Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- meissen - 2011-03-01

Does anyone know how to filter out any nzb's with "DUBBED" in the title? I just tried downloading the whole Sopranos and Two and a Half Men series only to realize after downloading about 20 or so episodes that they're ALL German dubbed. No

- thebusiness - 2011-03-02

Is it just me or is the new way to add TV shows crazy confusing.

I liked before adding an existing show that already had a folder created. All I did was select it and it was added. Now if feels like I am jumping through hoops.

Also the "Displaying folders within these directories which aren't already added to Sick Beard:"

Displays folders that actually do have shows listed with them.

- thezoggy - 2011-03-02

meissen Wrote:Does anyone know how to filter out any nzb's with "DUBBED" in the title? I just tried downloading the whole Sopranos and Two and a Half Men series only to realize after downloading about 20 or so episodes that they're ALL German dubbed. No

it shouldn't have d/led these. i do believe dubbed is one of the blacklisted words. post logs / version you are using on google code so we can investigate.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/list

- thezoggy - 2011-03-02

thebusiness Wrote:Is it just me or is the new way to add TV shows crazy confusing.

I liked before adding an existing show that already had a folder created. All I did was select it and it was added. Now if feels like I am jumping through hoops.

Also the "Displaying folders within these directories which aren't already added to Sick Beard:"

using that add existing tv show option, it shouldn't show anything that is currently in your db. if it is, then most likely your db has the wrong paths for the show. go fix it via the mass edit or manual edit show first.

also. if you use tvshow.nfo, it makes adding existing shows really easy.

- Abe Froman - 2011-03-02

thebusiness Wrote:Also the "Displaying folders within these directories which aren't already added to Sick Beard:"

Same here, I have a bunch of shows which are in SB correctly, the paths are correct, but it has a ? for show name.

edit fixed it:

There was a duplicate path (one with drive name upper case, one with lower case.) The default path was the upper case one.

listed under "Displaying folders within these directories which aren't already added to Sick Beard:"

Removed the duplicate and it only shows what is not listed in SB.

This is a great new feature, very useful for keeping stuff organized.

- tboooe - 2011-03-02

First of all, GREAT app!

Last night something strange happened. Sickbeard and SAB downloaded Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, season 7 episode 1 - Haiti. Sickbeard processed the file correctly, renaming it and moving it to the correct folder in the library. However, I noticed that there was no accompanying nfo or tbn file. I checked tvrage and the episode is listed, though it is not yet listed on thetvdb.com. I even tried manually post-processing it. Again, the same thing happened. I checked the logs and did not see any errors. Anyone know why Sickbeard did not create the nfo and tbn yet processed the file correctly?

- CoinTos - 2011-03-02

tboooe Wrote:First of all, GREAT app!

Last night something strange happened. Sickbeard and SAB downloaded Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations, season 7 episode 1 - Haiti. Sickbeard processed the file correctly, renaming it and moving it to the correct folder in the library. However, I noticed that there was no accompanying nfo or tbn file. I checked tvrage and the episode is listed, though it is not yet listed on thetvdb.com. I even tried manually post-processing it. Again, the same thing happened. I checked the logs and did not see any errors. Anyone know why Sickbeard did not create the nfo and tbn yet processed the file correctly?
The answer is somewhere in this mess of posts. Basically, Sickbeard will not create the nfo if there isn't enough information found on theTVDB. It will however revisit the nfo create theard at something like 3am everynight and create it once the information is found. Same thing for images, if doesn't exist it won't create a file.

Sickbeard also has a FAQ forum here, that may have other answers to questions you may come across.

- Pr.Sinister - 2011-03-02

meissen Wrote:Does anyone know how to filter out any nzb's with "DUBBED" in the title? I just tried downloading the whole Sopranos and Two and a Half Men series only to realize after downloading about 20 or so episodes that they're ALL German dubbed. No

For Two and a Half Men, if they are the Web-DL versions, you have German and English audio... So you can switch to the english track in XBMC and set it as default for all files or remove the extra german audio with MKVToolnix

-Pr.

- pyite - 2011-03-03

Code:
Mar-02 17:23:48 ERROR    CP Server Thread-11 :: Unable to update from git: error: Your local changes to 'sickbeard/providers/generic.py' would be overwritten by merge.  Aborting.
AA

got that error today when i tried to update.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-03

i realize im a little late into this thread, but any help would be appreciated.

i want my tv shows to be sorted like this:
E:\TV Shows\Show Name\Season 1\Show Name - S01E05 - Episode Name.avi

but instead Sick Beard is sorting them like this

E:\TV Shows\Show Name -S01E05 - Episode Name\Show Name -S01E05 -Episode Name.avi

basically, its putting each episode in its own folder in my Tv Shows folder. how do i get it to sort them the way i like?

