Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- bnevets27 - 2010-11-16

Couple questions.

Does sick beard re-snatch an episode if it has stayed in a snatched state for a period of time? Say like after a week?

This issue has been marked as fixed:
http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=591

The original issue/request has been met but within the comments are some additions to it, should I open a new issue/request?

- midgetspy - 2010-11-16

Sure - the reason it's "half" done is because I don't know of a good way to do the rest. There is too much data and too many different ways to see it and things to do with it that I don't know of a good way to make the UI without just ending up with a huge mess.

- bnevets27 - 2010-11-16

That makes sense. I just didn't want it to get lost. Is there any hope of the backlog page getting more features like that or no? It is by no means a feature that is needed right now, its more of a would just be nice to see type thing.

With that being said. I would like to be able to just mark all skipped episodes as wanted in one shot. Only for shows that aren't paused by the user. Doesn't need a UI at all just a button. Or if there if there was an option to automatically change skipped episodes to wanted.

Anyway you could implement that is fine.

I don't quite understand exactly what state an episode marked as "skipped" is in. Could you point me to where I might find out or let me know? I assume that it means the episode will not be downloaded. That's why I want the ability to change the episode to a state that it will get downloaded.

Thanks for all your work midgetspy

How do i fix this Python Error? - Pr.Sinister - 2010-11-17

Started getting this a few weeks back...

Quote:ValueError: I/O operation on closed file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 71, in emit
if self.shouldRollover(record):
File "C:\Python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 145, in shouldRollover
self.stream.seek(0, 2) #due to non-posix-compliant Windows feature
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 71, in emit
if self.shouldRollover(record):
File "C:\Python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 145, in shouldRollover
self.stream.seek(0, 2) #due to non-posix-compliant Windows feature
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

I usually have to Force Close SB cause the shutdown won't work from that state...those errors just keep going and going like the energizer bunny...

- Dobyken - 2010-11-17

Tiny Clanger Wrote:You're sounding just like half the users where I work. Except they actually mean it Wink

Maybe Sickbeard could use the name of the parent folder as the series if there's no series matched from the filename, though - assuming that matches (it did in this case...)

That actually wouldn't be to difficult to find the SxxExx info if you have the episode title...just a simple sql "like" statement. It's usually not needed in SB proper as it's known what episode is being download but if someone were to download 2 or 3 seasons of a series that doesn't have episode numbers it would be handy in the manual processing function. Just about all the series renamers only pull the episode title from the season/episode number. Only gotcha is if you don't already have the list of episodes in your SB setup then it would all need to be downloaded unless there's a function in theTVDB to search on episode title.

- abom - 2010-11-17

wow amazing tool, thanks!

I spend a little time trying to figure out how to install it on my NAS, but gave up. Unfortunately I could only find Python 2.4.4 for my NAS and I think only Cheetah 2.0.1 is installed on it... If someone has some experience installing SB on an Intel based ReadyNAS, I'd love some guidance Big Grin I'm not a total Linux noob, but I dont work with it daily so...

Sofar I have sabnzbd running on my NAS and SB on my HTPC, that combo is working for me for now, but I would like to move it all to my NAS.

ASUS RT-N16 Fundraising Raffle for Sick Beard - daemox - 2010-11-18

Introduction

Greetings, I am pleased to announce starting immediately a fundraising raffle for one ASUS RT-N16 router (MSRP $99) fully loaded with TomatoUSB firmware has begun.

The router is brand new and has only been gently removed from the packaging to ensure that it is functional from the store and to load TomatoUSB on it.

All proceeds, one-hundred percent, are going straight to Sick Beard the Internet PVR FOSS project featured here at Ainer.org and SpaceMonkeyNet.org.

The SABnzbd+ Usenet client FOSS project was also approached but they have graciously declined so that the funds could go toward the newer of the two projects.

For the rest of the details visit my site at http://www.ainer.org/?p=1040.

