Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- mra6368 - 2010-10-18

Now when i go to
http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/commits/
i see no download tab for the latest version
where should i go?
i run sickbeard from terminal on my MAC

- bcboncs - 2010-10-18

I tried to search before asking the question and only found some information regarding source updater but...

Anyone know how to adjust the intervals at which Sickbeard synchronizes with the 'Search Providers'? E.g. nzbmatrix.com had Dexter, Rubicon, and Mad Men pretty early in 720p after the show was over. Sickbeard would not recognize that these files were there when manually trying to Search for the designated episode.

Is there any way to change the interval at which SickBeard re-synchronizes to the Search Provider websites?

Thanks all and sorry again if this was already asked/answered.
bc

- Flomaster - 2010-10-18

EDIT:

looks like my autoProcessTV.cfg file is fuber.... FML

now to try and fix it from work

-=Jason=-

- WingmanNZ - 2010-10-18

WingmanNZ Wrote:I regards to the extra_scripts folder. can Sick beard pass the following variables out or have them made available in a temp file or pass them to the script when called?

maybe and advanced settings config file that allows the user to specify which values are passes to a script when one is called.

show.title
season.number
episode.number
episode.title
original.filename

from that i can then script the renaming stuff. It also means i don't have to code theTVDB look up for the filename and use regex stuff to get the episode info out of the filename.

thanks for your help mate. Great application!
I had a brain wave last night. I was testing sickbeards renaming and allowing it to assign the source tag at the end of the file is great. I can parse the filename for that and use that. are you able to allow custom naming of the source tags? maybe as part of your settings?

so instead of having "HD TV"
allow one to have "hdtv" or "HDTV" or even better allow it to be inside "()" or "[]" like so. [HDTV], [BLURAY 720p], [BLURAY 1080p], [SDTV], [DVD].

and also detect this when processing a folder containing episodes. so if it finds that in the title assume that is the source.

I take it that you use the 720p or 1080p when naming stuff as bluray.

thanks for this.

if this is the case i can just run a python script that is called half way through your renaming process. so sickbeard moves/copies the file and renames it your way then calls my script which parses the file name and adds extra info to the filename using mediainfo.

thanks for your help.

- skunkfu - 2010-10-18

Helloo chaps.

Have a little problem, not sure if its something I'm missing but will give it a shot. The SB coming ep page doesn't display the thumbnails. When I give the image a view this error appears.
http://pastebin.ca/1966213
I'm foreign with this so sorry in advance. I have 'create images' in config unticked (I trust xbmc to handle this) so Im not sure if this is why? Thank youu.

- Flomaster - 2010-10-19

n/m I got it working

- midgetspy - 2010-10-19

craigd Wrote:I have a bit of a feature request around the display of downloaded show totals.

I use the sort by downloads a lot to quickly check for any shows that might have missed episodes as particularly with some of the snaller british shows they don't always get nzb's.

At present it's really good as it ignores missing specials and does not include shows that have an air date in the future.

At present it includes episodes that are in seasons but don't have an air date so when people update shows in tvdb with upcoming episodes but don't know the air date sickbeard sees it as a missing download even though it's not an avaiable file.

an example at present would be modern family which currently shows 28/31 downloads, these are:
6 specials: none downloaded
28 aired episodes: all downloaded
2 episodes with future dates
and then 3 more future episodes with no airdate currently which are seen on the main page as missing.

Is there any way these episodes could also be ignored from the count if not downloaded in the same way other unaired episodes are?

Yes this is something I know is broken but haven't figured out a good solution.

ECEC Wrote:So I've been fighting Sickbeard lately. It seems to run away with CPU usage on a nightly basis. I'm running from source on a Windows Home Server box. Every morning, I'll find python.exe and tgitcache.exe taking up all my CPU. I've updated tgit, but I'm not really familiar with running things from source like this so I don't really know where to start looking. I don't see anything weird in the python window (besides a reference to me not having "NameMapper") and there's nothing in the SB logs.

What can I do to track down the issue?

Did it start within the last few days? Do you have it set to check for new versions? If so try turning that off and see if it makes a difference.

mra6368 Wrote:Now when i go to
http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/commits/
i see no download tab for the latest version
where should i go?
i run sickbeard from terminal on my MAC

There is a download link at http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard, or if you're running from git just git pull.

bcboncs Wrote:I tried to search before asking the question and only found some information regarding source updater but...

Anyone know how to adjust the intervals at which Sickbeard synchronizes with the 'Search Providers'? E.g. nzbmatrix.com had Dexter, Rubicon, and Mad Men pretty early in 720p after the show was over. Sickbeard would not recognize that these files were there when manually trying to Search for the designated episode.

Is there any way to change the interval at which SickBeard re-synchronizes to the Search Provider websites?

Thanks all and sorry again if this was already asked/answered.
bc

There is an option in the Episode Downloads config. The RSS is cached though to respect each providers rules so if it recently searched and you force a search it isn't going to reload the RSS necessarily.

WingmanNZ Wrote:I had a brain wave last night. I was testing sickbeards renaming and allowing it to assign the source tag at the end of the file is great. I can parse the filename for that and use that. are you able to allow custom naming of the source tags? maybe as part of your settings?

so instead of having "HD TV"
allow one to have "hdtv" or "HDTV" or even better allow it to be inside "()" or "[]" like so. [HDTV], [BLURAY 720p], [BLURAY 1080p], [SDTV], [DVD].

and also detect this when processing a folder containing episodes. so if it finds that in the title assume that is the source.

