Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- joel_ezekiel - 2010-09-06

You could possible set the computer to wake up to check rss feeds, but running an atom full time with power saving features turned on wouldn't use that much power anyway so shouldn't be to bad.

BTW sickbeard is great! just wish there were some rpm's for it because im lazy, dont like having to set things up manually Big Grin

- gorgeth - 2010-09-07

qubilist Wrote:I am trying to run Sickbeard and Sabnzbd on a Low Power Acer Revo system. Is there a power setting that lets the computer sleep, yet still let Sabnzbd check RSS feeds and Sickbeard to check for new NZB's in the low powered state?

If not then I guess I would have to leave the Acer Revo on all the time?

Any suggestions?

You have basically 2 options, a basic box that essentially runs xbmc as shell and does nothing else (can be slept/hibernated/whatever when not in active use)

OR

You can run server processes such as Sickbeard,Couch Potato, torrent client, and all sorts of other goodness,and use this little low power Revo to do *as much as possible* with its low power consumption self,while your other pc's remain powered off.

There is a way to do a sleep/wake cycle depending on bios support (script auto sleep mode on the device, and use bios that allows it to "wakeup" based on net events/keypress/timers etc. Though I am not sure this would get you where you really wanna be in terms of "low power/sleep"

- ECEC - 2010-09-07

This isn't a problem with either SAB or Sickbeard, but I've run across this situation a number of times and I wanted to get some other people's input on it. Sickbeard is setup to download episodes at either SD DVD, 720 TV/BR, and then finalize with 720 BR.

Sickbeard finds an ep at SD DVD, and adds it to the queue. Because I don't have a very fast internet connection, it gets added to the queue and may not be downloaded for a week or two. In the meantime, Sickbeard finds the 720 BR version, and adds that to the queue. So now I have two versions of the same ep in the queue, which I only catch if I happen to be staying on top of what Sickbeard is sending, and then I (obviously) have to manually remove the first ep from the library.

Is this an issue that could be addressed automatically in the future? It seems like if Sickbeard knows that the first file isn't complete (because status is still set to snatched) it could possibly remove that item from SAB's queue (assuming SAB has that capability, I have no idea).

- kricker - 2010-09-07

SB can't remove something from SAB's queue. But it will remove the SD version from your library when it downloads the 720BR version. If it is not removing the lower resolution version when it finishes the preferred resolution version then you have a bug. I often get a SD version of a show hours before the HD version. But once I get the HD version, the SB processing script deletes the SD one.

- ECEC - 2010-09-07

kricker Wrote:SB can't remove something from SAB's queue. But it will remove the SD version from your library when it downloads the 720BR version. If it is not removing the lower resolution version when it finishes the preferred resolution version then you have a bug. I often get a SD version of a show hours before the HD version. But once I get the HD version, the SB processing script deletes the SD one.

Oh yeah, that part works all right (in fact SAB is currently chugging through 4 seasons worth of BSG BR rips, at a blazing fast 200kb/s... Sad). I just thought it would be neat to be able to kill an nzb that's still in the queue, so I don't was my valuable MBs on something that would be deleted anyway.

- kricker - 2010-09-08

ECEC Wrote:Oh yeah, that part works all right (in fact SAB is currently chugging through 4 seasons worth of BSG BR rips, at a blazing fast 200kb/s... Sad). I just thought it would be neat to be able to kill an nzb that's still in the queue, so I don't was my valuable MBs on something that would be deleted anyway.
That's what you get for moving into the Bayou Wink

- ECEC - 2010-09-08

kricker Wrote:That's what you get for moving into the Bayou Wink

C'mon chere, you know you likada bayou. Smile

- YodaEXE - 2010-09-08

You'd be better off taking this up with the people who make SAB. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell from the bit of research I did, there is no way of remotely removing something from the SAB queue. It would be great if they would add in this capability, because I've had the same issue that you have (though for me it tends to be that it'll add the TV rip, and then find the WEB DL version later).

- kricker - 2010-09-08

You can remove items from the queue using SABnzbd+ API. The big trick is first you'd have to find which item it was in the queue before you just randomly delete items from the queue.

- ECEC - 2010-09-08

kricker Wrote:You can remove items from the queue using SABnzbd+ API. The big trick is first you'd have to find which item it was in the queue before you just randomly delete items from the queue.

Wouldn't "SABnzbd_nzo_zt2syz" be a unique value for each item added, or does that change if the queue is altered?

If not, it might be possible to search through the queue for matching eps in the filenames.

- kricker - 2010-09-08

If the SAB queue ID is something that SB already knows then it should be easy to remove it. If not then SB would have to retrieve the queue, search thru it, find the proper item and retrieve the ID.

You should head to the SB code page and add this to the enhancement requests.

- ECEC - 2010-09-08

kricker Wrote:You should head to the SB code page and add this to the enhancement requests.

Done! Smile

- TREYisRAD - 2010-09-09

Midgetspy, What does the "Unknown" parameter in "Initial Quality" do?

I want episodes to download in either SD or HD, but never be replaced by a higher quality.

(Basically, I would prefer HD, but SD is fine. But I don't want it to hog my backlog looking for HD versions)

Is this accomplished by using "Unknown" parameter in custom quality? That is how mine is currently setup, and it seems to be doing the job. Could you confirm?

excellent app by the way. I reconfigured my entire HTPC around it. I'll be donating next paycheck

- ECEC - 2010-09-10

Does anyone else running from source on a Windows box have issues with Sickbeard eating up all available CPU? Once every couple of weeks I'll check SAB and see that it's taking forever to unpack something, and every time it's python.exe using 99% of the CPU. A quick restart of Sickbeard fixes it for awhile.

- SpoBo - 2010-09-12

ECEC Wrote:Does anyone else running from source on a Windows box have issues with Sickbeard eating up all available CPU? Once every couple of weeks I'll check SAB and see that it's taking forever to unpack something, and every time it's python.exe using 99% of the CPU. A quick restart of Sickbeard fixes it for awhile.

SabNZBd runs on Python as well. So there is a good chance it's SabNZBd itself that is causing you trouble. Best course of action would be to just upgrade everything to the latest versions.

For sabnzbd you simply run a newer installer and install to the same directory as before (works for me), and for sickbeard you download the lastest version and copy over the .db & .ini file from the old folder (never done this yet as I'm also new to sickbeard. But it should work).