Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- FatBoyNotSoSlim - 2011-02-18

thezoggy Wrote:yes this is a known problem, just delete your log directory contents and it will be fixed.

Just the log directory logs or can I also delete the 3.6GB SickBeard.exe.log file too?

- thezoggy - 2011-02-18

pretty safe to delete any log.. unless you really need to look at something inside it.

- FatBoyNotSoSlim - 2011-02-18

thezoggy Wrote:pretty safe to delete any log.. unless you really need to look at something inside it.

Well in that case, SB is now back to running fine, with the log file being displayed in the browser. I wonder what it got held up on then? :confused2::confused2:

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-18

Is it possible to include cleaning up of the logs? I have also noticed that the logs grow and grow but have not noticed any automatic cleanup.

This is bad for those running SB with limited space.

- fishypops - 2011-02-18

tboooe Wrote:This may be obvious, but did you turn the option to allow control of the XBMC from other devices?

yes. i did, but thanks.

- prophetizer - 2011-02-18

i can't get SB to grab jersey shore or transformers prime

- thezoggy - 2011-02-19

prophetizer Wrote:i can't get SB to grab jersey shore or transformers prime

thats because thetvdb and the scene don't agree on the naming. same with mythbusters/family guy and a few other shows. nothing sb can do.

- jakebake - 2011-02-19

prophetizer Wrote:i can't get SB to grab jersey shore or transformers prime

it is because sick beard knows you shouldnt be watching jersey shore No

- ECEC - 2011-02-19

I don't think this is related to Sickbeard, but I figured I'd start here to see if anyone else has had this problem. XBMC has been refusing to add specific files into the library. On Wednesday night, it refused to add the latest Top Chef until I removed the file from my my server, updated XBMC, moved the file back, and updated again. Now it did the same thing with the newest Office episode. It's not a big deal, but it's aggravating.

- thezoggy - 2011-02-19

ECEC Wrote:I don't think this is related to Sickbeard, but I figured I'd start here to see if anyone else has had this problem. XBMC has been refusing to add specific files into the library. On Wednesday night, it refused to add the latest Top Chef until I removed the file from my my server, updated XBMC, moved the file back, and updated again. Now it did the same thing with the newest Office episode. It's not a big deal, but it's aggravating.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=281212&postcount=10

- jaaahaaa - 2011-02-19

I've got problems with National Geographic Documentaries. Wanted one episode:

Searching for National Geographic Documentaries - 2011x01 - Inside: Cocaine Submarines
so it doesnt find:
National Geographic Inside Cocaine Submarines 720p HDTV x264 DiVERGE

Any tips?

- jaaahaaa - 2011-02-19

Custom search filters would be really neat!

- prophetizer - 2011-02-19

thezoggy Wrote:thats because thetvdb and the scene don't agree on the naming. same with mythbusters/family guy and a few other shows. nothing sb can do.

ok, no prob then, out of all my shows if i have to get 2 manually, no prob LOL, i love SB.

it does pick them up in the manual post processing, so not all is lost

jakebake Wrote:it is because sick beard knows you shouldnt be watching jersey shore No

i don't, my wife does. i can't stand that show it makes me want to punch my TV

i have a question, with this new custom quality, i think these 720p WEB DL should be handled like Propers, the HD TV hits first, then if they do web releases the WEB DL follow a day or 2 later usually, so i want them replaced

right now i have first grab HD TV, then replace with 1080BR, 720BR, 720WEBDL. but what i find is that if a 720p WEBDL is avail, it still grabs the HD TV version first, where as i would like it to grab the best version it can find from hd tv to 1080pBR, and when it does backlog checks it always looks for a better quality version.

so, should i basically have hdtv 720pwebdl, 720br, 1080br as initial, then 720pwebdl, 720br, 1080br as updated quality? just seems like alot of stepping on toes.

for current shows the BR rips usually come out much later, and a 720pWEBDL is like a PROPER anyways, usually better quality in same time period.

so, should i do this? initially download: HD TV, 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL + replace with: 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL

that just seems strange to me, but i think it may work