I take it that you use the 720p or 1080p when naming stuff as bluray.

thanks for this.

if this is the case i can just run a python script that is called half way through your renaming process. so sickbeard moves/copies the file and renames it your way then calls my script which parses the file name and adds extra info to the filename using mediainfo.

thanks for your help.

As it is it will pick up any files containing the text of the quality level (SD TV, SD DVD, 720p TV, 720p WEB-DL, 720p BluRay, 1080p BluRay). Brackets around them shouldn't matter. If you want custom naming rules you would have to add them to Quality.nameQuality() in common.py. You could change them in SB's files with an extra_script by replacing SB's labels with your own in the file names.

skunkfu Wrote:Helloo chaps.

Have a little problem, not sure if its something I'm missing but will give it a shot. The SB coming ep page doesn't display the thumbnails. When I give the image a view this error appears.
http://pastebin.ca/1966213
I'm foreign with this so sorry in advance. I have 'create images' in config unticked (I trust xbmc to handle this) so Im not sure if this is why? Thank youu.

SB just uses the images in your show dir for the coming episodes page, if you have images turned off there is nothing to show. This is a common request.

- WingmanNZ - 2010-10-19

midgetspy Wrote:As it is it will pick up any files containing the text of the quality level (SD TV, SD DVD, 720p TV, 720p WEB-DL, 720p BluRay, 1080p BluRay). Brackets around them shouldn't matter. If you want custom naming rules you would have to add them to Quality.nameQuality() in common.py. You could change them in SB's files with an extra_script by replacing SB's labels with your own in the file names.

Code:
qualityStrings = {NONE: "N/A",
                      UNKNOWN: "[Unknown.Quality]",
                      SDTV: "[SDTV]",
                      SDDVD: "[SDDVD]",
                      HDTV: "[HDTV]",
                      HDWEBDL: "[Web-DL.720p]",
                      HDBLURAY: "[Bluray.720p]",
                      FULLHDBLURAY: "[Bluray.1080p]"}

would the above work?

also do you assume that all media that is classed as hdtv is 720p?

edit: for the extra scripts to work. do you call the script after SB has finished processing the file? as it. the file was copied to the season folder and renamed then calls the extra script?

can you call a VB script? or python only?

It is my hope to code a script to call a VB Script file to rename files using info from passing the file through mediainfo and then after renaming the file, run it through an if statement and if the file is an MKV pass it to an MKVCleaner program im getting some help to write that will keep only the audio track and video track and export any subtitles, placing the new MKV and the subtitles in the final location then telling SB it is done.

im hoping to get this done without to much hassle Smile

- midgetspy - 2010-10-19

It might work, it would change all the strings in the UI as well but if you want that I can't think why it would break anything. The extra_scripts are called after SB is finished its own post processing. You can call anything that is executable.

- ECEC - 2010-10-19

midgetspy Wrote:Did it start within the last few days? Do you have it set to check for new versions? If so try turning that off and see if it makes a difference.

It's been happening for at least a month, but I did have the flag checked. I'll let you know tomorrow if it helped at all. Thanks!

- cosmicr - 2010-10-20

hey I'm loving sickbeard, I have it set up and am pretty happy with it.

I have a few questions/comments though:

- I have a backlog of Entourage eps to pick up, does the backlog search run at startup? It doesnt seem to be finding them, however if I click the 'search' link it finds them. Other shows seem to work. Am I missing something?

- For some series I only started collecting at for example season 3, so I had to go into them and click Ignore for the earlier episodes, otherwise the 'progress' bar showed I was missing some(read: a lot) episodes.

- Which leads me into my next question, is there any chance of improving the interface? Some of the links are kinda circular (ie more than one way to get to a page) which is sort of okay, but it can get confusing as to where you are. Also, prettier would be nice too. I'd like to help if possible. CouchPotato is good inspiration. And also tooltips or help boxes or something on each page would be good.

- I realise its free and a hobby project/etc. so I'd like to offer my help where possible.

- Also is this thread the 'official' support, or is it the forum on sickbeard.com or is it the link in the sabnzbd+ forums?

- midgetspy - 2010-10-20

Backlog runs an hour after startup but only if it hasn't run in x days (defined in your settings). I hate UI work, tbh it's a miracle the UI isn't any worse hehe. You're definitely welcome to make a new theme/UI, you can do it entirely by editing the .tmpl files in sickbeard/data/interfaces/default/. If I like it I'll make it the official one or at least an available choice :0)

- ECEC - 2010-10-20

ECEC Wrote:It's been happening for at least a month, but I did have the flag checked. I'll let you know tomorrow if it helped at all. Thanks!

No dice. Same problem this morning. Any other ideas?

- WingmanNZ - 2010-10-20

Can you please explain what the default processing rules are for a Show when using

"SD"
"HD"
"BEST"

Does "HD" find the best HD the first time and auto re-download bluray.720p when its available?

and does "SD" find the best SD the first time and auto re-download SD DVD when its available?

also if I have

HDTV,WEB-DL & Bluray 720p selected as first download and Bluray 720p for the re download. will it get the bluray 720p on the first download if its available and skip the web-dl and HDTV?

- bcboncs - 2010-10-20

midgetspy Wrote:There is an option in the Episode Downloads config. The RSS is cached though to respect each providers rules so if it recently searched and you force a search it isn't going to reload the RSS necessarily.

Is there a way to edit the RSS reload intervals? I love the way everything operates but I need my TV fix on Sundays! =)

Thanks,
bc