Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- midgetspy - 2010-11-12

You can always just delete the .git folder and not use git... but I've added a new line of logging, pastebin that and maybe we can solve it.

Running autoProcessTV.py manually? - Tiny Clanger - 2010-11-13

I've just had postprocessing fail on a series (because all the episodes were named koth.s03exx rather than King.Of.The.Hill.s03exx, causing the database lookup to not get a match).

I've renamed the episodes, but how can I rerun autoProcessTV.py on them? Looking at the source, it just seems to have the AuthURLOpener class and the processEpisode function, so nothing runs when I run python autoProcessTV.py <foldername>. SABnzbd's interface doesn't seem to have anything that would redo postprocessing, either.

Am I stuck manually generating .nfo files for this lot?

Thanks

- Nick8888 - 2010-11-13

manual post process in sickbeards web interface menu

- Tiny Clanger - 2010-11-13

Doh — looked everywhere except the bit of the Sick Beard interface that had the answer. Next time, I'll have coffee first…

Thanks!

- Dobyken - 2010-11-13

Tiny Clanger Wrote:I've just had postprocessing fail on a series (because all the episodes were named koth.s03exx rather than King.Of.The.Hill.s03exx, causing the database lookup to not get a match).
Thanks

If Sickbeard was Really good software it would know what "koth" meant. Why can't Sickbeard mimic a human brain? It could most likely be done with only 10 billion lines of code or less. Actually I'm amazed at how good this software is. We've been given the ability to pretty much eliminate our Cable Bill, DVR, PVR, Post Processing, Commercial Flagging and File Moving/Renaming all with one program.

- kulprit - 2010-11-14

Actually if it worked like xbmc, it wouldn't matter that the file was named koth.whatever. as long as the whatever made sense into a regex string of season and episode. XBMC uses the parent folder as the show name, and i thought sickbeard would do the same thing.

- gorgeth - 2010-11-14

Much of the problem is the interactions required to make this "seem" automatic..

You have the parsing of the tv database sites to get show names/info, then you have the parsing of rss feeds/nzb sites to get at the files.. and finally you have to make sense of the resulting file and match it back to a show name and episode number...

Which is why strange things happen like sickbeard grabbing a show via Torrent RSS feed.. but refusing to parse it into a valid episode..

IE sick knows we want to grab new episodes of "insert show name here" and faithfully grabs them.. but the conversion of that file into a proper epsiode in the XBMC database is more stringent and requires a near perfect match ..

The main reason (in my guesswork) is that it is FAR easier to manually force Sickbeard to process a show you moved from \downloads into \tv\insertshownamehere\seasonX\ and renamed S01E04.avi/mkv/whatever.. and then hit "rename files" for that show..

than it is to figure out which show is "bad" or poorly named (and perhaps overwrite an already downloaded show in the library) just because you "think" it might be the right show...

I will make a guarantee that if the behavior was changed to be "looser" at matching.. their would be legions of folks wanting to strangle the developer of this thing Tongue

- Archigos - 2010-11-14

Nick, if possible I'd like to work with you via Instant Messenger to help me figure out the reasons behind an error I'm getting all the time when trying to add shows.

I started out trying Sick Beard on an XP Mode install inside Windows 7 (on my laptop) and it seemed to work fine but I couldn't add any of my shows because of the way I had that environment configured, while playing around with it I noticed you allowed interaction with Growl and SABnzdb so when I went to set this up in a live environment (on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine used as a server) I installed and configured those two applications first.

Not sure what information you'd need about what I'm using or what I did, so here's what I hope helps:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (IIS7, PHP, MySQL, Python 2.7, etc. for/from other projects)
Installed Cheetah 2.4.2 into Python (one of the topics I read recommended this)
Installed and Configured SABzbd+
Installed and Configured Growl
Loaded the latest SickBeard Windows package (running it via the SickBeard-console.exe)
Configured it for the above packages and everything else except the "Add Shows"
At this point whenever I click "Add Shows" and try to add multiple shows (second option) it doesn't matter what I have checked as it will throw an error almost immediatly...

