Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ECEC - 2010-09-21

Flomaster Wrote:what is your default quality setting for the show to be downloaded? are you using BEST? maybe you need to use a "CUSTOM" setting

change your custom settings if you don't want sab to search for BluRay rips

I personally just use HD as my quality

-=Jason=-

Yeah, I was using custom quality, with BR as one of the "finishing" qualities. I thought that applied only to episodes going forward and any episodes added to your backlog, though. Now it seems like it automatically adds all that to the backlog.

And yeah, HD is good enough for most shows.

- k1282 - 2010-09-21

today something strange happened:
i set sick beard to check for episodes every 3 days (the search frequency value is therefore set to 4320 minutes). according to sickbeard, it is correctly shown that approx. 24hours have passed and in 2 days sick beard will check for new episodes (as my 3 day deadline is then fulfilled).

but this morning i saw that sick beard already searched for new episodes which were published this morning on usenet and sabnzbd downloaded them.

why did sickbeard look for new episodes although it should be doing so in 2 days?

has become sickbeard so intelligent, that it knows by itself when to look for episodes of a certain series? or is the search frequency broken?

if i remember correctly, the earlier versions obeyed my search frequency settings.

- Flomaster - 2010-09-21

k1282 Wrote:today something strange happened:
i set sick beard to check for episodes every 3 days (the search frequency value is therefore set to 4320 minutes). according to sickbeard, it is correctly shown that approx. 24hours have passed and in 2 days sick beard will check for new episodes (as my 3 day deadline is then fulfilled).

but this morning i saw that sick beard already searched for new episodes which were published this morning on usenet and sabnzbd downloaded them.

why did sickbeard look for new episodes although it should be doing so in 2 days?

has become sickbeard so intelligent, that it knows by itself when to look for episodes of a certain series? or is the search frequency broken?

if i remember correctly, the earlier versions obeyed my search frequency settings.

I think it looks for the backlog every X days, your current shows might be checked on nightly.... I dunno how it works, but it just works. I had Sons of Anarchy downloaded before midnight my time, seems like as soon as it was released SB found it..

-=Jason=-

- k1282 - 2010-09-21

this would be bad actually.
sick beard is runnign on my QNAP NAS and it is usually set to go into standby for energy saving after 10min inactivity (which is why i set search frequency to 3 days). and according to sick beard the backlog is due in 19days.

how can i change the "nightly check" interval?

what is sick beard doing exactly? intelligently looking for new episodes? or does it override my search frequency settings? if so, is it a bug?
it wasn't like that in far earlier versions

- Habskilla - 2010-09-21

Has anyone got The Tonight Show with Jay Leno to download nightly? If so, how did you get it to work?

- kricker - 2010-09-21

Habskilla Wrote:Has anyone got The Tonight Show with Jay Leno to download nightly? If so, how did you get it to work?
I think you have to run it from source. I do not know which branch though. I thought it was alpha2 but I don't see that one now. As far as I remember, dated shows are not supported in the provided binaries.

EDIT:
Looks like it may have made it into the binaries after all. I just add the Daily show again and it found it!

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is listed as just "Jay Leno" on all the indexing sites. That may be the problem.

- DejaVu - 2010-09-22

Post-Processing
What is wrong with it in the recent release??

Why COPYING? My Hard Drives are getting rammed and taking ages to delete/check the duplicates - why has it been changed from MOVING? Can I change this back myself? It moved before on older versions ..?

Can Sickbeard be told about the new standards BRRip and BDRip? Smile

- jcato - 2010-09-22

Hello!

I sometimes add shows to my TV Shows folder instead of SB downloading them, for example, SageTV recordings. I copied some over about 6 hours ago. SB still hasn't noticed them (my search frequency is 120 min). Will it eventually find these shows? Or do I have to manually hit Re-Scan files on each show's page? Would be really nice if it were automatic.

Thanks

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-09-23

jcato Wrote:Hello!

I sometimes add shows to my TV Shows folder instead of SB downloading them, for example, SageTV recordings. I copied some over about 6 hours ago. SB still hasn't noticed them (my search frequency is 120 min). Will it eventually find these shows? Or do I have to manually hit Re-Scan files on each show's page? Would be really nice if it were automatic.

