Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Vankwish - 2011-01-10

/OCD Rant
I had to chalk another show up to the dreaded "pause" list this morning when i woke up and found out the scener's have messed with family guy.

Having so many discovery channel, documentaries and now family guy on manual download is sort of defeating the purpose of sickbeard.
/OCD Rant Over

So i have been reading on the tvdb's forums, sickbeard forums and sab forums about every bodies problem, and i understand the difficulties involved tackling this problem, so rest assured I'm not ranting at sickbeard.

Although the current system is probably about 95% accurate i just wanted to check how everyone else is tackling these limited numbers of shows at the moment before the tvdb database update.

|EDIT|

OMG reading back througoh this just opened my eyes to just how much the likes of sickbeard and couchpotato has spoiled me! Apologies if it reads like that to anyone else, that was not my intention!

- danz0l - 2011-01-10

YodaEXE Wrote:Been working fine for me. It updated XBMC earlier today with the latest episode of Primeval.

refuses to work for me after the latest updates Sad Been having to manually update ..

- FatBoyNotSoSlim - 2011-01-10

When a show has been updated on TheTVDB, and I'm wanting to refresh my local copy of the shows info, what should I be triggering on the show's page? Force Full Update? Re-Scan files??

Basically as above, trying to refresh in the correct Family Guy info.

- daemox - 2011-01-10

steve1977 Wrote:Quick question on the quality. Objective would be to download anything (except unknown) and then later upgrade to HD once available. I tried to achieve this by "custom", but face 2 issues:

1) It continues to download "unknown" although I unmarked it in settings to exclude it)
2) I didn't find any option to prevent it from downloading 1080p in case I already managed to download 720p earlier.

Any thoughts?

1) After changing the global quality settings did you go through and change your pre-existing show quality options?

- steve1977 - 2011-01-10

daemox Wrote:1) After changing the global quality settings did you go through and change your pre-existing show quality options?

You are right. That's my issue on point 1. Is there an easier way or do I need to go through each of my 50 shows?

- midgetspy - 2011-01-10

steve1977 Wrote:You are right. That's my issue on point 1. Is there an easier way or do I need to go through each of my 50 shows?

Manage -> Mass Edit

- daemox - 2011-01-10

Vankwish Wrote:/OCD Rant
I had to chalk another show up to the dreaded "pause" list this morning when i woke up and found out the scener's have messed with family guy....

I should probably just let this go, but I love Sick Beard and it saves me literally days of my life from mucking around with repetitive tasks. So, forgive me if this comes off as overly harsh. Smile

With that said however, you do realize that Sick Beard is at the tail end of a complex web of alternative technology all which is done voluntarily (and without compensation) right?

If it doesn't work for you perhaps try offering some constructive criticism (i.e, solutions), or better yet do something to help get it working for everyone involved!

If you're not up for either of those, maybe a paid for setup such as Blu-ray or Netflix is more up your ally (as you'd be right to complain if it wasn't working for you then!).

I know you "redacted" your rant, but this really doesn't sit well with me.

And with that said, take care! Big Grin

- daemox - 2011-01-10

YodaEXE Wrote:Been working fine for me. It updated XBMC earlier today with the latest episode of Primeval.

It's working for me as well. Though I had mistakenly forgot to set it to Enabled this last time around (even though I configured the rest of it).

Make sure you have it configured correctly both in Sick Beard and XBMC. If you're having real trouble submit a bug report (with logs!) to the sick beard forum.

- MrCrispy - 2011-01-10

Is it better to install all the tools and build from source or are the binaries good enough?

- memevertical - 2011-01-10

Quick question.....no matter what show I put, it doesnt find it, I have only enabled Torrent, because thats what i use.....but it doesnt find anything.....I disabled my firewall and still nothing.....what else could be happeningHuh

- YodaEXE - 2011-01-10

memevertical Wrote:Quick question.....no matter what show I put, it doesnt find it, I have only enabled Torrent, because thats what i use.....but it doesnt find anything.....I disabled my firewall and still nothing.....what else could be happeningHuh

I don't think that the torrent providers are enabled by default. Are you sure you've configured them and enabled them?

- memevertical - 2011-01-10

Well, I know I enabled the use of torrent, but I never changed the provider....which one should I enable so that the torrents work?

Thanks!!!!!

- Reginald - 2011-01-10

MrCrispy Wrote:Is it better to install all the tools and build from source or are the binaries good enough?

I use the binaries on Windows, it has been working like a dream since June of this year (different versions).

- danz0l - 2011-01-10

OK i did a complete new install using my database and config on a fresh git clone, nothing sorted, acting as before Sad

Updated to the latest xbmc, 2:10.00~svn35648 ?? (thought their might be later than that ?), still no joy.

Still don't understand the issue as i've been running 6 months using the same settings without ANY update issues and the test notification works perfectly every time.

- danz0l - 2011-01-11

OMG i'm so sorry its me, theres an Enable button that wasn't, erm, enabled DOH Not sure if it was there before but because of the new config screen completely missed it, what an idiot.

All sorted now LOL DOH !!!!