Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] LRC Lyrics - Addon based on XBMC Lyrics - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] LRC Lyrics - Addon based on XBMC Lyrics (/showthread.php?tid=62769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

- theironyuppie - 2010-04-22

ive just got onto this from cu lyrics, i like this better, seems to have more options. a couple of requests.
1. is it possible to get the lyrics to scroll in the middle of the screen with a transparent background rather than in a window on the side. i have a $2000 plasma and i dont really wanna have lrc lyrics burnt into my screen.No

and 2. i have about 4000 song lyrics on my computer from a program i use with wmp called minilyrics, only problem is that it saves the files all in 1 folder as:
artist - song.lrc
lrc lyrics wont recognize them. is it possible to set file save name type ie. artist - song.lrc
or
make the lookup in the library more general so it searches for root dir -> artist folder -> song.lrc AND root dir -> artist - song.lrc. i dont really fancey renaming 4000 files.
cheersBig Grin

- taxigps - 2010-04-23

theironyuppie Wrote:1. is it possible to get the lyrics to scroll in the middle of the screen with a transparent background rather than in a window on the side. i have a $2000 plasma and i dont really wanna have lrc lyrics burnt into my screen.No
I'll think about that

theironyuppie Wrote:and 2. i have about 4000 song lyrics on my computer from a program i use with wmp called minilyrics, only problem is that it saves the files all in 1 folder as:
artist - song.lrc
lrc lyrics wont recognize them. is it possible to set file save name type ie. artist - song.lrc
or
make the lookup in the library more general so it searches for root dir -> artist folder -> song.lrc AND root dir -> artist - song.lrc. i dont really fancey renaming 4000 files.
cheersBig Grin
I'll add support for it. Need to find time to do it. wait

- theironyuppie - 2010-04-23

taxigps Wrote:I'll think about that

I'll add support for it. Need to find time to do it. wait

cool, looking forward 2 it!

- taxigps - 2010-04-23

theironyuppie Wrote:cool, looking forward 2 it!

please test v1.22

setting "Save lyrics files in artist folder"
disable: save lyrics as root dir -> artist - song.lrc
enable: save lyrics as root dir -> artist folder -> song.lrc

- theironyuppie - 2010-04-27

love 2 mate but my htpc is offline at the moment.
soon as it gets back up and runnin ill check it our for ya.

taxigps Wrote:please test v1.22

setting "Save lyrics files in artist folder"
disable: save lyrics as root dir -> artist - song.lrc
enable: save lyrics as root dir -> artist folder -> song.lrc

- ReK_ - 2010-04-30

Great plugin here, thanks.

Could you add support for lyrics stored in the id3 tags? I use my pc to organize my library and it stores all lyrics inside the <lyrics> tag of the mp3 itself. The contents of that tag are basically the plaintext of an LRC file. See the pic for an example:

- ostfriesengott - 2010-05-01

Where do I find this script on SVN Repo? I can't see any chineese addon folder... Sad

- theironyuppie - 2010-05-13

ostfriesengott Wrote:Where do I find this script on SVN Repo? I can't see any chineese addon folder... Sad

its there mate. from main menu go programs > program plugins > SVN Repo Installer > xbms-addons-chinese > scripts > LRC Lyrics (vX.XX)

edit:
make sure u have the latest version of the repo installer and it will show up. go into the repo installer and choose up the top 'check for updates'. install that, restart xbmc and the chinese addons should be there. hope this helps.

- taxigps - 2010-05-13

ReK_ Wrote:Great plugin here, thanks.

Could you add support for lyrics stored in the id3 tags? I use my pc to organize my library and it stores all lyrics inside the <lyrics> tag of the mp3 itself. The contents of that tag are basically the plaintext of an LRC file. See the pic for an example:

need sample file to test

- theironyuppie - 2010-05-14

theironyuppie Wrote:love 2 mate but my htpc is offline at the moment.
soon as it gets back up and runnin ill check it our for ya.

my system is back up and ill check it out tonight for ya.
in the mean time i noticed that when u go into the settings via the scripts menu and choose update it tells me that there is a version 1.5.4 available.
when i choose update it fails. is there actually a 1.5.4 or is it an error with the updater?
cheers

edit:
just tested the modification and it works a treat. many thanks!

- taxigps - 2010-05-14

theironyuppie Wrote:my system is back up and ill check it out tonight for ya.
in the mean time i noticed that when u go into the settings via the scripts menu and choose update it tells me that there is a version 1.5.4 available.
when i choose update it fails. is there actually a 1.5.4 or is it an error with the updater?
cheers
that's some error. which xbmc svn are you use? It's better download from this thread now.

- theironyuppie - 2010-05-14

taxigps Wrote:that's some error. which xbmc svn are you use? It's better download from this thread now.

im using svn repo installer v1.8.3

- ReK_ - 2010-05-17

taxigps Wrote:need sample file to test

Example mp3

Thanks for doing this.

- theironyuppie - 2010-05-21

taxigps Wrote:need sample file to test

ReK_ Wrote:Example mp3

Thanks for doing this.

+1 vote for this. this will be a kick ass feature if u can get it up and running. i have heaps of music which dont have .lrc files and only embedded lyrics. love to get them displayed on lrc lyrics 2.
cant wait!Nod

- theironyuppie - 2010-05-21

theironyuppie Wrote:ive just got onto this from cu lyrics, i like this better, seems to have more options. a couple of requests.
1. is it possible to get the lyrics to scroll in the middle of the screen with a transparent background rather than in a window on the side. i have a $2000 plasma and i dont really wanna have lrc lyrics burnt into my screen.No

taxigps Wrote:I'll think about that

have u had any luck with this?
i dont know much about coding but i had a thought that might make this easier.
is it possible to "borrow" some coding from a subtitle script like OSD subtitles in order to make it easier to get the lyrics to "float" rather than being docked?
as i said, just a thought.
happy to do any testing in order to get it going.
cheersBig Grin