Quote:500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyo", line 660, in respond
File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyo", line 193, in __call__
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyo", line 25, in __call__
File "sickbeard\webserve.pyo", line 1178, in addShows
File "sickbeard\metadata.pyo", line 126, in getTVDBIDFromNFO
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

While playing around with trying to get it to work I have managed to add some of my shows via the 'add multiple' that are located on a different drive but still got the above error many times. All the shows/files I'm trying to add are on physical hard drives in the system and all software/packages listed above are all located on the same system as well. I've also tried adding the shows one at a time via the top option and picking the shows individual directory. At this point I can't seem to add any more shows without getting the error 100% of the time now. (I've managed to load 78 of 158 shows, pretty much all the shows that are no longer airing)

At one point while looking at the CherryPy error I decided to research that and have since installed their latest package directly into Python as well and still have the same problem since I assume you've encoded your package to use the built in version.

Again, any help would be appreciated, I know this is long but if any other info is needed let me know.

- Archigos - 2010-11-14

My apologies to all... after hours and hours of screwing around with this I noticed one of the shows 'tvshow.nfo' was missing the id from TheTVDB so I fixed that and it seemed to add fine, I ran another program that I've been using in the past for management (which I'm unhappy with that software and that was the reasoning behind trying this out) and noticed almost all the shows in the folder I mentioned were missing the id for some reason (always seemed to have it before), so I started fixing them manually and figured... "Hey, what happens if I try to add a show that doesn't already have the tvshow.nfo?" and it gave me the selection to pick the correct show.
At this point I said screw it and closed SickBeard, then I went to each of my media root folders and deleted EVERY nfo for the shows. Afterwhich I deleted the entire SickBeard directory (minus the config.ini) and copied a fresh set over, after launching it this time it seems to be adding each fine so far. I just hope it recreated the nfo's for the individual episodes as I haven't checked that yet... (it's processing all 158 shows right now so I'll check when it's done).

Thanks again for the wonderful software... if all goes well I'll just have one thing left to fix with MediaFrontPage, but that's off-topic.

- Dobyken - 2010-11-14

Archigos Wrote:At this point I said screw it and closed SickBeard, then I went to each of my media root folders and deleted EVERY nfo for the shows. Afterwhich I deleted the entire SickBeard directory (minus the config.ini) and copied a fresh set over, after launching it this time it seems to be adding each fine so far. I just hope it recreated the nfo's for the individual episodes as I haven't checked that yet... (it's processing all 158 shows right now so I'll check when it's done).

Thanks again for the wonderful software... if all goes well I'll just have one thing left to fix with MediaFrontPage, but that's off-topic.

I don't use the .nfo files at all and just let XBMC import the file during the scan. Is there a benefit to using nfo's?

- Archigos - 2010-11-14

First benefit that comes to mind is if your internet is down it will pull the info from the NFO (XBMC gives priority to NFO's as well) Smile There are other benefits too, I just never really looked into it or cared, just figured since I have the means to make them, why not?

- kricker - 2010-11-15

Last I used the SB nfo files, they were not fully compatible with XBMC. This leads to issues when looking for poster, fanart or episode info from within XBMC. Maybe this has been fixed since then. I was just happy when SB didn't need nfo files anymore.

- Tiny Clanger - 2010-11-15

Dobyken Wrote:If Sickbeard was Really good software it would know what "koth" meant. Why can't Sickbeard mimic a human brain? It could most likely be done with only 10 billion lines of code or less.

You're sounding just like half the users where I work. Except they actually mean it Wink

Maybe Sickbeard could use the name of the parent folder as the series if there's no series matched from the filename, though - assuming that matches (it did in this case...)

- mtehonica - 2010-11-15

mtehonica Wrote:Still having trouble using the Update Now button. I manually did a git pull earlier today and now it shows I'm 6 commits behind so I tried it again. Now I'm getting this in the debug log: http://pastebin.com/3Ax0eigb

Still not able to update using the Update Now button. Getting the same error as before. I even copied my db and config, deleted sickbeard, created a new directory, did a 'git init' and a '/usr/bin/git pull http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git' and then copied my config and my db back and the next time there was an update it failed with the same error. It should be noted that I'm running CouchPotato also and the git autoupdate for that works fine. So it doesn't appear to be a git path/brokn issue.

- mtehonica - 2010-11-15

mtehonica Wrote:Still not able to update using the Update Now button. Getting the same error as before. I even copied my db and config, deleted sickbeard, created a new directory, did a 'git init' and a '/usr/bin/git pull http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git' and then copied my config and my db back and the next time there was an update it failed with the same error. It should be noted that I'm running CouchPotato also and the git autoupdate for that works fine. So it doesn't appear to be a git path/brokn issue.

I'm also getting a 500 Internal Server error when trying to update. http://pastebin.com/sT73Mp4A