Kodi Community Forum
Fanart view is not included ! Why ? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Ellipsis (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=119)
+----- Thread: Fanart view is not included ! Why ? (/showthread.php?tid=63316)

Fanart view is not included ! Why ? - costa - 2009-12-04

Hello ..

I liked the new skin .. But I missed the fanart view, what is the point of downloading fanarts if the skin can't view them at all !

There is strange cursor saying that this skin is not designed for mouse ! but I can use it with my mouse ! how come is that ?

Thanks for the great work .. and for the HD skin Smile

- dtviewer - 2009-12-05

I thought I read in the post about the Ellipsis release that there is a place in settings to turn fanart on and off.
I'm not home to download it yet but I would check under settings if I were you.

- Blackbolt - 2009-12-05

dtviewer Wrote:I thought I read in the post about the Ellipsis release that there is a place in settings to turn fanart on and off.
I'm not home to download it yet but I would check under settings if I were you.

Exactly Right, if you go to settings, then Ellipsis Settings, you'll see that there is an option right there on the first tab to Show/Hide Fanart.

Also Ellipsis does not work well at all with a mouse. Which is why the warning is attached to the mouse pointer.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-05

As I don't use a mouse AT ALL I can confirm Ellipsis is extremely great at running without a mouse in the first place, for those who use a mouse I might suggest just giving Ellipsis a try without the mouse I'd bet most will like it Smile

- costa - 2009-12-05

Blackbolt Wrote:Exactly Right, if you go to settings, then Ellipsis Settings, you'll see that there is an option right there on the first tab to Show/Hide Fanart.

Also Ellipsis does not work well at all with a mouse. Which is why the warning is attached to the mouse pointer.

Hi Blackbolt ..

I checked the options for fanart .. you only can hide it, but when it is enabled you can't view it clearly, I mean it is on but behind the movie thumbs not a full fanart view like in Transparency! skin for example.

Regarding the mouse , I use Logitech mx mouse , and it works fine in movies section I can scroll movies icons using the wheel and it works in most of the section but not them all, I hope u'll remove the warning icon in the final release or you might help us mouse people and add a mouse support to it Smile

but really I have to congratulate you for this awesome skin

Thanks mate .

- Blackbolt - 2009-12-05

costa Wrote:Hi Blackbolt ..

I checked the options for fanart .. you only can hide it, but when it is enabled you can't view it clearly, I mean it is on but behind the movie thumbs not a full fanart view like in Transparency! skin for example.

Regarding the mouse , I use Logitech mx mouse , and it works fine in movies section I can scroll movies icons using the wheel and it works in most of the section but not them all, I hope u'll remove the warning icon in the final release or you might help us mouse people and add a mouse support to it Smile

but really I have to congratulate you for this awesome skin

Thanks mate .

Maybe we can toggle the fanart from being diffused like that to being just straight up full opacity. I don't like it personally, I even disable fanart completely. But maybe an option for full on backgrounds and fanart should be added.

- z][ggy - 2009-12-05

Blackbolt Wrote:Maybe we can toggle the fanart from being diffused like that to being just straight up full opacity. I don't like it personally, I even disable fanart completely. But maybe an option for full on backgrounds and fanart should be added.

+1 from me as I love fanart but like the fact it can be diffused aswell

- grupy - 2009-12-05

z][ggy;452032 Wrote:+1 from me as I love fanart but like the fact it can be diffused aswell

I definitely agree here...with both possibilities it would be more appealing to those that love their fanart as much as I do.

- costa - 2009-12-05

Blackbolt Wrote:Maybe we can toggle the fanart from being diffused like that to being just straight up full opacity. I don't like it personally, I even disable fanart completely. But maybe an option for full on backgrounds and fanart should be added.

You mean a new view mode that focus on fanart ? or just like the current view and more clear ?

I hope to see it in a full view

right now I'm trying to get used to use it without the mouse .. it is cool but I don't know the shortcuts keys !

Thanks again for your efforts

Big Grin

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-05

costa what platform are you running xbmc on? if it is windows you should find a keymap for it, not sure on others as I don't use any other platform.

- costa - 2009-12-05

XBMCG33K Wrote:costa what platform are you running xbmc on? if it is windows you should find a keymap for it, not sure on others as I don't use any other platform.

I'm using windows 7.

Big Grin

- paul - 2009-12-05

Great work on this fantastic looking skin, but it's totally unsuitable for my pc as it runs extremly slow, good god even Auriga runs better with all the extras switched on.
So i will remain faithfull to xperience as it runs much smoother.Blush
It's a shame because i do like the time theme on it

- Blackbolt - 2009-12-05

paul Wrote:Great work on this fantastic looking skin, but it's totally unsuitable for my pc as it runs extremly slow, good god even Auriga runs better with all the extras switched on.
So i will remain faithfull to xperience as it runs much smoother.Blush
It's a shame because i do like the time theme on it

paul we also got your comment in our own forum, pick one place to tell us. As I said in our forum, tell us your specs and when it runs slow. Even xbox users arent having same issues as you.