- Tiny Clanger - 2010-11-18

Dobyken Wrote:That actually wouldn't be to difficult to find the SxxExx info if you have the episode title...just a simple sql "like" statement. It's usually not needed in SB proper as it's known what episode is being download but if someone were to download 2 or 3 seasons of a series that doesn't have episode numbers it would be handy in the manual processing function. Just about all the series renamers only pull the episode title from the season/episode number. Only gotcha is if you don't already have the list of episodes in your SB setup then it would all need to be downloaded unless there's a function in theTVDB to search on episode title.

Well, I had the SxxExx and the episode title - it was the show title that was AWOL, so nothing matched. The path was something similar to King Of The Hill s3/koth - s03e01 - episode title.avi, which is why I was thinking looking at the parent folder for the name would help in these circumstances...

- danz0l - 2010-11-18

I was wondering what happens to snatched files that are marked snatched by never successfully downloads ? I have been re-enabling them manually either as Wanted (if i dont currently have that particular episode) or in the quality i currently have but is that productive ? Does sickbeard check these and mark them as not complete, say on a next backlog search ? Just wondering if i'm making a rod for my own back that has already been addressed and solved.

- Dobyken - 2010-11-19

Tiny Clanger Wrote:Well, I had the SxxExx and the episode title - it was the show title that was AWOL, so nothing matched. The path was something similar to King Of The Hill s3/koth - s03e01 - episode title.avi, which is why I was thinking looking at the parent folder for the name would help in these circumstances...

Yupp..I've run into that a few times on seasons that I've downloaded. I just use Thunar file manager to bulk search and replace to rename the files which takes about 10 seconds but it would be nice if everything was automated. What takes me the most time is when I only have the episode titles and I have to manually compare them to the TVDB to get the episode numbers. Torrents were more of an issue as it seems that most Usenet episodes are properly named.

- Kode - 2010-11-19

Ok, I don't know if this has been mentioned, not checked the thread lately, and it might already have been fixed, not on the very latest release, but I've had this happen to me twice, on different versions, so thought I'd put this out here as a warning.

Some episodes sickbeard doesn't find so i have to manually find them, i forget to manually make them use the sickbeard post processing script and they usually come down overnight so my unraid cache script moves them onto the array, this isn't a big issue, I just run the manual post processing, and everything is fine.

The issue is after processing the first file, the path is in search bar, so I just delete the part that is no longer relevant (in this case leaving /mnt/disk4) and hit enter instead of the browse button, sickbeard gives no real indication you have made a major fsck up, but you have.

In the background it is now processing disk4, and what happens is every single episode that is both on disk 4, and in sickbeards library is deleted.

You probably wont realise that though until the next day when you look in sickbeard and suddenly realise a big chunk of your library no longer shows up in sickbeard, check your drive and sure enough, all gone.

Not complaining or anything, just giving a warning out to people.

- sufreak - 2010-11-19

Hey..I'm new to Sickbeard (and usenet as a whole). I am trying to install it and noticed that the Git download link wasn't working. Google is your friend, but I just wanted to call that out.

Also, it would be cool if you could explain in the install docs what each component does, if they are optional. (If not, no worries.)

- daemox - 2010-11-20

sufreak Wrote:Hey..I'm new to Sickbeard (and usenet as a whole). I am trying to install it and noticed that the Git download link wasn't working. Google is your friend, but I just wanted to call that out.

Also, it would be cool if you could explain in the install docs what each component does, if they are optional. (If not, no worries.)

What link isn't working for you? Which install docs are you using? What components do you think would be optional?

@danzol -- Currently, you have to do as you are. It's something that's known and on the bug list though! Smile

- danz0l - 2010-11-20

daemox Wrote:What link isn't working for you? Which install docs are you using? What components do you think would be optional?

@danzol -- Currently, you have to do as you are. It's something that's known and on the bug list though! Smile

Thanks mate Smile

- darkscout - 2010-11-20

Confirmed working under Solaris Express 11. I have it set up as a service.