Kodi Community Forum
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? (/showthread.php?tid=61840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- generator - 2009-12-30

Winis Wrote:Don´t know if anyone of you have checked recently, but there is now a linux driver for the remote available at Asrocks homepage.

OMG! Brilliant! Laugh

X3lectric, got anything to say to this guy?Wink

- MusiX - 2009-12-30

Sorry if this is a stupid question but how do I install this IR driver on XBMC Live?

EDIT:
Ok, here's how to do it. Login as root using putty. Then download the driver and install it with the following comand.

dpkg -i FILENAME.deb

Where FILENAME is the name of the driver file.

- andyjayh - 2009-12-30

Winis Wrote:Don´t know if anyone of you have checked recently, but there is now a linux driver for the remote available at Asrocks homepage.

Pretty much what this thread has been about Big Grin Have a scan back through the pages and you will see how guys on here have managed to get the drivers written, released and modified Big Grin

- andyjayh - 2009-12-30

X3lectric Wrote:Maybe something is wrong...

Code:
rmmod [b][color=SeaGreen]lirc_wb677[/color][/b]
        modprobe [color=SeaGreen][b]lirc_wb677[/b][/color]

[color=Red][b]        #remove the comment if the computer automatically sleeps after resume
        #irw & sleep 1; killall irw[/b][/color]
So as you see the green/red part may need in some cases to be modified accordingly if your no longer using the mainline, I'm pretty sure you guys can take it from here there should be somewhere some command you modify again in the red part like the lirc_wb677 line at the beginning.

Hi X3, had made the changes in green already as this is just a lable that is not required with the single driver name we have now. I think you are right that we need some similar to the line in red but what I am not sure. I have been going through the script line by line and reading the wiki to find out what each line is doing. Everything is working as it should but I just don't understand what changes after the first suspend sequence to then bring it out automaticaly thereafter. Something is obviously getting set differently but I don't know what Confused

I have tried the shutdown command from the menu also to rule out the ir and this acts in the same way. So I am a little stuck right now Sad

- robbi - 2009-12-30

Hi,

I've corrected the following line :

Code:
lircDriver=$(dmesg | grep usbcore | grep -i 'lirc' | sed -e "s/.* \(lirc*\)/\1/" | head -n 1)
curl "http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds /xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuilt&Inparameter=LIRC.Stop"

like this:

Code:
lircDriver=[color=green]lirc_wb677[/color]
curl "[color=green]http://127.0.0.1:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=LIRC.Stop[/color]"

The first suspend works. But the others automatically resume.

Any idea of what's going wrong ? Huh

- X3lectric - 2009-12-30

@robbi read up. And you'll see why.

@andyjayh sorry to see your still having problems it's hard to tell what the problem is when setup should be working ok, however the possible issues are that the CIR themselves are buggy I have reported what issues I found in them when remote CIR stops responding, this is true in Karmic Jaunty shares similar issue.

Since I have issues with CIR in this way + I know the drivers still loaded and working it makes me wonder if this could be a driver issue as someone else as already reported same issues. V.1 of the divers dont work v1.0.1 works but stops responding. If I use a USB receiver I have no issues so it has to be driver issues.

Though the drivers are out and about I dont think they up to standard either way I add to my signature the Asrock support link so you guys can complain to asrock to ensure they work on it. I know that the lirc project has now been contacted by nuvoton to integrate it into lirc following the submission of the drivers to project. This can take a while since there are already problems.

Does it work - jaud7of8 - 2009-12-30

andyjayh Wrote:Pretty much what this thread has been about Big Grin Have a scan back through the pages and you will see how guys on here have managed to get the drivers written, released and modified Big Grin

I saw that ASRock had the driver for the remote for Linux last night.
I will be buying either the the Ion 330 Pro with a usb mce remote or the Ion 330 HT. I would prefer the HT, since it seems to have the remote sensor built into the front of the box and therefor I would have less clutter in the media area.

However, has anyone installed the driver to see if it works with Ubuntu 9.10, beyond the resume and suspend functions (changing channels, menus, etc)

- andyjayh - 2009-12-30

X3lectric Wrote:@andyjayh sorry to see your still having problems it's hard to tell what the problem is when setup should be working ok, however the possible issues are that the CIR themselves are buggy I have reported what issues I found in them when remote CIR stops responding, this is true in Karmic Jaunty shares similar issue.

Yep it may well be still a problem with the CIR drivers but I am not sure. Seems strange that it works fine the first time and the only thing that is different is that the resume script has been run. I wonder if it is something to do with how the script turns the driver off and on? The CIR works perfectly even after the auto resume.

To be honest this is a minor niggle for me now as in every other aspect the driver works well. I'm not experiencing the driver stopping responding, now I've done it Laugh Plus reboot time is on 20sec since I replaced the HDD with a SSD Laugh

- prjxbmc - 2009-12-31

oops

- X3lectric - 2009-12-31

andyjayh Wrote:Yep it may well be still a problem with the CIR drivers but I am not sure. Seems strange that it works fine the first time and the only thing that is different is that the resume script has been run. I wonder if it is something to do with how the script turns the driver off and on? The CIR works perfectly even after the auto resume.

To be honest this is a minor niggle for me now as in every other aspect the driver works well. I'm not experiencing the driver stopping responding, now I've done it Laugh Plus reboot time is on 20sec since I replaced the HDD with a SSD Laugh

Guys see my topic for more on the drivers and issues with them furthermore I urge you guys to start firing To Asrock support (see my sig) and pester them until they fix the drivers.

- cloverfield - 2010-01-04

I have a strange problem.

I managed to install the drivers to XBMC/Ubuntu (installed XBMC Live). When I put my AsRock ION 330HT-Bd to Suspend and wake him up by pressing the Power button on the remote, XBMC is quickly coming back, but the remote control isn't working (AT ALL!). I have to reset the system and when it boots back into XBMC the remote works again...

Anyone any idea about what is wrong?

- andyjayh - 2010-01-04

cloverfield Wrote:I have a strange problem.

I managed to install the drivers to XBMC/Ubuntu (installed XBMC Live). When I put my AsRock ION 330HT-Bd to Suspend and wake him up by pressing the Power button on the remote, XBMC is quickly coming back, but the remote control isn't working (AT ALL!). I have to reset the system and when it boots back into XBMC the remote works again...

Anyone any idea about what is wrong?

Have you tried the resume script from the wiki?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Automatic_lirc_resume_script

Subtitle on the remote - axept - 2010-01-04

I got the remote control working by using the driver file from asrocks homepage... And the only thing I wonder about is;

Is there a way to pick a subtitle-file from the remote or do I have to use my mouse Huh?

And if XBMC find a file, how to turn it on by using the remote... ??

Sorry my bad english......
Rolleyes

- katossi - 2010-01-05

I have got my remote to work but surprisingly I get many key presses when I press a button.

Is there any way to control this behaviour?

After the installation my /etc/lirc/lircd.cond only includes this line:

Code:
include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/lirc_wb677/lircd.conf.wb677"

Is it OK?

- a_moron - 2010-01-05

katossi Wrote:I have got my remote to work but surprisingly I get many key presses when I press a button.

Is there any way to control this behaviour?
This I also would like to know how to fix?
It's like having the remote on superfast autorepeat, one touch and it sends the same key atleast twice or more, I have to just tap the buttons really really fast to be able to use it Sad

Edit: And thanks X3lectric for the small guide, I guess there is a updated one somewhere now?, since the files in the .zip isn't the same..