Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] CU Lyrics (Script) Addon (/showthread.php?tid=62853)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- ronie - 2010-02-02

lonchaney Wrote:sorry if this is wrong place to post this

i was wondering if anyone knows a way i can press a button on my remote and have the script come up and show me the lyrics of the song i'm playing? i'm running aeon65 and when i play music i just go back to the home screen (no visualization or anything). i wanna be able to just hit a button on my remote and have the lyrics pop up...is this possible?

thanks.

not tested by me, but i guess you should be able to map this action to a button:
XBMC.RunScript(/path/to/script)

- lonchaney - 2010-02-03

ronie Wrote:not tested by me, but i guess you should be able to map this action to a button:
XBMC.RunScript(/path/to/script)

i use eventghost and i'm not sure what you mean...any chance of an explanation? also, how does everyone else use this script? i love the idea of having the lyrics when playing a song but i'm curious how people implement the script

- ronie - 2010-02-03

lonchaney Wrote:i use eventghost and i'm not sure what you mean...any chance of an explanation? also, how does everyone else use this script? i love the idea of having the lyrics when playing a song but i'm curious how people implement the script

most skins have a button on the music osd to launch this script.

i have no experience with eventghost, but have a look at xbmc/system/keymaps/remote.xml
copy this file to xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml and you should be able to modify it to your own liking.

- thomash72 - 2010-02-09

I love the fact that the CU Lyrics scrip is able to provide me with Lyrics when listening to Shoutcast radio.
Two minor requests:
1. When a new song start to play in a Shoutcast radiostream I have to manually turn CU Lyrics off/on again in order to get it to search for lyrics for the new song.
2. When a song does not have first letter in each word capitalized CU Lyrics does not seem to find any lyrics.

But overall CU Lyrics combined with Transparency! is a killer combination:-)

- djvj - 2010-04-14

Script works great, thanks!

I noticed a lot of songs do not have lyrics, I know this is not your fault, but are there multiple sources that can be scraped to potentially find a match?

Also I have many songs that have (explicit) in the song name to denote that it's the adult version. These seem to never pull lyrics. Is the script searching for this in the song name or is it discarded? If it is maybe give an option or make it discard data in parenthesis and brackets.

- osmorphyus - 2010-04-19

doesnt work out of the box on XBOX with the bleeding edge tech install of xbmc.

what do i have to do to make it work?

- amet - 2010-04-19

osmorphyus Wrote:doesnt work out of the box on XBOX with the bleeding edge tech install of xbmc.

what do i have to do to make it work?

"bleeding edge" is not the version number, please provide debug log. see my signature for how-to

- osmorphyus - 2010-04-20

your sig refers to all versions except xbox, so i dont know how to get any data about the problem.

bleeding edge is the current build of XBMC released by tech.

has this script not been tested on the xbox?

- amet - 2010-04-20

osmorphyus Wrote:your sig refers to all versions except xbox, so i dont know how to get any data about the problem.

bleeding edge is the current build of XBMC released by tech.

has this script not been tested on the xbox?

no XBOX here to test, sry

- osmorphyus - 2010-04-21

its all good, im not hatin'

i recently discovered xbmc on a pc, and i can see why the development has gone that direction.

if i had a tv set myself that would be worth plugging my pc into, id use it on that platform, too.

- theironyuppie - 2010-04-23

amet, script is looking good, i have a couple of requests.

1. is it possible to get the lyrics to scroll in the middle of the screen with a transparent background rather than in a window on the side. i have a $2000 plasma and i dont really wanna have cu lyrics burnt into my screen.

and 2. i have about 4000 song lyrics on my computer from a program i use with wmp called minilyrics, only problem is that it saves the files all in 1 folder as:
artist - song.lrc
lrc lyrics wont recognize them. is it possible to set file save name type ie. artist - song.lrc
or
make the lookup in the library more general so it searches for root dir -> artist folder -> song.lrc AND root dir -> artist - song.lrc. i dont really fancey renaming 4000 files.
not sure if this will be fixed in your next release with custom download directory but maybe something to consider.
keep up the good work

- ostfriesengott - 2010-05-01

Hi...
Please don't blame me, but how is this script supposed to work? I have installed the script (xbmc 9.11, Confluence, Ubuntu Live) as stated above. I then start playing a music file, go to scripts and start CU Lyrics. I then have two screens, the left shows the script menu, the right shows the lyrics. I guess there is a way to show the lyrics in a small windows on the music osd? But how? I cannot leave the script screen until I close the Lyrics windows with the mouse...back key doesn't work.

Thx in advance.

- ronie - 2010-05-01

ostfriesengott Wrote:I guess there is a way to show the lyrics in a small windows on the music osd?

go to the Confluence skin settings and check:
System > Skin > Addon Scripts > Enable lyrics in Music OSD
also enter the path to the script below.

this will put a button on the Music OSD to start the script (the right way) ;-)

- ostfriesengott - 2010-05-01

the osd showing up when pressing "m"? I don't have this option, only standard controls (forward, stop, rewind etc.)

Edit: Works, thank you!

- cd492 - 2010-05-13

Sry for my noob question. Just wonderwing does this script work in aeon as well?