Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ECEC - 2010-09-12

It's definitely Sickbeard. As soon as I shut it it down the problems go away. I run SB from source so it's up to date, and I'm on the latest SAB as well.

- The_Dogg - 2010-09-13

I just recently found out about Sickbeard and I finally gave it a try this week-end. All I can say is THANK YOU, this is exactly what I needed. I used to take at least 1 hour each day to look for new shows, download, rename, sort and generate metadata. Now thanks to Sickbeard all that is done automatically, when i wake up in the morning all my shows are downloaded, sorted, renamed and metadata is generated.

I choose to continue to use MediaCompanion to generate the NFO and artwork (to keep NFO files all the same) so i just created a script in SABNZBD+ to call the MC console program to generate the files) and uses only the SABNZBD+ post processing.

I must say that I am very pleased with my setup now and this will save me loads of time.

Keep up the good work

- Flomaster - 2010-09-14

Wiz, silly question, but did you add the TV show "Destination Truth" to Sickbeard?

it needs to be listed as one of your shows in the show list...

-=Jason=-

EDIT: this is what I would do if I were you have not already added all of your Tv Shows

go into add shows,

add multiple shows from Root Directory and type in this
Code:
/media/samba/video/TV

- Orbi - 2010-09-15

I've been running SB on my server from source for two weeks now without any problems. Today however, I cannot start it up using the usual command: nohup python /boot/custom/usr/share/packages/SickBeard/SickBeard.py -d &

I can start SB without nohup, -d and &. It was doing perfectly fine before. I didn't change any software of dependencies. Any ideas why this is happening?

- daz1uk - 2010-09-16

Hi,

My sickbeard has been working perfectly since I installed a couple of weeks ago, today I noticed this error:

Error trying to load NZBs.org RSS feed: syntax error: line 1, column 21

Can anyone tell me what this is about please?

- Habskilla - 2010-09-17

Why is there no option to force by air date The Tonight Show with Jay Leno?

- DDM123 - 2010-09-17

Habskilla Wrote:Why is there no option to force by air date The Tonight Show with Jay Leno?

Midgetspy is with CoCo.

- bcboncs - 2010-09-17

what is the default web address to access sickbeard? I have sab set up perfectly fine for web server accessing but sickbeard doesn't seem to have settings to configure that. Anyone know offhand? Did this perhaps come in a later version of sickbeard?

http://myddnsip:8081/ ?

- Flomaster - 2010-09-17

bcboncs Wrote:what is the default web address to access sickbeard? I have sab set up perfectly fine for web server accessing but sickbeard doesn't seem to have settings to configure that. Anyone know offhand? Did this perhaps come in a later version of sickbeard?

http://myddnsip:8081/ ?

there are no settings to configure in sickbeard.
1.make sure port 8081 is forwarded in your HTPC's LAN IP address I used a static IP so it will never change
2.make sure that DynDns is able to get you WAN IP from your Router, most newer routers have a section for that
3.just type in your dyns address followed by port number

default is 8081 but you must have port 8081 forwarded in your router to access it and DynDNS must have your current WAN IP address for it to work

-=Jason=-

- weldon - 2010-09-18

This is an absolutely incredible application. I have one question though: has anything happened with this trac? It is about a revamp of the add show system. The best addition to this app would be an API to add new shows through an XBMC plugin Smile

- ECEC - 2010-09-20

So, Sickbeard seems to have automatically added shows into my backlog. For example, I want new Venture Bros episodes in SD and then in HD, but when I set that up Sickbeard added all previous shows to the backlog. So last night it added 14 or 15 BR rips to my SAB queue. It did the same for How I Met Your Mother. Is there a way I can change this?

- Flomaster - 2010-09-20

ECEC Wrote:So, Sickbeard seems to have automatically added shows into my backlog. For example, I want new Venture Bros episodes in SD and then in HD, but when I set that up Sickbeard added all previous shows to the backlog. So last night it added 14 or 15 BR rips to my SAB queue. It did the same for How I Met Your Mother. Is there a way I can change this?

what is your default quality setting for the show to be downloaded? are you using BEST? maybe you need to use a "CUSTOM" setting

change your custom settings if you don't want sab to search for BluRay rips

I personally just use HD as my quality

-=Jason=-

- DDM123 - 2010-09-20

Anyone having an issue where Sick Beard keeps popping up episodes which have already downloaded? I have to delete and re-scan the show to prevent SB from popping the "Download finished" message from showing up in XBMC.

- Flomaster - 2010-09-20

DDM123 Wrote:Anyone having an issue where Sick Beard keeps popping up episodes which have already downloaded? I have to delete and re-scan the show to prevent SB from popping the "Download finished" message from showing up in XBMC.

perhaps SB is downloading a better quality episode?

-=Jason=-

- DDM123 - 2010-09-20

Nah, it pops up every 5 minutes, and SAB says it was downloaded last week. Not a big deal, but I'm wondering if I'm alone here.