Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Abe Froman - 2011-02-11

jakebake Wrote:I was wondering if I could get any help on setting this up to automatically rename the shows it gets and send them to the right folder?
What are the settings I need to use to get this working with SAB and do I have to set up in SAB as well?
Maybe if anyone had a screenshot of the settings needed?

http://sickbeard.com/config.html

and

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

- jakebake - 2011-02-11

Ok I think I got it working I tried the manual post processing and that works so I'll have to DL something to see if that does...
When I do the post processing though it includes extra things besides the episode like...
Dexter.s05e07.circle.us (actual file)
and then:
Dexter.s05e07.circle.us.tbn
Dexter.s05e07.circle.us system information file

do I need these? If not how do I tell sickbeard not to include those

- jason28 - 2011-02-11

jakebake Wrote:Ok I think I got it working I tried the manual post processing and that works so I'll have to DL something to see if that does...
When I do the post processing though it includes extra things besides the episode like...
Dexter.s05e07.circle.us (actual file)
and then:
Dexter.s05e07.circle.us.tbn
Dexter.s05e07.circle.us system information file

do I need these? If not how do I tell sickbeard not to include those

There is an option in SAB that you can tell it to delete certain file extensions after a download. If you didnt want the .tbn and .nfo you could add them to that list. That being said if you are using XBMC to play your files then you are going to be want to leave those files alone as they are what provides info to XBMC about the episode.

- jakebake - 2011-02-11

jason28 Wrote:There is an option in SAB that you can tell it to delete certain file extensions after a download. If you didnt want the .tbn and .nfo you could add them to that list. That being said if you are using XBMC to play your files then you are going to be want to leave those files alone as they are what provides info to XBMC about the episode.

thank you! I guess i will leave them then!

- Carpdawg - 2011-02-12

I've followed the instructions for the windows install (build 478), but when I run the console, all I get is an error saying that the permission is denied to the log file. It won't start Sickbeard so I can configure the file. I'm lost!

By the way, I'm a python, nzb noob, so please take it easy on me, I've been at this for the last 3 hours...Angry

Here's a screenshot of the error:

- mwkurt - 2011-02-12

Hello,

There is currently a discussion going on regarding the duration of videos and the tags in the nfo files that XBMC recognizes in relation to the PseudoTV script. It is believed that the tag <durationinseconds> is the one that XBMC uses to get the length of the files. Would it be possible to include this tag in the nfo files that Sickbeard creates?

Thanks,
Mark

- dysan911 - 2011-02-12

Okay so I installed SABnzbd+. I thought at least now when Sickbeard found a download it would pass it over to that but I still dont' think I got this working quite right. WHat am I missing guys? Sorry for being a noob about it.

Thanks!

- ECEC - 2011-02-12

jakebake Wrote:Is the scene free? I'll have to check it out however parks and recs season3 episode 4 did download on its own last night! This program is awesome!

"The scene" is a collective term used to describe the people that post tv shows/movies/whatever to usenet or create torrents for it. It's not a place or anything. And yeah, Parks and Recreation is a big enough show that it'll get posted within hours of it airing.

- dysan911 - 2011-02-12

oops. . I opened the sickbeard folder and low and behold there were serveral of my tvshows waiting for me to double click. When I did they started downloading in SABnzbd. Is there anyway to automate this so that SB does that automatically?

THanks!

- msderganc - 2011-02-12

First of all, thanks for an awesome program.

I wanted to suggest some additional options for downloading things that SickBeard doesn't think are correct matches, even though they are.

For instance:
SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-73244 :: Provider gave result The.Office.S07E16.HDTV.XviD-LOL but that doesn't seem like a valid result for The Office (US) so I'm ignoring it

It actually IS the correct episode, but I have no way to tell SickBeard to grab it.

- ECEC - 2011-02-12

dysan911 Wrote:oops. . I opened the sickbeard folder and low and behold there were serveral of my tvshows waiting for me to double click. When I did they started downloading in SABnzbd. Is there anyway to automate this so that SB does that automatically?

THanks!

Option A: In Config > Episode Downloads, change the drop down box to "black hole". This will download the nzbs to a specified directory. The configure SAB to look at the dir every few seconds for new nzb files.

Option B: In Config > Episode Downloads, change the drop down box to "SABNZBD" and configure all of the options below that.

- mwkurt - 2011-02-12

dysan911,

You shouldn't have to interact with the two programs. Sickbeard should automatically handoff the nzb to SAB.
Make sure that you have both programs configured to interact with each other. Believe me, if I got this set up, you can.
Here are my settings. I think these are the ones you need to worry about:
SAB:
ON the configure pages:
GENERAL:
SAB host 0.0.0.0.
SAB port 8080 (make sure nothing else is set to use 8080)
API key xxxxxxxxxxx (you need this in SB)
FOLDERS:
temp download folder J:\downloads\incomplete (Where SAB downloads to)
Complete download folder J:\downloads\complete (Where the assembled complete files go)
Watched folder J:\downloads\watched (This is the Blackhole for SAB)
SWITCHES
Pretty much leave as is or set to your liking.
SERVERS
set up your newsgroup provider
SCHEDULING
I don't use
RSS
leave as is
EMAIL
I don't use
INDEX SITES
I have set up my nzbmatrix account here
CATAGORIES
Set your folder for where SAB will put your TV and Movie files. As above in your download folder...J:\downloads\complete\TV and
J:\downloads\complete\Movies
This will put your TV and movies into their proper folders.
SORTING
I don't use

Now for Sickbeard:
GENERAL
Set as you wish
EPISODE DOWNLOADS
Episode Results:
NZB Method - SABNZBD
SABnzbd IPTongueort - Localhost:8080 (You set SAB port above)
SAB API - enter API number from above
IF you have passwords set for SAB, enter those. I don't.
SAB catagory - TV
POSTPROCESSING
TV Download DIr - J:\downloads\complete\TV (As set above)
Check scan and process
other settings to your liking

Now those are the main settings that you need to get them to work together.

If you have Couchpotato set up as well to download movies for you. You would point it J:\downloads\complete\Movies
for processing.

Hope this helps,
Mark

- DejaVu - 2011-02-13

I thought, just after updating Sickbeard yet again (I think I've done 5 updates this week alone!), I would come on here and just put a massive

THANK YOU

to midgetspy and the rest of the developers for making, maintaining and updating this superb program.

I can see a lot of users on here appreicate the hard work and congratulate you on it. But I though, for once, I would just give you some meaningful recognition and the ONLY reason I logged in tonight.

Instead of the usual 'it wont do this or that' post! Smile

Hugely appreicated by everyone using it!!

- midgetspy - 2011-02-13

Thanks DejaVu77. It is always nice to see some positive words in a sea of bug reports, I appreciate the post :0)

- Cyberkid2002 - 2011-02-13

Quick question here, sorry if it has been asked before.

I personally prefer 700mb HDTV rips over the larger 1.5gb versions. Is there a way to set a preference for these if they are at all available? Have played around with custom quality settings but had no joy so far.

Cheers,
Michael