Kodi Community Forum
The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: The colors thread (show us your color themes) [Alaska only] (/showthread.php?tid=62705)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Smenus - 2010-01-29

Hey guys, awesome themes (awesome skin of course)!

Just a quick bug report for the Rialto theme, which I think it down to Sir Hitcher's latest commit, as it's the codec and studio images that are slightly messed up.

As you can see in the screenie, they're a different colour to the other flags. A quick fix?

Edit:
Actually took the time to look at the commit; the fix is below.

Add the following to the xml, within the flags section. The "FlagText" and "FlagText2" are now deprecated.
Code:
<color name="CodecDiffuse">FF261E1B</color>
    <color name="StudioDiffuse">FF261E1B</color>
    <color name="FlagText">FF261E1B</color>

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-29

Smenus Wrote:Hey guys, awesome themes (awesome skin of course)!

Just a quick bug report for the Rialto theme, which I think it down to Sir Hitcher's latest commit, as it's the codec and studio images that are slightly messed up.

As you can see in the screenie, they're a different colour to the other flags. A quick fix?

Edit:
Actually took the time to look at the commit; the fix is below.

Add the following to the xml, within the flags section. The "FlagText" and "FlagText2" are now deprecated.
Code:
I suspected as much after noticing in your screenshot that the Year and Rating were also different from my original. I'll incorporate these changes along with the other new colors (ArrowFilterColor & ProgressFilterColor), and will also tinker with the background to improve text readability for those having issues.

One question regarding the new flag colors actually, is it really the case that all flag text is now the same color (FlagText?) I'd like to keep year & rating dark brown but lighten resolution & aspect ratio since they're placed over the darker FlagDiffuse. Seems odd that they would be the same since one appears over FlagDiffuse and the other appears over the background colors, but I can't confirm at the moment.

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-29

fostewi Wrote:Juanflaco...just wanted to thank you for this excellent theme. Although I like having the sub-menus in Home Style 1, I can not resist Home Style 2 because the vintage icons look so nice, especially with the wallpaper.

I too am having a little difficulty with the back text on the wallpaper though the readability varies depending on the display mode I have my TV set too (which I change often anyway depending on the room lighting and what I am watching anyway). Not sure if this would help a little but how would I try to lighten the wallpaper a little bit (if even possible). Thanks!

If you wanted to keep the icons and color scheme, but tweak the background a bit, do the following:

1. Download the wallpaper and adjust the opacity down a bit (it's currently about 50% transparent.) Gimp is a great (free) image editing app if you don't already have one.

2. Save your new, lighter background as ../Alaska/media/Backdrops/filter.png

3. Download the hi res vintage icons and replace the default ones in ../Alaska/media/homeicons

4. Run Alaska with the default theme and Rialto colors. It will pick up your new background image and whatever icons you've designated for home 2 (if you choose.)

Hope that helps!

- Juanflaco - 2010-01-30

Juanflaco Wrote:One question regarding the new flag colors actually, is it really the case that all flag text is now the same color (FlagText?) I'd like to keep year & rating dark brown but lighten resolution & aspect ratio since they're placed over the darker FlagDiffuse. Seems odd that they would be the same since one appears over FlagDiffuse and the other appears over the background colors, but I can't confirm at the moment.
Just had a look - excellent work as always, Hitcher!

The second flag text is no longer required because the background now shows through newly created frame images, which is what I was trying to simulate with my original color scheme Smile

Smenus' suggestion will provide exactly what I was aiming for with the flag colors...

Code:
    <color name="FlagDiffuse">FF261E1B</color>
    <color name="StarRatingDiffuse">FF660D00</color>

- MrTourettes - 2010-01-30

Hi, Can I put in a request for a blue slate. I like the red slate look but would prefer it blue.

There is the Night colour theme but it tends to be too dark whereas the red slate seems to have the levels just right.

- Amra - 2010-01-31

MrTourettes Wrote:Hi, Can I put in a request for a blue slate. I like the red slate look but would prefer it blue.

There is the Night colour theme but it tends to be too dark whereas the red slate seems to have the levels just right.
I did the Red Slate theme originally & would be happy to try a blue version for you.

Give me a day or two to play around with it. When I think I've got something, I'll post a screenshot for you & you can let me know if it looks okay, is too dark, too light, etc, etc, etc.

- 328iGuy - 2010-02-01

Amra Wrote:I did the Red Slate theme originally & would be happy to try a blue version for you.

Give me a day or two to play around with it. When I think I've got something, I'll post a screenshot for you & you can let me know if it looks okay, is too dark, too light, etc, etc, etc.

Im interested too, thanks.

Blue Slate Color Theme - Amra - 2010-02-01

It didn't take me as long as I thought, so here is the Blue Slate theme. Let me know if you find any errors or parts I forgot to color.

DOWNLOAD

Extract to your Alaska skin to install. Then select the theme in the Appearance settings.

Image.Image.Image.Image

PS: After looking at my post, I noticed that the screenshots include some of my personal Alaska tweaks such as the Poster & Banner changes as well as the different watched & new item icons. Note that these are not included in this theme download, only the color & background changes are.

- MrTourettes - 2010-02-01

Amra Wrote:It didn't take me as long as I thought, so here is the Blue Slate theme. Let me know if you find any errors or parts I forgot to color.

Cool thanks ill have a look when I get ome from work Smile

- Noodie - 2010-02-01

Blue Slate is looking good Amra, I'll try it later tonight.

But my main question is, where did you get those settings icons?
They are awesome!

(Might even be nice to include them in the default alaska version, as they fit in nicer with the darker themes, don't know about copyright and whatnot though)

- The_Dogg - 2010-02-01

Noodie Wrote:Blue Slate is looking good Amra, I'll try it later tonight.

They are awesome!

(Might even be nice to include them in the default alaska version, as they fit in nicer with the darker themes, don't know about copyright and whatnot though)

Look in his signature, you have a link to the icons from there, but I agree they look great

- Noodie - 2010-02-01

Thanks, shame on me for missing that Smile

- Amra - 2010-02-01

Noodie Wrote:Blue Slate is looking good Amra, I'll try it later tonight.

They are awesome!

Thanks, I liked them a lot too but I'm not sure if they could be included in Alaska as I didn't make them, Instead I found them HERE so all credit goes to the original creator.

- DuMbGuM - 2010-02-02

Just made up a little one of a mix of an edited Night style with the nice background that Juanflaco found, 'Grey Night' :

Any tips you guys can give me on simply packaging the filter.png into an .xpr? I tried compressing it in XPR Express with the filter.png in a media/backdrops directory but it never works for me. I have to manually overwrite the original filter.png in the backdrops folder to get it to work like in the screenshots above because my output .xpr doesn't work. I'll have another try tomorrow for anyone that might like it.

- Amra - 2010-02-02

DuMbGuM Wrote:Any tips you guys can give me on simply packaging the filter.png into an .xpr? I tried compressing it in XPR Express with the filter.png in a media/backdrops directory but it never works for me.
You don't want to have a "media" folder in the xpr file. Think of the xpr file as the media folder. Therefore, you want to only have the "backdrops" folder in your xpr.

If you need an example, try using XPR Express to extract the "Red Slate.xpr" or any of the other skin xpr files to see how they are set up.

Good luck!