- Joep_nl - 2011-03-03

you are using sab?
are you using the sabtosickbeard script?
is SB processing at all or is it just the sorting option in sab (do you get a report from sab after script run)
-make sure the tv-show categoryfolder set in sab is not the same location as the rootfolder of the showlocation you've set in SB
-be sure that sorting is off for that category in SAB.
-make sure scan&process and sabtosickbeard script is not used both.

after sorting out why its behaving like this, and SB is processing the episode to its showfolder, checking the "use season folders" option at the showpage will fix the next problem. use the manage page to mass-edit it for more shows at the same time.

Joep_nl Wrote:you are using sab?
are you using the sabtosickbeard script?
is SB processing at all or is it just the sorting option in sab (do you get a report from sab after script run)
-make sure the tv-show categoryfolder set in sab is not the same location as the rootfolder of the showlocation you've set in SB
-be sure that sorting is off for that category in SAB.
-make sure scan&process and sabtosickbeard script is not used both.

after sorting out why its behaving like this, and SB is processing the episode to its showfolder, checking the "use season folders" option at the showpage will fix the next problem. use the manage page to mass-edit it for more shows at the same time.

Here are screenshots of the way its configured now
figure screenshots would give a better overall picture of what i am doing wrong

SAB:

SB:

- Joep_nl - 2011-03-03

first, your download folder for the tv-show category in sab is the same as the final destination folder of the tv-shows.
so first try this: just set it as tv shows in sab.(sab wil make a tv show download folder in the completed download folder you specified which will act as a temp folder for the processing)

second, in sab, also be sure the general sorting is off for the tv show category.

then: i see that your incomplete and complete folders are on different drives .sab first downloads them to your E:drive, and extracts them back to your C:, unless set different in the category page. This will work, but a little tip is to set them both to one drive as it prevents unnecessary writing between discs.At the category page you can set if needed a different location for each category. Also naming them properly will help you.
so if you prefer the E drive then set temp download folder to something like E:\Downloads\incomplete and completed folder to E:\Downloads\complete.
But like i said, its just something i would do.

ok, so if set as i described all tv episodes send by sickbeard will download to *your completed download folder*\tv shows and not directly to the E:\tv shows like before.
This way your tv download dir and your tv show dir are different like it should.

Next: your using sabtosickbeard.exe. using this script means that you cant use scan&process! so uncheck it. also the tv-download dir is not necessary. instead you specify the sabnzb tv show category at the config->episode downloads->Episode Results. specify : tv shows (so the same as specified in sab).

i assume your shows are set to E:\tv shows so be sure it exists. To process the episodes with season folders, check it in the edit page of the show.
now it should all work.

if not first re-check the settings and be sure you saved them.

Joep_nl Wrote:first, your download folder for the tv-show category in sab is the same as the final destination folder of the tv-shows.
so first try this: just set it as tv shows in sab.(sab wil make a tv show download folder in the completed download folder you specified which will act as a temp folder for the processing)

second, in sab, also be sure the general sorting is off for the tv show category.

then: i see that your incomplete and complete folders are on different drives .sab first downloads them to your E:drive, and extracts them back to your C:, unless set different in the category page. This will work, but a little tip is to set them both to one drive as it prevents unnecessary writing between discs.At the category page you can set if needed a different location for each category. Also naming them properly will help you.
so if you prefer the E drive then set temp download folder to something like E:\Downloads\incomplete and completed folder to E:\Downloads\complete.
But like i said, its just something i would do.

ok, so if set as i described all tv episodes send by sickbeard will download to *your completed download folder*\tv shows and not directly to the E:\tv shows like before.
This way your tv download dir and your tv show dir are different like it should.

Next: your using sabtosickbeard.exe. using this script means that you cant use scan&process! so uncheck it. also the tv-download dir is not necessary. instead you specify the sabnzb tv show category at the config->episode downloads->Episode Results. specify : tv shows (so the same as specified in sab).

i assume your shows are set to E:\tv shows so be sure it exists. To process the episodes with season folders, check it in the edit page of the show.
now it should all work.

if not first re-check the settings and be sure you saved them.
this seems to have work. at least for one tv show so far, sab is working on another show so we will see but i have high hopes. I dont understand how it knows to move them to e:\tv shows, but im not going to complain. thanks!

- westcoastbias - 2011-03-04

Love sickbeard, but for some reason I have one show that wont post process correctly...everything else does. Here is the relavent part in the log.

Mar-02 05:31:15 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Processing failed for F:\XBMC Media\Processing\The Daily Show 2011 02 28 Howard Stern HDTV XviD FQM\The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 2011.02.28 - Howard Stern.avi
Mar-02 05:31:14 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Analyzing name u'F:\\XBMC Media\\Processing\\The Daily Show 2011 02 28 Howard Stern HDTV XviD FQM\\The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 2011.02.28 - Howard Stern.avi'
Mar-02 05:31:14 INFO POSTPROCESSER :: Processing F:\XBMC Media\Processing\The Daily Show 2011 02 28 Howard Stern HDTV XviD FQM\The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 2011.02.28 - Howard Stern.avi (None)

Nothing there can tell me why this is happening. Since Colbert report works I dont know what the issue is. Thanks.