Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- archangel - 2010-01-24

I've been using SickBeard for a week now and I am liking it very much.

I have a quick question about the TV scraping.

I was using revision 221 and I noticed that each time I clicked Refresh (which I was doing a lot in order to get all my shows updated properly) it would go through all of the episodes twice.

I downloaded 225 tonight and now it appears that it is only going through once.

Has the method of scraping changed now? Can you provide a couple of details on how it goes about getting the info and writing it into the DB/NFO files?

Thanks again for a great app!!

- Ryoga79 - 2010-01-24

I'm currently running rev 225 and seem to be having a problem processing my backlog when using the "force backlog" command. It will run fine for a large chunk of the backlog, and will eventually throw the error below (note that the XXXXX is just there in place of what i'm looking for, to protect the innocent):

[11:34:26 AM] <BACKLOG::MESSAGE> Searching for XXXXX
[11:34:26 AM] <BACKLOG::MESSAGE> Searching newzbin for XXXXX
[11:34:28 AM] <BACKLOG::MESSAGE> Found a newzbin report: ['<!DOCTYPE html\n']
[11:34:28 AM] <BACKLOG::ERROR> Exception generated in thread BACKLOG: list index out of range

At which point the backlog processing thread dies. If i tell it to force the backlog again, it says "backlog thread is running in the background", but doesn't actually appear to be doing anything. At this point, i have to shut down SickBeard and restart it to be able to process the backlog again, at which point it will run for a while and eventually have the same error. Is it possible to have some "error tolerance" in the backlog processor, so that if it recieves an error from newzbin, it won't completely derail the process?

P.S. here's my setup:
Sickbeard Alpha r225
SabNZBd 0.5.0RC3
Windows Server 2003 R2
All apps running on the same box.

Any thoughts?

- fekker - 2010-01-25

Wow, very nicely done! I'm impressed.

- snubz - 2010-01-25

Just wanted to say I've started using this and it's excellent! Currently running it on my Windows 7 machine, but am want to try it on my QNAP TS-409. There was another user earlier who had the same NAS... any tips on getting it running?

Anyway, this post is really only about the logo: just noticed it and it totally rocks! Love the name Sick Beard too, even though I have no clue what it means.

Keep up the good fight, midgetspy!

- midgetspy - 2010-01-25

Ryoga79 Wrote:I'm currently running rev 225 and seem to be having a problem processing my backlog when using the "force backlog" command. It will run fine for a large chunk of the backlog, and will eventually throw the error below (note that the XXXXX is just there in place of what i'm looking for, to protect the innocent):

[11:34:26 AM] <BACKLOG::MESSAGE> Searching for XXXXX
[11:34:26 AM] <BACKLOG::MESSAGE> Searching newzbin for XXXXX
[11:34:28 AM] <BACKLOG::MESSAGE> Found a newzbin report: ['<!DOCTYPE html\n']
[11:34:28 AM] <BACKLOG::ERROR> Exception generated in thread BACKLOG: list index out of range

At which point the backlog processing thread dies. If i tell it to force the backlog again, it says "backlog thread is running in the background", but doesn't actually appear to be doing anything. At this point, i have to shut down SickBeard and restart it to be able to process the backlog again, at which point it will run for a while and eventually have the same error. Is it possible to have some "error tolerance" in the backlog processor, so that if it recieves an error from newzbin, it won't completely derail the process?

P.S. here's my setup:
Sickbeard Alpha r225
SabNZBd 0.5.0RC3
Windows Server 2003 R2
All apps running on the same box.

Any thoughts?

Post the error from your log, it will have more information for me.

- snubz - 2010-01-25

Since my last post, I've now got it (sorta) running on my Aspire Revo XBMC Live box. I'm new to linux, so have just been doing a lot of googling. A few questions:

1) I did not know if I had Cheetah installed, but SB seems to be working. If I can access SB via the web interface, does this mean all is ok, at least with the Cheetah requirement?

2) I started it just by typing "python SickBeard.py" from putty. By doing this, Python seems to keep running, i.e. I don't return to a command prompt. What is instead the proper way to start up SickBeard, and to start it up automatically (when box boot, etc)?

[COLOR="DarkRed"][COLOR="Sienna"]EDIT: found this : nohup python SickBeard.py &
Is that a good way to do this? And then I can just add it to /etc/rc.local?
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

3) For the "Add Show" inputs, what is the proper folder structure for a remote share? When I had SB running on Windows, I put in paths like "\\NAS\Qmultimedia\TV", etc. XBMC has these like "smb://NAS/Qmultimedia/TV/". Both failed ("The provided directory doesn't exist").

Realize these aren't totally SB questions, and more due to my lack of Linux knowledge, but hope some here can help. Cheers. Loving the program.

- bertrand - 2010-01-25

Regarding your files over SMB, mount them to physical path using smbmount / fstab, then you'll be able to reference them from SB.

- generator - 2010-01-25

I've updated to the newest version, but something goes wrong with post-processing:

Quote:500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/mediacenter/.sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/home/mediacenter/.sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/mediacenter/.sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/home/mediacenter/.sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 455, in processEpisode
result = processTV.doIt(dir, nzbName)
File "/home/mediacenter/.sickbeard/sickbeard/processTV.py", line 196, in doIt
if showResults == None:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'showResults' referenced before assignment

This occurs when running the script automatically from SABnzbd+ and when manually post-processing.

P.S: Maybe you can add a version number in the Sick Beard web interface (or am I overlooking it?)

- snubz - 2010-01-25

bertrand Wrote:Regarding your files over SMB, mount them to physical path using smbmount / fstab, then you'll be able to reference them from SB.

Thanks for the reply! I'll look into that. Looks like I don't even have the smbfs package installed, so I'll start there. I guess XBMC does it differently, as it can successfully see my NAS shares over samba?

- snubz - 2010-01-25

generator Wrote:P.S: Maybe you can add a version number in the Sick Beard web interface (or am I overlooking it?)

I see a version number in the web title bar, and at the top of the page: Sick Beard - alpha r225

EDIT: I think I see what you mean. The above was just for the Windows binary. On my XBMC Live box, I just see "Sick Beard - alpha trunk".

- generator - 2010-01-25

I'm running Linux, maybe that makes a difference? I just see "Sick Beard alpha trunk".

- bertrand - 2010-01-25

snubz Wrote:Thanks for the reply! I'll look into that. Looks like I don't even have the smbfs package installed, so I'll start there. I guess XBMC does it differently, as it can successfully see my NAS shares over samba?
Well, XBMC integrates its own samba handling, unlike SickBeard. And I see no valid reason why it should.

generator Wrote:500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
Anything to do with TheTVDB.com being down, maybe ?

- generator - 2010-01-25

bertrand Wrote:Anything to do with TheTVDB.com being down, maybe ?

Hmm... likely. If that's the case, maybe it should return a more user friendly error?

- bertrand - 2010-01-25

User friendliness is extremely overrated Smile

- generator - 2010-01-25

So you must be very fond of Linux right? Big Grin