Thanks

Ya you need to re-scan... It would be way too much disk I/O for people with huge collections such as myself if it would re-scan too often... I think it MAY do it at 3:00am but don't quote me on that...

If you have a bunch of shows to re-scan and don't quite remember which ones, you may want to try shutting down SB and re-starting it again...

Donwloading in unwanted language - Pr.Sinister - 2010-09-23

I have Sick Beard set to download and replace lower quality files but it should parse the results and exclude languages we don't want...

Here is an example of what i didn't want it to download :

Durham.County.S02E03.Versunkene.Schuld.GERMAN.DUBBED.WS.720p.HDTV.x264-euHD

- sealbeater - 2010-09-23

Hi, I agree with the language parsing and exclusion. Just a note, I'm using gentoo with nzbget and so far, I'm not downloading anything, I get this in my logs:

Sep-22 19:25:04 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: No downloads were found
Sep-22 19:25:04 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: Provider gave result Star.Trek.TOS.S02E24.720p.Bluray.x264-FSiHD but that doesn't seem like a valid result for Star Trek so I'm ignoring it
Sep-22 19:24:53 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: Searching NZBs.org for Star.Trek.s02e24
Sep-22 19:24:53 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: Searching Bin-Req for Star.Trek.s02e24
Sep-22 19:24:53 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: Searching for Star.Trek.s02e24
Sep-22 19:24:53 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: Searching for download for Star.Trek.s02e24
Sep-22 19:23:39 INFO CP Server Thread-8 :: No downloads were found
Sep-22 19:23:29 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Auto processing file: /mnt/ssh.drive.0/TV.Series/Star.Trek.TOS/Star.Trek.S02E11.720p.mkv
Sep-22 19:23:29 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Processing failed for /mnt/ssh.drive.0/TV.Series/Star.Trek.TOS/star.trek.tos.s01e14.balance.of.terror.720p.hddvd.x264-hv.mkv
Sep-22 19:23:29 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Auto processing file: /mnt/ssh.drive.0/TV.Series/Star.Trek.TOS/star.trek.tos.s01e14.balance.of.terror.720p.hddvd.x264-hv.mkv

Have no idea why. In other news, this is a great piece of software, very good idea and I'm looking forward to having my box grab episodes. I should note that the box that is running SickBeard is also my xbmc box, which is pulling my videos from a NAS over ethernet using sshfs. To have the new episodes moved to their respective folder, do I have to specify anything or will me just having the show linked to the folder do it? Thanks again for this.

- sealbeater - 2010-09-24

I just wanted to comment that I've, so far, got everything working perfectly, it's grabbing nzbs, nzbget unrars them, it moves them, removes them from my nzbget download dir, renames them, xbmc currently doesn't seem to have it's webserver working but everything else is good.

I notice that it doesn't remove the original files but that is not a bad thing. Thanks for this, this is great...

- ECEC - 2010-09-24

What version/OS are you guys running that it doesn't delete the original files? Mine has been working fine. SAB dl's to a \sickbeardtemp dir and then SB moves/renames those files to my main TV dir. Is that not happening for y'all?

- Dina - 2010-09-24

Flomaster Wrote:what is your default quality setting for the show to be downloaded? are you using BEST? maybe you need to use a "CUSTOM" setting

change your custom settings if you don't want sab to search for BluRay rips

I got a related issue. I want it to look for SD and HD episodes first (preferably HD first, then SD), and after that 720p web and 720p normal. Don't care for 1080p. I got it on config, with HD and SD downloaded first, and HD, 720p web and 720p normal whenever they come available. Will this work?

- Dobyken - 2010-09-24

sealbeater Wrote:I just wanted to comment that I've, so far, got everything working perfectly, it's grabbing nzbs, nzbget unrars them, it moves them, removes them from my nzbget download dir, renames them, xbmc currently doesn't seem to have it's webserver working but everything else is good.

I notice that it doesn't remove the original files but that is not a bad thing. Thanks for this, this is great...

Check your config settings

Keep folder
If checked Sick Beard will keep the original files after
they've been processed