Kodi Community Forum
[bugs] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Alaska (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=126)
+----- Thread: [bugs] (/showthread.php?tid=62707)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- taxigps - 2009-12-16

Hitcher Wrote:Cheers, I didn't look into this because I'm going to update the Files view at some time anyway.

all lines are scroll now, that makes giddiness. I think just current line scroll is good.

- Hitcher - 2009-12-16

succo Wrote:i found a bug (under linux, at least), as when playing a movie/audio file the overlay to the home menu is all merged in one single line, as the [noparse][CR][/noparse] in the code would not be parsed... it depends on the : in the xml files, at line 47 of VideoOverlay.xml and at line 55 and 70 of MusicOverlay.xml
it's enough to make the lines in MusicOverlay.xml like this
Code:
[noparse]<label>$LOCALIZE[31004][CR][b][color=NowPlayingTrack]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title][/color][/b][CR][b]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist][/b][CR][color=NowPlayingAlbum]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album][/color]</label>[/noparse]
and
Code:
[noparse]<label>$LOCALIZE[31004][CR][b][color=NowPlayingTrack]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title][/color][/b][CR][b]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist][/b][CR][color=NowPlayingAlbum]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album][/color]</label>[/noparse]
and the line in VideoOverlay.xml like
Code:
[noparse]<label>$LOCALIZE[31004][CR][b][color=NowPlayingTrack]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Title][/color][/b][CR][color=NowPlayingAlbum]$INFO[VideoPlayer.TVShowTitle][/color]</label>[/noparse]
and it's all gone
btw, if we like the : in now playing it's enough to make string 31004 NOW PLAYING: in our strings.xml and that's all Smile
Fixed.
taxigps Wrote:Don't remove font13 in font.xml. this is the default font xbmc used. xbmc may crash when font13 not define.
Thanks, I didn't realise.
sinarquia Wrote:I gave the skin another try today, after I saw the messages regarding DialogNumeric.xml. Now the numeric panel appears, and I can enter the numbers, but cannot navigate to the Done button, or the arrows.

Xbmc 9.11 beta2, Linux.

Thanks.
To do.
taxigps Wrote:all lines are scroll now, that makes giddiness. I think just current line scroll is good.
Good catch.

- filigran - 2009-12-17

Hi!

I'm having two issues, that I think are related.
I'm using gentoo (linux), my xbmc version is 9.11 alpha 2 rexported (installed through paludis/ebuild, as far as I know it's using the latest available svn, and I compiled it tonight). I also tried with the latest beta2 (which I'm also curious about why that's stable when the svn is alpha 2, but that's not important), and got the same problems.

The problem is the following:

If I use either my gnome desktop shortcut, the gnome app launcher or my shortcut key on my keyboard that I bound to start xbmc, it crashes when I press "I" to show info.

However, if I open a terminal and start xbmc from there, it all works well.

Also, I changed the PosterTitle size in 720p/Font.xml to a smaller size. If I use the terminal, it's all good. But if I again use my shortcuts it's default size, the year/rating scrolls and the PosterTitle size is as large as default, and not wrapped/scrolled, but instead overlaps.

The skin files are in ~/.xbmc/skin/Alaska, ~ being my homedir. Checking with top to see who the app belongs to, it says htpc (my username), and when it crashes it creates the crash log in my homedir. This tells me that it should be using that skin file. I tried copying it to the global dir (/usr/share/xbmc/), and got the same results.

This could all be related to a gnome issue or an xbmc issue, but if I use another skin (Rapier to be exact) it works. Info doesn't crash, even if I use the shortcut way.

I uploaded two screenshots, a crashlog and a debug log to mediafire. Screenshot000 is the overlap, and Screenshot001 is the working one. The files are here: http://www.mediafire.com/filigran

If you think it's not a skin issue but rather an xbmc/gnome/X/whatever issue, lemme know and I'll try to find info elsewhere.

I found some people with similar issues in another thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48738
This isn't really my problem though, but atleast I seem to not be completely alone. Smile

- succo - 2009-12-17

i noticed that in DialogAlbumInfo.xml, when it's used to output an artist's discography, album year and album name get merged just like the overlay was when selecting an album from the discography, so i guess there must be some kind of symbol too much in the file but couldn't find it yet... could it be somehow investigated? Smile

- dyt72 - 2009-12-17

I have the overlap issue with long movie names, only on movie section, tvshows is ok, the names scroll if they are too long.

- aflo - 2009-12-18

- Amra - 2009-12-18

aflo Wrote:Image

Hitcher, have you considered moving the focused poster to the left as I have done for myself? It still allows 2 full posters on the left and over 3 on the right. The now playing windows are not covered and there is plenty of room for long movie titles (and for that matter, long genre text). Just an idea...

AM/PM bug? - Amra - 2009-12-18

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but my AM/PM is switched. If you look at the screenshot in my post before this it says "6:41 PM" but the time was actually "6:41 AM". I tried another skin to make sure it was not an XBMC error but that skin was fine.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

- Hitcher - 2009-12-18

You're not using an old build of XBMC are you?
Amra Wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but my AM/PM is switched. If you look at the screenshot in my post before this it says "6:41 PM" but the time was actually "6:41 AM". I tried another skin to make sure it was not an XBMC error but that skin was fine.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
Fixed.

Music playlist and Network sources... - M1chael - 2009-12-18

Hi

First of all love the skin! I allready use it, but heres some of the stuff keeping me from changing to Alaska full time...

Music Playlist weardness:

When I try to create or edit a playlist or smart playlist it just doesn't work. Normal playlist just show "MyMusicPlaylistEditor.xml" in the left corner, while smartplaylist doesn't really do anything...

Music Network sources (Last.fm and Shoutcast):

When browsing last.fm and shoutcast in library mode you get this result:

The only way of seeing any text is by using list mode, anything else doesn't show anything but icons....

Weard thing is that this actually work when in file mode...?

Hope theres a fix on the way, couse this is just the best looking skin in 1080 I've seen yet!

- uncertainty - 2009-12-18

BTW do you have a link for those colors?

....Looks really nice....

- Hitcher - 2009-12-18

That's the 'Red Slate' theme.

- uncertainty - 2009-12-18

Hitcher Wrote:That's the 'Red Slate' theme.

Im such a noob...heh

- aflo - 2009-12-19

Hitcher Wrote:You're not using an old build of XBMC are you?

Fixed.

According to my XBMC log:
Quote:Starting XBMC, Platform: GNU/Linux. Built on Dec 17 2009 (SVN:25756)

- ppic - 2009-12-19

ppic Wrote:is it possible to disable the default icon that appears on xbmc notification if image parameter is passed?

the problem was the same in aeon, i know that temmi200 as modified his mod to handle it.

tried to figure out with dialogkaytoast.xml, but haven't find the way.

find a way to do that by suppressing:
Code:
<control type="image" id="404">
                <description>Icon</description>
                <posx>322</posx>
                <posy>10</posy>
                <width>50</width>
                <height>50</height>
                <texture>dialogs/notification.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>ButtonFilterColor</colordiffuse>
            </control>

from DialogKaiToast.xml