Kodi Community Forum
ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: ASRock ION 330HT (2nd gen) - built-in IR, which lirc driver? (/showthread.php?tid=61840)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- Phorte - 2010-11-06

good to hear. since 9.11, ive gotten used to living without suspend/resume and just power down my ion330ht everytime.

with dharma beta 4, did you get audio over HDMI working? i cant seem to get it working... was fine on 9.11.

- Phorte - 2010-11-06

nevermind worked it out...

got it working in 10.04 (with yavdr stable xbmc) - macmenco - 2010-11-14

After trying so much, I finaly got it working. Thought I'ld share it with you.
The drivers supplied from Asrock work for me, with only one catch. Remove the lirc_dev from /lib/modules/<version>/updates/dkms. After that, the src and driver work fine. (For me at last).

(Would attach the logging of tha last succesfull install, but how to attach a log)

- FishOil - 2010-11-14

Quote:if you have done a sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and broke your remote like I did!

Ha...ha...ha....yet another one for FireMan lol

- FireMan - 2010-11-14

FishOil Wrote:Ha...ha...ha....yet another one for FireMan lol

Yea, but I fixed. And, if I not capable to fix my sytem (like some usres that prefer keep the system out dated), the important thinkg is that I do have backups.
And, thanks to the update, the WiFi is now stable!

You love me, didn't you? This flaming posts from you are geting out date Wink
I told you: keep backups, update your system and be happy.

Cheers.

- FishOil - 2010-11-15

FireMan Wrote:Yea, but I fixed. And, if I not capable to fix my sytem (like some usres that prefer keep the system out dated), the important thinkg is that I do have backups.
And, thanks to the update, the WiFi is now stable!

You love me, didn't you? This flaming posts from you are geting out date Wink
I told you: keep backups, update your system and be happy.

Cheers.

You seem to think I am the one with problems. On the contrary grasshopper, I have no problem in this regard because I dont blindly update unimportant things that can break your XBMC install. You just keep blindly installing worthless things and restoring your system with your wonderful backups.

The only thing I would ask is a beginer linux user (and I use that term very loosely) such as yourself quit passing off your information like you have a clue.

We all make mistakes but to intentionally or consistently unintentionally mislead people with bad advice is not a headache we need.

Attn NOOBS (fireman)

When trying to update XBMC

If you do a apt-get upgrade

or

apt-get dist-upgrade

Be prepared to quite possibly fix broke shit.

After enabling the required sources or ppa the safer method is

apt-get install xbmc

Then be selective on what else you think needs updated if anything

- FireMan - 2010-11-15

FishOil Wrote:You seem to think I am the one with problems. On the contrary grasshopper, I have no problem in this regard because I dont blindly update unimportant things that can break your XBMC install. You just keep blindly installing worthless things and restoring your system with your wonderful backups.

The only thing I would ask is a beginer linux user (and I use that term very loosely) such as yourself quit passing off your information like you have a clue.

We all make mistakes but to intentionally or consistently unintentionally mislead people with bad advice is not a headache we need.

Attn NOOBS (fireman)

When trying to update XBMC

If you do a apt-get upgrade

or

apt-get dist-upgrade

Be prepared to quite possibly fix broke shit.

After enabling the required sources or ppa the safer method is

apt-get install xbmc

Then be selective on what else you think needs updated if anything

Now I'm sure: you do love me Wink

Do you have ANY contribution to this topic (just to remind you: it is related to the Nuvoton's IR driver), or you only object here is flame?

Grow up! You are acting like a 10 years old child.

Cheers.

- FishOil - 2010-11-15

Yeah, I just chimed in to point out the error of your ways once again with a good example about UPGRADE.

IT CAN BREAK SHIT

lol

- FireMan - 2010-11-15

FishOil Wrote:Yeah, I just chimed in to point out the error of your ways once again with a good example about UPGRADE.

IT CAN BREAK SHIT

lol

Of course, let the system outdated is a GREAT idea. LoL Rolleyes

Buy a license from Acronis instead of left everything outdate. Use it before every update.

Why do you thing the new software are bad and the old ones are good? That is not a very smart assumption...

Cheers.

EDIT: in time, start a tread to talk about the "evil" behind the updated software and quit these annoying off topic and flame behavior!

- FishOil - 2010-11-15

We're talking about XBMC not your dads banking PC.

Ok, You win!:p

I promise (maybe not) not to flame you when you give advice that you know will fuck them up and break their XBMC install.

Flame mode off

- generator - 2010-11-24

I just broke my IR remote by updating the kernel. Now I'm looking for a way to get things working again (kernel independent, I really don't want to go through this again after a kernel update)

How can I get this working on Lucid? I've tried some options mentioned here but I keep getting stuck at some point.

- Dagur - 2010-11-24

ASRock have released a driver for Maverick.

http://www.asrock.com/nettop/download.asp?Model=ION%20330HT&o=Linux

- macmenco - 2010-11-26

- Remove the lirc_dev.ko (again) from current dkms kernel modules (/lib/modules/<version>/updates/dkms/lib_dev.ko
- Run depmod -a
- Reboot
Worked for me. (10.04)

- generator - 2010-11-26

Thx for your help, but I'm not sure if that would work. I've only installed the drivers directly from the Asrock site. So step one doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe you can help me a bit more. (I haven't been using Linux that long).

- Subbeh - 2010-12-01

I was stupid enough to update my kernel to 2.6.32-26 today. I should have known that the lirc driver don't work anymore with this remote. Has anyone else done this and got their remote working again? I would highly appreciate any tips!