Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- scottc - 2011-01-12

bencorn Wrote:Just downloaded the newest version. AMAZING update. Everything looks super clean and organized. Especially excited about Toggle Banner View, made the coming episodes page look so much better. Excellent work.

+1 Nod

- Rannd - 2011-01-12

Thank you so much for this great program! I donated $20 today and hope to see even more updates for it

- steve1977 - 2011-01-13

Still struggling with the quality settings and wondering whether I am doing something wrong or this is a bug:

Initial quality: Custom
If I don't have: SDTV, SDDVD, HDTV, 720p Blu, 1080p Blu, unknown
Then re-download: HDTV, 720p Blu, 1080p Blu

The episodes downloaded as "unknown" during initial download, do not get re-downloaded later in higher quality. Is that intended like that, a bug, or is there a way I can change this?

- midgetspy - 2011-01-13

Unknown is the highest possible quality - since I don't know what they are I can't in good conscience replace them.

Sinister: I think the metadata weirdness should be fixed now.

- kxy1983 - 2011-01-13

The new update doesnt seem to be playing well with a chrome browser, its like the style sheets are off or something, looks fine in IExplorer

- darkscout - 2011-01-13

Yep. In chrome everything is fubar.

- Vankwish - 2011-01-13

daemox Wrote:I should probably just let this go . . .

Sorry man, the "OCD" part was just my obsessive demons kicking me Smile

Man i have donated, and will donate, more to sickbeard than i would ever dream of spending on something like netflix, it just to me so so so much better.

My "rant" was more of a misdirected praise (stay with me!) where there is just a handful of shows that are giving me grief, i just wanted to know how everyone else was managing these atm.

I know its not sickbeards fault, and know that sickbeard relies on the user contributed database tvdb and I myself spend several hours a week updating show infos, uploading screens and whatnot, and I have also been following the news about a database update which may eventually alleviate all the problems I have with these shows.

I have also been following sickbeards possible integration of tvrage, but at the moment I am more than happy with the recent ui updates that I'm seeing.

The redaction was added to try an avoid anyone thinking that I was bitchin' on sb, and hopefully get some replies on if people have just paused these shows and manually download themselves, or if they have any other tips they have on managing these shows easier.

I am happy that you are so passionate Nod and once again sorry if you misunderstood the purpose of my post, that said in my original post I never blamed Sickbeard for my problems.

V

Slightly off topic but I have to thank you for your comprehensive guides man, to a Linux noob like myself they are a godsend!

- midgetspy - 2011-01-14

darkscout Wrote:Yep. In chrome everything is fubar.

Clear your cache you newbs (Shift+Refresh or Ctrl+F5).

- thezoggy - 2011-01-14

kxy1983 Wrote:The new update doesnt seem to be playing well with a chrome browser, its like the style sheets are off or something, looks fine in IExplorer

What you are seeing is stale CSS/HTML. Clear your browser's cache.

- thezoggy - 2011-01-14

bencorn Wrote:Just downloaded the newest version. AMAZING update. Everything looks super clean and organized. Especially excited about Toggle Banner View, made the coming episodes page look so much better. Excellent work.

There is also a List view that is going to be added to the coming ep page.
Here is an image that shows all 3 (note that I have banner images so thats why the poster layout looks fugly)

- darkscout - 2011-01-14

And wow... I don't even have words for this update. Wow. Awesome job.

- WingmanNZ - 2011-01-14

I have posted a while back regarding custom source naming conventions.

I was hoping that one of the developers could add this as a feature. see below for my recommended way (seems safest to me)

I understand that the Dev's have other things on there mind but I would greatly appreciate the adding of this feature. I have already discussed this in December with Midgetspy (http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=945#) but was hoping that the below would be a good solution.

Here is a mockup of what count be added to the config.ini

[Custom_Video_Source]
SD_TV = "SDTV"
SD_DVD = "DVDRip"
HD_TV = "HDTV"
720p_WEB-DL = "WEB-DL.720p"
720p_BluRay = "Bluray.720p"
1080p_BluRay = "Bluray.1080p"

if the value inside the "" is not there (see below) then use the application defaults (currently the names you have)

[Custom_Video_Source]
SD_TV = ""
SD_DVD = ""
HD_TV = ""
720p_WEB-DL = ""
720p_BluRay = ""
1080p_BluRay = ""

all it seems needs to be added is a check to see if custom qualities have been set in the config and if they have, then use them and if not then use the normal ones. seems to me the safest way to do this and unless the end user knows to add this stuff to the config it wont effect them.

- ECEC - 2011-01-14

thezoggy Wrote:There is also a List view that is going to be added to the coming ep page.
Here is an image that shows all 3 (note that I have banner images so thats why the poster layout looks fugly)

Love the List view. The only thing I don't like about the current view is the episode descriptions. I'm not a complete freak about spoilers or anything, I just like to watch stuff fresh.

Moving Files - maui917 - 2011-01-14

Hi I'm new to Sickbeard and Couchpotato, been using things like MIP, MC2, and Emmber for a long time but I have to say these are so nice. I'm a huge fan after 2 days of use.

Anyway my question is about moving files I know that couchpotato will move downloaded files to my movies folder, and I thought I read somewhere that sickbeard would do something similar for TV Shows. Move a downloaded episode from a download folder to that shows season folder. However I've been reading a lot on both couchpotato and sickbeard so I might be wrong.

So is that something sickbeard can do? If so I'm not having it work successfully.

- midgetspy - 2011-01-14

Yep: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing