Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- DejaVu - 2011-02-19

prophetizer Wrote:i don't, my wife does. i can't stand that show it makes me want to punch my TV

I cannot agree more! Laugh

A UK equivelent of a similar show - This is Essex!
It's absolute drivel!

- thezoggy - 2011-02-19

prophetizer Wrote:i have a question, with this new custom quality, i think these 720p WEB DL should be handled like Propers, the HD TV hits first, then if they do web releases the WEB DL follow a day or 2 later usually, so i want them replaced

right now i have first grab HD TV, then replace with 1080BR, 720BR, 720WEBDL. but what i find is that if a 720p WEBDL is avail, it still grabs the HD TV version first, where as i would like it to grab the best version it can find from hd tv to 1080pBR, and when it does backlog checks it always looks for a better quality version.

so, should i basically have hdtv 720pwebdl, 720br, 1080br as initial, then 720pwebdl, 720br, 1080br as updated quality? just seems like alot of stepping on toes.

for current shows the BR rips usually come out much later, and a 720pWEBDL is like a PROPER anyways, usually better quality in same time period.

so, should i do this? initially download: HD TV, 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL + replace with: 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL

that just seems strange to me, but i think it may work

when using custom, the first section is initial download. this must be met first before the 2nd section. if you want the show to just grab x quality.. set it to that quality. if you want it to do one quality then another then yet another. run 2 instances of sickbeard and set it up that way.

- Smobbo - 2011-02-20

I just wanted to say that the program is looking better and better with every update! Big Grin

It works perfectly with all of my shows!

Keep up the great work! Nod

- thezoggy - 2011-02-21

Smobbo Wrote:I just wanted to say that the program is looking better and better with every update! Big Grin

It works perfectly with all of my shows!

Keep up the great work! Nod

glad to hear it smobbo. lots of goodies in the works currently in testing. to follow the new add show page were doing an updated mass edit page. lots of cosmetic tweaks to make things a little easier for touch device users or just lazy mouse users. new windows build should be built out soon then we will be pushing out more updates to git master branch to start public testing.

- MrCrispy - 2011-02-21

thezoggy Wrote:glad to hear it smobbo. lots of goodies in the works currently in testing. to follow the new add show page were doing an updated mass edit page. lots of cosmetic tweaks to make things a little easier for touch device users or just lazy mouse users. new windows build should be built out soon then we will be pushing out more updates to git master branch to start public testing.

Great news! I'm going to wait for the new Windows build before I upgrade.

- jamesdew - 2011-02-21

Thanks a lot midgetspy fantastic implementation even better than what I asked for
midgetspy Wrote:Thanks, it's been a long time coming :0)

- prophetizer - 2011-02-21

thezoggy Wrote:when using custom, the first section is initial download. this must be met first before the 2nd section. if you want the show to just grab x quality.. set it to that quality. if you want it to do one quality then another then yet another. run 2 instances of sickbeard and set it up that way.

what i want it to do, is first, grab the best quality out there, then, i would like it to download a better version if one is ever released. how can i accomplish this?

- dysan911 - 2011-02-21

Just wanted to check on a particular setting. The NZB Method. I currently have that set to Black Hole. I have my SABnzbd set to watch the folder that I set for the NZB Blackhole.

Is that the preferred method or should I change the NZB Method to SABnzbd. I'm really not sure what this actually does.

Thanks!

- thezoggy - 2011-02-21

prophetizer Wrote:what i want it to do, is first, grab the best quality out there, then, i would like it to download a better version if one is ever released. how can i accomplish this?

use custom, and set the initial quality to whatever you want.. sd or hd related. then for archive set the 'better' version of the sd/hd version. -note that you can select multiple things. if you want the best of either.. you'd need to run 2 instances of sb. generally people want one thing then archive another.

- prophetizer - 2011-02-21

right now i have this for instance

nitially download: HD TV, 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL + replace with: 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL

i'm hoping this will grab the best quality available, and then if a new/better version comes it will then grab it. is this correct?

- thezoggy - 2011-02-21

prophetizer Wrote:right now i have this for instance

nitially download: HD TV, 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL + replace with: 1080p BluRay, 720p BluRay, 720p WEB-DL

i'm hoping this will grab the best quality available, and then if a new/better version comes it will then grab it. is this correct?

when you have a set of possible matches.. sb just grabs whatever first one it finds. there is no 'pick the best from these possible matches'.

- mots - 2011-02-21

Hey, I'm trying to migrate from flexget, as this is more userfriendly... I have a question though:
I use this format for my TV-Shows:
Code:
/mnt/media/TV-Shows/English/%(series_name)s/Season %(series_season)d/%(series_episode)02d - %(ep_name)s.extension
(Example: /mnt/media/TV-Shows/English/Firefly/Season 1/01 - Serenity.mkv)

Is this possible with Sickbeard? Judging from the "Episode Naming section it doesn't seem to be :/. Maybe you could implement an option where the user can set his own printf-style expression for episode naming, for greater flexibility...

EDIT: I added a config option to sickbeard to hide season numbers, here's my patch... Only thing I couldn't figure out is generating the preview via js and maybe hiding the naming type, as it's useless when the season number is hidden...

- thezoggy - 2011-02-22

mots Wrote:Hey, I'm trying to migrate from flexget, as this is more userfriendly... I have a question though:
I use this format for my TV-Shows:
Code:
/mnt/media/TV-Shows/English/%(series_name)s/Season %(series_season)d/%(series_episode)02d - %(ep_name)s.extension
(Example: /mnt/media/TV-Shows/English/Firefly/Season 1/01 - Serenity.mkv)

Is this possible with Sickbeard? Judging from the "Episode Naming section it doesn't seem to be :/. Maybe you could implement an option where the user can set his own printf-style expression for episode naming, for greater flexibility...

EDIT: I added a config option to sickbeard to hide season numbers, here's my patch... Only thing I couldn't figure out is generating the preview via js and maybe hiding the naming type, as it's useless when the season number is hidden...

no work is being done on the naming as there is already a rewrite plan to do custom show naming (see: https://gist.github.com/773598/9324086640119e9d6bd68c1aad0ef3a115700d7c )

- prophetizer - 2011-02-22

thezoggy Wrote:when you have a set of possible matches.. sb just grabs whatever first one it finds. there is no 'pick the best from these possible matches'.

oh, well thats kind of disappointing, but ok i'll have to rethink how i do this then

- misajay - 2011-02-22

Is anyone else getting this error? Everything was working fine for weeks, now I get this. It happens during startup. Thanks for any help!

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\webserve.py", line 1357, in index
# peel off the next one
File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\webserve.py", line 103, in _munge
return unicode(string).encode('utf-8', 'xmlcharrefreplace')
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\Cheetah\Template.py", line 1010, in __unicode__
return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
File "_Documents_and_Settings_Administrator_Desktop_SickBeard_Sick_Beard_data_interfaces_default_home_tmpl.py", line 394, in respond
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\Cheetah\Template.py", line 1615, in _handleCheetahInclude
self._CHEETAH__cheetahIncludes[_includeID].respond(trans)
File "_Documents_and_Settings_Administrator_Desktop_SickBeard_Sick_Beard_data_interfaces_default_inc_bottom_tmpl.py", line 117, in respond
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\Cheetah\NameMapper.py", line 245, in valueFromSearchList
executeCallables=executeCallables)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\Cheetah\NameMapper.py", line 226, in _valueForName
_raiseNotFoundException(key, obj)
File "C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\Cheetah\NameMapper.py", line 167, in _raiseNotFoundException
raise NotFound(excString)
NotFound: cannot find 'SYS_ENCODING'