Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- skunkfu - 2010-10-15

Can SickBeard still be set up to organise shows and what not with just using Torrents and no SABnzbd? I havn't tried to yet thinking it needs sab, I could be wrong foh! Wink

- Flomaster - 2010-10-15

skunkfu Wrote:Can SickBeard still be set up to organise shows and what not with just using Torrents and no SABnzbd? I havn't tried to yet thinking it needs sab, I could be wrong foh! Wink

yes it can, you just go to add new show, but use the second option and add the root directory where you have all your tv shows stored, it will add them, download, nfo's , tbns, etc, you can then go into the show and have it rename your existing files if you wish.

-=Jason=-

- skunkfu - 2010-10-16

Thats awesome cheers! Big Grin

- Sylus - 2010-10-18

ringgh0st Wrote:any news according language selection? i'd love to use it for german series? or is there a workaround to get also german series?

I am also interested in this topic. However, as I could not find any german rss feeds which could be used with SB or CP and as the developers are not really interested in foreign series, it doesnt look like there will be any support for foreign seriens.

Mediainfo Variables for renaming - WingmanNZ - 2010-10-18

I have a request. Any chance of adding "mediainfo" to SickBeard to allow using video height and res, audio codec and channels etc as variables for renaming an episode?

the variables i wish to use are as follows

video.resolution = calculate if the file is 480p/i, SDp/i, 720p/i, 1080p/i using the heigh/width of the video and the progressive/interlaced info from the file using media info

audio.codec = the codec used - (ac3,mp3,dts,dtsma,truehd,pcm)
audio.channels = the number of audio channels available - 5.1 would be 6 channels
file.source = The source of the file (dvdrip,hdtv,bluray,hddvd) (using a regex to pull from the file name. default to "unknown as an option if it is not known)

I can help with any testing of code or examples.

I currently use "Filebot" with a very long "groovey" expression to accomplish this task but "Filebot" doesn't allow command line processing to allow passing a file to it and have it rename and output to a renamed folder. so any help to accomplish this as a feature for Sickbeard would be awesome.

I am hoping to use this work flow.

Sickbeard -> rename to correct name %Show% %HDflag% - S%Season%E%Episode% [%video.source%.%video.resolution%.%audio.codec%-%audio.channels%ch].EXT

note %HDFlag% is a custom variable that users can add if like me they rename there shows in XBMC to add (HD) to the actually name. so in XBMC TV Show Library i see any shows that are all HD are actually named "Lost (HD)" and SD shows are just the Name. this could be pulled from the "tvshow.nfo" in the TV Shows top level folder.

this would equal

Lost (HD) - S01E01 [bluray.1080p.dts-6ch].mkv

I am really fussy about sorting media and would love to get this made. if not build into sickbeard. allow sickbeard to call a custom renaming application and ill try and code this myself. and then pass a variable back to sickbeard to tell it the file has been renamed and moved to the correct folder. Sickbeard can then check that the file exists and mark is as downloaded.

note. if this got added to sickbeard you could then replace hdtv 720p rips with bluray 720 rips by checking the file names to see if you have hdtv files and then replace with bluray rips. (just a thought)

EDIT:

Having read this below,

Flomaster Wrote:yes it can, you just go to add new show, but use the second option and add the root directory where you have all your tv shows stored, it will add them, download, nfo's , tbns, etc, you can then go into the show and have it rename your existing files if you wish.

-=Jason=-

It might make sense to include this in sickbeard's renaming system. I would love to see this feature added and would happily provide some form of monetary incentive Smile or donation to the project.

The Amazing Race - Pr.Sinister - 2010-10-18

This is the second week that The Amazing Race doesn't download automatically. If i force a search it gets found but the auto one doesn't work.

