Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=62853)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- racey - 2010-07-16

Amet Wrote:my signature has instructions for the debug log
Thanks again Amet. I'll sort it out on the weekend.

- amet - 2010-07-16

adsoto Wrote:I have my music in a iTunes library, it has embedded lyrics displaying in the "Lyrics" tab when you select "Get Information" from a song.
Can this lyrics be used with XBMC lyrics plugins? Or can they be autoextracted to .txt files that can be used by XBMC lyrics plugins?

not with the CU Lyrics ATM, I might look at it in a future

- xbmcuser01 - 2010-07-17

Please don't RTFM me but I've searced the forums, google, a million entries in Wiki's but for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to install this Lyrics plugin... I use Linux. I where to find the directory that has the folders in it named:
  • plugins
  • screensavers
  • scripts
I am convinced that I must download a file and simply place it in the 'scripts' directory after which it will probably pop up in XBMC in the 'Scripts' section. But where to find that file....?

- amet - 2010-07-17

xbmcuser01 Wrote:Please don't RTFM me but I've searced the forums, google, a million entries in Wiki's but for the life of me I can't seem to find out how to install this Lyrics plugin... I use Linux. I where to find the directory that has the folders in it named:
  • plugins
  • screensavers
  • scripts
I am convinced that I must download a file and simply place it in the 'scripts' directory after which it will probably pop up in XBMC in the 'Scripts' section. But where to find that file....?

you didnt say if you are on 9.11 or the latest nightlies.

if you are on 9.11, use SVN repo instaler to install it and activate it under skin settings -> scripts(skin dependent)

if you are on latest nightlies use the built in add-on installer engine and follow the instructions on the first page

the folders you are looking are under ~/.xbmc/userdata/ (I could be wrong on this as I dont use linux, somebody correct me if I am wrong please), on nightlies those folders wont be there, they are replaced by "addons" folder and you need to use add-ons installer engine to install the CU Lyrics

- xbmcuser01 - 2010-07-18

Dear Amet,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. At first after reading your reply I was having a little trouble to determine the version of XBMC I'm using. However, then I noticed on the left side of the Settings screen the submenu called 'Skin settings'. I forgot to look in that submenu before (my mistake!). So it appears that I am using XBMC version 9.11 (not the latest nightly build) and that I've somehow already installed the lyrics script. I only had to activate it and you've shown me how to do that now!

Since a few days I am using Ubuntu 10.04 'The Lucid Lynx'. I used to use another Linux distro before I had a nasty harddisk crash. So some XBMC things are new to me now... Wink

Thanks,

Michel

Eeerm. Sorry. But now that I've activated it I notice that I haven't actually installed it yet... What is the SVN Repo installer and how do I use it to install the lyricas script? I've looked through the forums and the Wiki but....

Holy guacamole! Getting it to work is not trivial to me. Here's what one should do in Linux:

1. If you use Linux then the socalled 'SVN repo installer' is not included by default. Download it from %20SVN%20Repo%20Installer_v1.8.1.rar&can=2&q=]here, unrar it and place the resulting folder in ~/.xbmc/plugins/programs.
  2. To let the 'SVN reop installer' pop up in the Favoutites menu create the following file: ~/.xbmc/userdata/favourites.xml
    Put the following text in it:
    Code:
    <favourites>
           <favourite name="SVN Repo Installer" thumb="special://home/plugins/programs/SVN Repo Installer/default.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/)</favourite>
    </favourites>
  3. In XBMC goto Favourites and press Enter on the SVN Repo. Once in the SVN Repo goto: "XBMC add-ons > Scripts > CU lyrics".
  4. Now in the XBMC main menu goto: "Settings > Skin settings (in the PM3.HD skin thats in the menu on the left!) > Scripts > Script path > 'scripts/CU lyrics/default.py' ".
  5. Now start a song of which you're sure that lyrics exist for it.
  6. Press TAB (you should see a visualisation now).
  7. Press M for the menu navigator thingy. The top button of that "+" shaped D-pad like virtual navigator thingy has an icon in the shape of a text balloon. Press it and wait two seconds.
  8. You should see lyrcs now Smile
Oemph. That's it. Big Grin

- amet - 2010-07-18

xbmcuser01 Wrote:[Work in progress] Holy guacamole! Getting it to work is absolutely not trivial!!! Here's what one should do in Linux:

1. If you use Linux then the socalled 'SVN repo installer' is not included by default.
  2. sdfgbgsb

I think its very trivial Smile

unzip this to ~/.xbmc/plugins/programs/ and run svn repo installer from programs menu

NOTE: this is only for 9.11 Camelot

Bug report: Version 0.7.6 Showing Previous Song's Lyrics - StLouisRod - 2010-07-21

Just wanted to report a major bug with this script. Whenever lyrics for a song being played is not found, it will display "Put Lyrics Here and delete this entire line". Even if the next song's lyrics are found, it will always show the previous song's lyrics. It never catches up. The only way to resolve it is to stop the script and start it again, at which point it shows the current song's lyrics (assuming they can be found of course).

I'm currently looking at the python source in Notepad++ to see if I can figure out the problem, but if anyone else has figured out a solution already, please let me know. Thanks!Big Grin

btw, I installed CU Lyrics using the SVN Repo installer... Add Ons. This is being played on my XBOX running the latest T3CH build.

- amet - 2010-07-25

StLouisRod Wrote:Just wanted to report a major bug with this script. Whenever lyrics for a song being played is not found, it will display "Put Lyrics Here and delete this entire line". Even if the next song's lyrics are found, it will always show the previous song's lyrics. It never catches up. The only way to resolve it is to stop the script and start it again, at which point it shows the current song's lyrics (assuming they can be found of course).

I'm currently looking at the python source in Notepad++ to see if I can figure out the problem, but if anyone else has figured out a solution already, please let me know. Thanks!Big Grin

btw, I installed CU Lyrics using the SVN Repo installer... Add Ons. This is being played on my XBOX running the latest T3CH build.

the issue you are seeing has been addressed in 0.8.7, note that this version will only work on nightlies (Dharma-pre)

- mad-max - 2010-08-25

@amet:

I just wanted to ask if you´re intrested in a german translation of CU Lyrics?
If so, PN me for further details...

cheers,
mad-max

- amet - 2010-08-25

mad-max Wrote:@amet:

I just wanted to ask if you´re intrested in a german translation of CU Lyrics?
If so, PN me for further details...

cheers,
mad-max

yes please Smile , use ML for any addon updates/contributions

- mad-max - 2010-08-25

hi amet,

thanks for your quick response.

Actually I´m not familiar with this. I subscribed to the list, but how to contribute?
Just writing an e-mail to all users subscribed?

thanks

mad-max

- amet - 2010-08-25

mad-max Wrote:hi amet,

thanks for your quick response.

Actually I´m not familiar with this. I subscribed to the list, but how to contribute?
Just writing an e-mail to all users subscribed?

thanks

mad-max

- clone the git repo
- make changes to CU Lyrics(add the translation files)
- create the patch and attach it to the mail to addon-ML

I will then apply the patch to the git repo on my side and push the changes.

- mad-max - 2010-08-25

Thanks for your advice.

Need to download a git client first, cause my tortoise SVN does not get the git...

Hopefully I get this to work soon...Big Grin