Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=62853)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- racey - 2010-07-15

Audible101 Wrote:When playing your music press "m" on you keyboard..this is for windows
I'm not using a keyboard. I'm running Apple TV with a remote control.

- amet - 2010-07-15

Audible101 Wrote:Great Addon u made but how do i get it to pop up under the OSD..

I installed via the SVN addon in the prorams..im using confluence skin..i cant add that script.cu.lyrics.. it only lets me add .py files..how and where do i add that file? i download script.cu.lyrics from the website addon..and again its just a folder and it wont let me select a folder..any help:confused2:

here are some pics any more info needed? no problem

select default.py after entering CU Lyrics folder in the screen above ^^

eidt: since you are using pre addon version of XBMC, you have to use CU Lyrics from SVN installer, you cannot use script.cu.lyrics as it is ONLY compatible with post addon XBMC(current nightlies)

- amet - 2010-07-15

racey Wrote:I'm not using a keyboard. I'm running Apple TV with a remote control.

after playing a song hit "left arrow" on the remote and select Icon on the left

you should get to a screen that looks like below

then select lyrics button(the highlighted one) to run an addon

- Audible101 - 2010-07-15

Ok so i need to install new version of xbmc to have the lyric option when on OSD? becasuse the script works i just gotta back out to main menu --scripts..

ok so i guess i will wait to get newer version.but so when i do get newer verision i can still use the svn addon or do i have to download it manually?

oh to save my library i just go to export? will it export entire library music,video,tv show?

- amet - 2010-07-15

Audible101 Wrote:Ok so i need to install new version of xbmc to have the lyric option when on OSD? becasuse the script works i just gotta back out to main menu --scripts..

no, I never said that, if you are on 9.11 Camelot then you need to use SVN installer to install CU Lyrics

Audible101 Wrote:ok so i guess i will wait to get newer version.but so when i do get newer verision i can still use the svn addon or do i have to download it manually?

If you use the nightlies you can install Addons using the built in interface

Audible101 Wrote:oh to save my library i just go to export? will it export entire library music,video,tv show?

Yes, it will

- racey - 2010-07-15

Amet Wrote:after playing a song hit "left arrow" on the remote and select Icon on the left

Thanks Amet. I'll try it tonight

- Audible101 - 2010-07-15

[quote=Amet]no, I never said that, if you are on 9.11 Camelot then you need to use SVN installer to install CU Lyrics

I am on the camelot 9.11 but like i posted i cant find that scripit.cu.lyrics.. just to clarfy things JMarshall saidd he doubts it works with the older verison but i have the newst 9.11:confused2:.either way where is that file i cant find it. and i dont know if i want to get the nightlies im noob and im just starting gettting familiar with xbmc and regarding the nightlies..do i unistall xbmc the install the .exe?..oh thx for the quick reply

- amet - 2010-07-15

Audible101 Wrote:[quote=Amet]no, I never said that, if you are on 9.11 Camelot then you need to use SVN installer to install CU Lyrics

I am on the camelot 9.11 but like i posted i cant find that scripit.cu.lyrics..

read what I said here

you are on 9.11, you need to use CU Lyrics from SVN Installer,NOT script.cu.lyrics

Audible101 Wrote:just to clarfy things JMarshall saidd he doubts it works with the older verison but i have the newst 9.11:confused2:.either way where is that file i cant find it.

"newest 9.11" is from December 2009

Audible101 Wrote:and i dont know if i want to get the nightlies im noob and im just starting gettting familiar with xbmc and regarding the nightlies..do i unistall xbmc the install the .exe?..oh thx for the quick reply

no difference between setting up 9.11 or nightlies but its your setup, who am I to say anything Smile

- racey - 2010-07-15

Amet Wrote:after playing a song hit "left arrow" on the remote and select Icon on the left

I can't see a screen like the above. The "play", "pause" etc. buttons are on the but the lyrics button isn't there.
I need more help please :confused2:

- amet - 2010-07-15

racey Wrote:I can't see a screen like the above. The "play", "pause" etc. buttons are on the but the lyrics button isn't there.
I need more help please :confused2:

Post a screenshot of what you see and a debug log. PM me if its easier

- racey - 2010-07-15

Amet Wrote:Post a screenshot of what you see and a debug log. PM me if its easier
I meant to say the "play", "pause buttons" are on the left.
I'll try and organise a screenshot.
Where do i find the debug log?
Also, many thanks for your help.

- Belgrath - 2010-07-16

Many thanks Amet,

Installing the nightly builds made it ALOT easier to get this script up and running... especially for a scrub like myself.

One question though. When the script is fetching the lyrics, is it pulling it from a site, or directly from the MP3 tag in my case?

- amet - 2010-07-16

racey Wrote:I meant to say the "play", "pause buttons" are on the left.
I'll try and organise a screenshot.
Where do i find the debug log?
Also, many thanks for your help.

my signature has instructions for the debug log

- amet - 2010-07-16

Belgrath Wrote:Many thanks Amet,

Installing the nightly builds made it ALOT easier to get this script up and running... especially for a scrub like myself.

One question though. When the script is fetching the lyrics, is it pulling it from a site, or directly from the MP3 tag in my case?

script is always pulling from the website

I am glad the nightlies helped Smile

- adsoto - 2010-07-16

I have my music in a iTunes library, it has embedded lyrics displaying in the "Lyrics" tab when you select "Get Information" from a song.
Can this lyrics be used with XBMC lyrics plugins? Or can they be autoextracted to .txt files that can be used by XBMC lyrics plugins?