup anymore when pressing the power on button on the remote.

- Glitch - 2009-12-23

PaveloW Wrote:Here another report after installing the drivers posted here. I tried a clean install of Ubuntu 9.10, and installed the lirc-nct677x-1.0.0-ubuntu9.10 drivers right away.
When now shutdown the ASRock ION 330HT won't startup anymore when pressing the power on button on the remote.
Seems to be a wide spread issue, it's the same here. Could someone who received the drivers directly from Nuvoton report that installing the drivers has broken the Onboard CIR Power On. Huh

- nellor - 2009-12-23

Marvel Wrote:Well said Rickard i was just gonna post this but you beat me too it. so X3lectric are you BLIND!!!. Sorry but ive found your attitude atrocious through the whole of this thread, you sir need to come down from your high horse.

Full acknowledge... not only in this thread...

- X3lectric - 2009-12-23

moan moan moan

heres the drivers for 64 bit ubuntu for the CIR module

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmenuiiiewx/lirc-nct677x-x64-1.0.0-ubuntu9.10.deb

I wont take a chill pill I'm trying help you guys here if your able to get sorted without me please do so, I'm sick and tired of trying to help you guys but it seems your more interested in some of the ppl here are a bit ungrateful. I could just instead of posting all the solution for the Asrock ION users just keep it all for myself. BTW I am blind.

If you guys are so repulsed by me and my topics then dont use it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=438274#post438274

Actions speak louder then words....

- seedzero - 2009-12-23

X3lectric Wrote:moan moan moan

heres the drivers for 64 bit ubuntu for the CIR module

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tmenuiiiewx/lirc-nct677x-x64-1.0.0-ubuntu9.10.deb

I wont take a chill pill I'm trying help you guys here if your able to get sorted without me please do so, I'm sick and tired of trying to help you guys but it seems your more interested in some of the ppl here are a bit ungrateful. I could just instead of posting all the solution for the Asrock ION users just keep it all for myself. BTW I am blind.

If you guys are so repulsed by me and my topics then dont use it.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=438274#post438274

Actions speak louder then words....

The help is appreciated I'm sure but the condescending attitude is not. The snide comments and holier than thou mentality is getting annoying.

- mkortstiege - 2009-12-23

Calm down or we will close here.

- andyjayh - 2009-12-23

vdrfan Wrote:Calm down or we will close here.

Well I hope that doesn't happen No

I for one appreciate any help that people can provide with these issues and X3lectric you have been most resourceful and helpful. This is exactly what forums like this are all about, people helping each other to resolve a common problem. I think you need to be mindful of the fact that there are people of all different backgrounds and abilities on here and what may be interpreted as laziness may simply be a lack of confidence within an area they have no experience. It can be quite daunting to start getting under the hood of a Linux system when you don’t even know how to login or run and commands Confused

Blah blah blah, lets all get on with sorting this little ASRock out Nod

- seedzero - 2009-12-23

andyjayh Wrote:Well I hope that doesn't happen No

I for one appreciate any help that people can provide with these issues and X3lectric you have been most resourceful and helpful. This is exactly what forums like this are all about, people helping each other to resolve a common problem. I think you need to be mindful of the fact that there are people of all different backgrounds and abilities on here and what may be interpreted as laziness may simply be a lack of confidence within an area they have no experience. It can be quite daunting to start getting under the hood of a Linux system when you don’t even know how to login or run and commands Confused

Blah blah blah, lets all get on with sorting this little ASRock out Nod

That's pretty much my view as well. Everyone was a "noob" at one point.

Laugh

- FireMan - 2009-12-24

BlueC Wrote:anyone got the sound output working over HDMI on Linux? Did you need to do anything special or did it "just work"?
It works perfect!
But is need to unmute some channels in alsamixer (sudo alsamixer) and point XBMC to pass trough HDMI (settings).

Regards.

- X3lectric - 2009-12-24

redtapemedia Wrote:That's pretty much my view as well. Everyone was a "noob" at one point.

Laugh

Im pretty sure that I have said this somewhere on some post oh wait its on my own topic.

Snip

X3 Wrote:Well I went about doing my own (as one does) with a minimal jaunty install using pretty much all I could get my hands on since though it has relevant info its just not enough to get that its yours feeling and a ton of [b]RTFM yes I have to stress how important research is as well backing up and trying it for yourself as well.[/b]

snip

I really couldn't care less what level of experience anyone is, I'm no guru and my knowledge of Linux is more limited that you may actually think.

However hiding behind the n00b banner, not reading or researching especially if its right in front of your eyes makes me wonder why bother....

But Having said that its not me loosing out on how to fix something as I am actually reading. I follow my own advice as in the quote from my own topic.

- seedzero - 2009-12-24

X3lectric Wrote:I really couldn't care less what level of experience anyone is, I'm no guru and my knowledge of Linux is more limited that you may actually think.

However hiding behind the n00b banner, not reading or researching especially if its right in front of your eyes makes me wonder why bother....

But Having said that its not me loosing out on how to fix something as I am actually reading. I follow my own advice as in the quote from my own topic.

I agree with you on that. Sometimes though it's better to just leave some of the obvious questions hanging instead of resorting to insults. Though I realise it gets annoying to see the same questions asked time and again and I myself have been guilty of some snappy replies too. Anyway, I do appreciate you sharing your configs and I hope we can move forward and get this little nettop singing.