Log says nothing needs to be downloaded yet the Air Date says today and it's unaired as a status

Quote:Oct-17 21:44:38 INFO BACKLOG :: Checking backlog for show The Amazing Race
Oct-17 21:44:38 DEBUG BACKLOG :: sickbeard.db: SELECT DISTINCT(season) as season FROM tv_episodes WHERE showid = ? AND season > 0 and airdate > ? with args [77666, 734055]
Oct-17 21:44:38 INFO BACKLOG :: Seeing if we need any episodes from The Amazing Race season 17
Oct-17 21:44:38 DEBUG BACKLOG :: sickbeard.db: SELECT status FROM tv_episodes WHERE showid = ? AND season = ? with args [77666, 17]
Oct-17 21:44:38 DEBUG BACKLOG :: Nothing in season 17 needs to be downloaded, skipping this season

- midgetspy - 2010-10-18

Wingman: well there is currently an extra_scripts functionality that you could use to do the custom renaming and call the media info stuff... integrating it into SB has been considered but I don't have any plans to do it any time soon.

Sinister: Do you have the log of the RSS feed failing to download it? It should switch from unaired to wanted at midnight and then the backlog search will catch it, is this not happening? Is it staying unaired after the airdate has passed?

- WingmanNZ - 2010-10-18

midgetspy Wrote:Wingman: well there is currently an extra_scripts functionality that you could use to do the custom renaming and call the media info stuff... integrating it into SB has been considered but I don't have any plans to do it any time soon.

I regards to the extra_scripts folder. can Sick beard pass the following variables out or have them made available in a temp file or pass them to the script when called?

maybe and advanced settings config file that allows the user to specify which values are passes to a script when one is called.

show.title
season.number
episode.number
episode.title
original.filename

from that i can then script the renaming stuff. It also means i don't have to code theTVDB look up for the filename and use regex stuff to get the episode info out of the filename.

thanks for your help mate. Great application!

- ringgh0st - 2010-10-18

Sylus Wrote:I am also interested in this topic. However, as I could not find any german rss feeds which could be used with SB or CP and as the developers are not really interested in foreign series, it doesnt look like there will be any support for foreign seriens.

you'd only have to set up one more search-phrase when looking for new episodes: "german"

yet the programm only look for f.i. "Mad Men" + "S06E01"
if you set up a third phrase "german" the Sickbeard would return the right result

i't couldnt be that problem imho Wink

- craigd - 2010-10-18

I have a bit of a feature request around the display of downloaded show totals.

I use the sort by downloads a lot to quickly check for any shows that might have missed episodes as particularly with some of the snaller british shows they don't always get nzb's.

At present it's really good as it ignores missing specials and does not include shows that have an air date in the future.

At present it includes episodes that are in seasons but don't have an air date so when people update shows in tvdb with upcoming episodes but don't know the air date sickbeard sees it as a missing download even though it's not an avaiable file.

an example at present would be modern family which currently shows 28/31 downloads, these are:
6 specials: none downloaded
28 aired episodes: all downloaded
2 episodes with future dates
and then 3 more future episodes with no airdate currently which are seen on the main page as missing.

Is there any way these episodes could also be ignored from the count if not downloaded in the same way other unaired episodes are?

- mra6368 - 2010-10-18

I have nzbs snatched ok. But sickbeard will not download the files. When i do a manual search, no download found, but the files are on the various sitesHuh??

- ECEC - 2010-10-18

So I've been fighting Sickbeard lately. It seems to run away with CPU usage on a nightly basis. I'm running from source on a Windows Home Server box. Every morning, I'll find python.exe and tgitcache.exe taking up all my CPU. I've updated tgit, but I'm not really familiar with running things from source like this so I don't really know where to start looking. I don't see anything weird in the python window (besides a reference to me not having "NameMapper") and there's nothing in the SB logs.

What can I do to track down the issue?

mra6368 Wrote:I have nzbs snatched ok. But sickbeard will not download the files. When i do a manual search, no download found, but the files are on the various sitesHuh??

Check your quality settings. If you're searching for BluRay rips and they aren't available, Sickbeard won't find them. Also check the logs to make sure your providers are configured correctly.

- mra6368 - 2010-10-18

Quality is custom, SD or HD then replace with HD. How do i check the log for providers?

- ECEC - 2010-10-18

mra6368 Wrote:Quality is custom, SD or HD then replace with HD. How do i check the log for providers?

Hit the logs button at the top right and you might see some errors there. Otherwise, the root folder of Sickbeard should have a \logs dir that goes into more detail.

- mra6368 - 2010-10-18

I get this

2010-10-18 19:09:41.096785 CP Server Thread-8 :: Error trying to load NZBs.org RSS feed: syntax error: line 1, column 21