Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-09

I am having issues and am not sure if they are related to my configuration or if NZBMatrix is having problems with fetching NZBs from their API. Confused

SickBeard processes my wanted TV shows and successfully finds the NZB on NZBMatrix and submits the URL to SABnzbd. From the SABnzbd History it states:

Quote:URL Fetching failed; ()

In the SABnzbd WebGUI it gives me the option to "Try Again". I am not sure if the issue is with NZBMatrix or what Huh (trying again fails)

I only use NZBMatrix and do not have a "backup" index site. But this does not seem to be the issue... as the NZB is added to SABnzbd. Maybe the issue is not SickBeard and it is SAB.

Could my issues possibly be related to NZBMatrix? I did further testing and now SickBeard is also affected. Both CouchPotato and SickBeard correctly find the target NZB and send it to SABnzbd, but then SABnzbd chokes and cannot fetch the NZB from the URL.

If I look at the SABnzbd log I find the following error message for the failed NZB downloads. I have searched the SABnzbd forums, SickBeard forums and the Couch Potato threads (on XBMC and SABnzbd forums) to try to identify this issue.

Quote:ERROR:
Error getting url h**p://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download.php?id=794754&username=********&apikey=**************** (cause= "")

From what I can tell, this issue seems to be with NZBMatrix. Does anyone else have tips or suggestions on fixing this problem?!

- jakebake - 2011-02-11

I have gotten sickbeard working and it is awesome, but I was wondering how long it takes for new episodes of shows to go up on these nzb websites like nzbmatrix? For example the new parks and recreation is tonight (season 3 episode 4). Will it download it tonight or a week after or what?

- jakebake - 2011-02-11

bmcclure937 Wrote:I am having issues and am not sure if they are related to my configuration or if NZBMatrix is having problems with fetching NZBs from their API. Confused

SickBeard processes my wanted TV shows and successfully finds the NZB on NZBMatrix and submits the URL to SABnzbd. From the SABnzbd History it states:

In the SABnzbd WebGUI it gives me the option to "Try Again". I am not sure if the issue is with NZBMatrix or what Huh (trying again fails)

I only use NZBMatrix and do not have a "backup" index site. But this does not seem to be the issue... as the NZB is added to SABnzbd. Maybe the issue is not SickBeard and it is SAB.

Could my issues possibly be related to NZBMatrix? I did further testing and now SickBeard is also affected. Both CouchPotato and SickBeard correctly find the target NZB and send it to SABnzbd, but then SABnzbd chokes and cannot fetch the NZB from the URL.

If I look at the SABnzbd log I find the following error message for the failed NZB downloads. I have searched the SABnzbd forums, SickBeard forums and the Couch Potato threads (on XBMC and SABnzbd forums) to try to identify this issue.

From what I can tell, this issue seems to be with NZBMatrix. Does anyone else have tips or suggestions on fixing this problem?!

Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix your problem, but I am also using couch potato and sickbeard with nzbmatrix (just set it all up yesterday) and I am not getting this error

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-11

SickBeard worked fine for a bit and then got wonky. Not sure the deal. Sad

- sstorkel - 2011-02-11

jakebake Wrote:I have gotten sickbeard working and it is awesome, but I was wondering how long it takes for new episodes of shows to go up on these nzb websites like nzbmatrix? For example the new parks and recreation is tonight (season 3 episode 4). Will it download it tonight or a week after or what?

The answer is: it depends. I'm on the west coast. Popular shows are often uploaded shortly after they air on the east coast, which means that I can often download them before their regular west coast time slot. For moderately popular shows, it might take a day or two. For stuff that only a few people watch and post, it might take a week or more for an episode to show up... if it ever does.

- sstorkel - 2011-02-11

bmcclure937 Wrote:From what I can tell, this issue seems to be with NZBMatrix. Does anyone else have tips or suggestions on fixing this problem?!

I'm using Sickbeard with SABnzbd and NZBMatrix and haven't seen any problems. Based on that, I'd have to think there's a problem with your setup or configuration. Does SABnzbd download shows successfully if you manually download the NZB from NZBMatrix? Does Sickbeard work successfully if you have it setup to blackhole NZBs rather than attempting to send them to SABnzbd directly?

- jakebake - 2011-02-11

sstorkel Wrote:The answer is: it depends. I'm on the west coast. Popular shows are often uploaded shortly after they air on the east coast, which means that I can often download them before their regular west coast time slot. For moderately popular shows, it might take a day or two. For stuff that only a few people watch and post, it might take a week or more for an episode to show up... if it ever does.

Ah nice! yeah I am on the west coast as well. Parks and rec I am sure is popular? So I guess we will have to see. Very cool.

- ECEC - 2011-02-11

jakebake Wrote:Ah nice! yeah I am on the west coast as well. Parks and rec I am sure is popular? So I guess we will have to see. Very cool.

The scene is really good about putting up network shows within hours of when they air. Some other geek-culture stuff on the cable networks get the same treatment, although some shows can take a couple of days for no apparent reason (I'm looking at you, Top Chef from last week).

- dysan911 - 2011-02-11

Is there a wiki on how to set this up? I've had mine running for several days and have not seen where it's downloaded anything yet. I successfully figured out how to add shows, etc and all of them show a status of continuing. The Log seems like its actively searching and what not but is there something else I need to configure to actually get it to download anything?

THanks!

- mwkurt - 2011-02-11

dysan911,

Sickbeard doesn't actually download anything on it's own. It searches for the file pointers (nzb files) and hands them off to SABnzbd to download. Do you have SAB set up as well?

Mark

- dysan911 - 2011-02-11

mwkurt Wrote:dysan911,

Sickbeard doesn't actually download anything on it's own. It searches for the file pointers (nzb files) and hands them off to SABnzbd to download. Do you have SAB set up as well?

Mark

Ah!. Nope!. Thank you! Big Grin

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-11

sstorkel Wrote:I'm using Sickbeard with SABnzbd and NZBMatrix and haven't seen any problems. Based on that, I'd have to think there's a problem with your setup or configuration. Does SABnzbd download shows successfully if you manually download the NZB from NZBMatrix? Does Sickbeard work successfully if you have it setup to blackhole NZBs rather than attempting to send them to SABnzbd directly?

I think the problem is SAB but I am unsure. I have not reached any API limits with NZBMatrix and I am able to manually enter the URL from SB into my browser to download the NZB.

I am unable to copy the URL to SAB to fetch the NZB and SAB also fails when SB automatically passes the URL. Sad

I have not tried the "Black Hole" functionality... I am not sure why SAB is choking on the URLs.

- jakebake - 2011-02-11

ECEC Wrote:The scene is really good about putting up network shows within hours of when they air. Some other geek-culture stuff on the cable networks get the same treatment, although some shows can take a couple of days for no apparent reason (I'm looking at you, Top Chef from last week).

Is the scene free? I'll have to check it out however parks and recs season3 episode 4 did download on its own last night! This program is awesome!

- indy5 - 2011-02-11

ECEC Wrote:The scene is really good about putting up network shows within hours of when they air. Some other geek-culture stuff on the cable networks get the same treatment, although some shows can take a couple of days for no apparent reason (I'm looking at you, Top Chef from last week).

Oh yeah, Top Chef is often a PITA when it comes to being posted.

- jakebake - 2011-02-11

I was wondering if I could get any help on setting this up to automatically rename the shows it gets and send them to the right folder?
What are the settings I need to use to get this working with SAB and do I have to set up in SAB as well?
Maybe if anyone had a screenshot of the settings needed?