Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- thezoggy - 2011-02-22

prophetizer Wrote:oh, well thats kind of disappointing, but ok i'll have to rethink how i do this then

why not just submit a request on google code to have this added.

- prophetizer - 2011-02-22

thezoggy Wrote:why not just submit a request on google code to have this added.

because i'm an idiot Rofl

- indy5 - 2011-02-22

I have my usenet retention set to 360 days. Why is it that I routinely see stuff coming down that is much older than that? For example, there is something in the queue right now that is over 700 days old.

Any thoughts?

- thezoggy - 2011-02-22

indy5 Wrote:I have my usenet retention set to 360 days. Why is it that I routinely see stuff coming down that is much older than that? For example, there is something in the queue right now that is over 700 days old.

Any thoughts?

certain providers.. nzbmatrix.. do not honor retention settings used in their api... nzbmatrix... thus their search results return things way older than your config setting. nzbmatrix.

- MrCrispy - 2011-02-23

thezoggy Wrote:certain providers.. nzbmatrix.. do not honor retention settings used in their api... nzbmatrix... thus their search results return things way older than your config setting. nzbmatrix.

This is true, I found out the hard way when downloading a huge file and it turns out it was too old, so it failed. Lesson learned - always look at the date before adding from nzbmatrix.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-23

thezoggy Wrote:certain providers.. nzbmatrix.. do not honor retention settings used in their api... nzbmatrix... thus their search results return things way older than your config setting. nzbmatrix.

This may explain some of the problems I have experienced with nzbmatrix. Maybe the next time a URL fails to open I will manually search the site and see what the age was. ShockedRolleyes

- SofaKng - 2011-02-23

Does anybody use DVR/PVR software (ie. MediaPortal, Windows Media Center, GB-PVR, etc) alongside SickBeard?

I'd like to record shows from my tuner cards but have it work nicely with SickBeard. (ie. after recording a show, place it in the same folder as SickBeard)

Has anybody done this? Can anybody recommend DVR/PVR software (Linux or Windows) that will work well?

I don't need any live tv functionality from the DVR/PVR software...

- bmcclure937 - 2011-02-24

Is there some way to fix the fact that Sick Beard will find perfectly valid results for The Office... but since it is marked as The Office (US) it will think that is not a valid result.

What is causing this?

Code:
CP Server Thread-9 :: Provider gave result The.Office.S06E15.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU but that doesn't seem like a valid result for The Office (US) so I'm ignoring it
Feb-23 17:12:07 INFO     CP Server Thread-9 :: Provider gave result The.Office.S06E15.720p.BluRay.x264-WAVEY but that doesn't seem like a valid result for The Office (US) so I'm ignoring it

- chiz^ - 2011-02-24

bmcclure937 Wrote:Is there some way to fix the fact that Sick Beard will find perfectly valid results for The Office... but since it is marked as The Office (US) it will think that is not a valid result.

What is causing this?

Code:
CP Server Thread-9 :: Provider gave result The.Office.S06E15.720p.HDTV.x264-CTU but that doesn't seem like a valid result for The Office (US) so I'm ignoring it
Feb-23 17:12:07 INFO     CP Server Thread-9 :: Provider gave result The.Office.S06E15.720p.BluRay.x264-WAVEY but that doesn't seem like a valid result for The Office (US) so I'm ignoring it

I've never used Sickbeard myself but I'm guessing this is what causing it:

It seems you have selected the series "The Office (US)"
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73244&lid=7

whereas the episode found is for the series "The Office"
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78107&lid=7

They are actually two different shows.

Yes. I understand they are "different shows"... although they are the same in reality. Due to there being a US and UK version of The Office, SickBeard has a specification.

I am just wondering why those episodes are not being marked as US and not being downloaded. Other episodes have worked flawlessly.

- thezoggy - 2011-02-24

bmcclure937 Wrote:Yes. I understand they are "different shows"... although they are the same in reality. Due to there being a US and UK version of The Office, SickBeard has a specification.

I am just wondering why those episodes are not being marked as US and not being downloaded. Other episodes have worked flawlessly.

just d/l them manually and rename and process. would you really expect sickbeard to download a different named show for another? thats like having it download survivor for gilligan's island.

- soundbyte - 2011-02-24

jakebake Wrote:This problem is really starting to annoy me! Right now I am downloading first season of Blue Bloods (This is not the only show it does this to) and the shows are listed like:
Blue Bloods S0*E0* Episode Name 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 NT

Some episodes will be post processed fine yet others will be in the completed downloads folder as UNPACK Blue Bloods S01E05 What You See 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 NT. Sick beard will not post process with the UNPACK in the name.

Is there any reason for this??

I ran into this same problem not too long ago. I can help if your on a Windows system. If you are running windows...make sure that the OS is NOT, I repeat, is NOT indexing your media folder!!! Disable indexing for that your folder and it should fix your problem. The problem is due to some other application accessing the files (such as windows Indexing services, antivirus software, etc), that prevents Sabnabd from renaming the folder with the "_UNPACK_" tag.

Hope this helps.

thezoggy Wrote:just d/l them manually and rename and process. would you really expect sickbeard to download a different named show for another? thats like having it download survivor for gilligan's island.

I understand this Rolleyes but for cases like this it would make sense. I understand I can manually search and find the files that are missing.

The thing that did not make sense to me was SickBeard processing the show fine except for 3 episodes.

- Doomstone - 2011-02-25

Are there any support for HTTP downloading like fileserv and or hotfile, as it is them i am using and have done for a long time!
Also can some one explain to me the HTTP download vs. News Group? and is newz groups just as risky to download from as torrents?

- ECEC - 2011-02-25

Doomstone Wrote:Also can some one explain to me the HTTP download vs. News Group? and is newz groups just as risky to download from as torrents?

HTTP is alright, but with newsgroups you have very little risk of what you're downloading getting traced back to you, you maximize your connection speeds with a decent provider, and the automated solutions available are relatively easy to setup and maintain so you don't have to worry about downloading stuff.

Newsgroups are far safer than torrents, as you aren't sharing any files with anyone else, merely downloading. That said, torrents seem to stay active for far longer, so finding older or obscure material is more difficult on newsgroups (although this is becoming less of a problem as providers are increasing their retention).