Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ECEC - 2010-10-29

midgetspy Wrote:Shouldn't matter, there are people with way bigger libraries without problems. The fact that it has anything to do with tgit.exe makes me think it's not just a straight up SB bug... maybe try running it from a source zip rather than git and see if that helps?

Well, after removing those two, I didn't get the problem this morning. I have a relatively slow CPU in my server (and unfortunately my motherboard doesn't support upgrading to anything more powerful), so that could be the problem. If it happens again, I'll be sure to try a source zip and see if that helps.

- HTPC4Me - 2010-10-30

I'm completely new here, and I'm sure I'm missing a key guide or post or something - there's an overwhelming amount in this thread. I've got my XBMC setup with SickBeard, SABnzbd, and uTorrent. It's doing a great job a monitoring my shows and downloading new episodes. What I can't seem to understand though is how I'm supposed to actually add new shows. To get the existing shows setup, I created an empty directory, then added it with SickBeard. Although that works, the problem I now have is that XBMC shows all directories, and I can't tell which ones have new episodes available and which don't.

My goal of this was to replace our current cable subscription, and this seems like the one key thing I'm missing - we need a way to easily tell what's new and what we have/haven't watched yet. It would also be nice if there was a user-friendly way to add new shows (something my wife/kids could manage).

Does it exist?

- blacklist - 2010-10-30

It sounds like you are using the file view of XMBC. Switch over to the Library view and I think you will find everything you're looking for - including episode counts and watched/unwatched counts. Also, there is a lable for "Recently Added" which will show you the last 20 or shows or so that were added. Alot of that depends on which skin you are using, but in the stock Confluence all of these features are supported.

HTPC4Me Wrote:I'm completely new here, and I'm sure I'm missing a key guide or post or something - there's an overwhelming amount in this thread. I've got my XBMC setup with SickBeard, SABnzbd, and uTorrent. It's doing a great job a monitoring my shows and downloading new episodes. What I can't seem to understand though is how I'm supposed to actually add new shows. To get the existing shows setup, I created an empty directory, then added it with SickBeard. Although that works, the problem I now have is that XBMC shows all directories, and I can't tell which ones have new episodes available and which don't.

My goal of this was to replace our current cable subscription, and this seems like the one key thing I'm missing - we need a way to easily tell what's new and what we have/haven't watched yet. It would also be nice if there was a user-friendly way to add new shows (something my wife/kids could manage).

Does it exist?

- HTPC4Me - 2010-10-30

blacklist Wrote:It sounds like you are using the file view of XBMC. Switch over to the Library view and I think you will find everything you're looking for - including episode counts and watched/unwatched counts. Also, there is a lable for "Recently Added" which will show you the last 20 or shows or so that were added..

Thanks - exactly the bit of information I needed. I didn't realize I was missing the view options (which I got to by pressing right when at the video screen). Now for a follow-up (hopefully equally as easy...):

Can I have it show all folders *except* the completely empty ones? Or can I get rid of the empty folders now that I have my subscriptions setup (and have Sick Beard auto-recreate as new episodes air)?

And can you answer the question about if/how the wife and kids can easily add their own shows? I'm thinking there's likely a plug-in or add-on for such a feature, but I haven't found it yet.

- subvertbeats - 2010-10-31

Hello

Thanks for all your work on this, wondering if you could help me get up and running.

I get the following error when trying to run sickbeard

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SickBeard.py", line 24, in <module>
ImportError: No module named multiprocessing

Ive tried Python v 2.6, 2.7 and 3.1.2, all with the same behaviour.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

- midgetspy - 2010-10-31

http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html

multiprocessing should be available on any 2.6+ python, if it isn't there is some kind of problem with your python installation.

midgetspy Wrote:http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html

multiprocessing should be available on any 2.6+ python, if it isn't there is some kind of problem with your python installation.

Thanks midgetspy - yes thats what I understood too, that multiprocessing module was introduced with 2.6 and then backported for use with 2.4 and 2.5

Im running win 7 x64, and have tried installing x86 and x64 flavours of Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.1.2, and they all install with no errors, yet all exhibit the same issues with sickbeard.

Any advice as to where to start looking?

So I just tried the previous 462 build and it works immediately without issue.

Tried the 463 build again and same errors.

- midgetspy - 2010-10-31

If you're using a windows build then you don't need python at all... both builds were compiled with 2.6.4 so there isn't any reason I can think that they'd differ.

- flamez - 2010-10-31

Just wanted to Thank you for all your Hard work on Sickbeard! I really like the update feature.

Thanks for the reply.

Im happy that 462 is working here now.
If you want me to provide any further info, just let me know - Ive re-verified and 463 always gives that same error, whilst 462 works with no problem.

Thanks again for a very cool bit of SW

- bencorn - 2010-10-31

Just wondering about a feature I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing or isn't there. What I would like to do is have several custom settings or be able to customize the presets. For example:

HD:
Get 720 tv, upgrade to 720 blu

SD
Get SD tv, upgrade to SD dvd

Custom would work but I could only do it for one or the other. And BEST doesn't seem right because some shows come out at 720 or 1080 but I would prefer them to download sd and then upgrade to SD dvd.

I hope that makes sense. Basically a way to customize the settings a little more, unless this is what they already do?

Ive made a donation to say thank you for developing this sw.

Good stuff Smile

Quick Q: I dont see newzbin in the search providers list - how do I integrate with newzbin?

- bencorn - 2010-10-31

Nevermind my post above, I just figured out that Custom only applies initially, and that I can do it individually on a series to series basis. Thanks for the amazing program, keep up the great work.