Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- thesuffering - 2011-03-07

xeonicxpression Wrote:Sickbeard shouldn't need admin privileges. It's Sabnzbd that downloads and creates the files. It's worth a shot, but seeing as how sickbeard only moves files and renames files, I wouldn't think it would need admin rights to do that.

after giving SAB admin rights it still doesnt work right.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-07

thesuffering Wrote:after giving SAB admin rights it still doesnt work right.

also, to expand upon this, files downloaded via sab via couchpotato or nzbmatrix rss feed do work fine.

- HenryFord - 2011-03-08

xeonicxpression Wrote:Sickbeard shouldn't need admin privileges. It's Sabnzbd that downloads and creates the files. It's worth a shot, but seeing as how sickbeard only moves files and renames files, I wouldn't think it would need admin rights to do that.
Yeah, right - but I was not talking about the actual "movement" of the file but about the settings for network-propertys (in order to modify those you have to be either admin or the owner of the file with the sufficent priviliges). I do not know exactly how Sabnzbd handles those priviliges in windows, because I use Linux most of the time.
It just has to be a windows issue, I just can't grasp where this is coming from.

@thesuffering: Could you explain step by step what you do when you
a) send a file over the network which you downloaded manually (how _exactly_ do you do that?)
b) send a file over the network which was downloaded through sabnzbd/sickbeard.

How is it with files you downloaded manually via Sabnzbd? Say that you take a video file and you download it through sabnzbd (without a category) and with sickbeard: Does it work with the manually downloaded file? If so, there would be a problem with Sickbeard messing up the setting of the file.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-08

HenryFord Wrote:Yeah, right - but I was not talking about the actual "movement" of the file but about the settings for network-propertys (in order to modify those you have to be either admin or the owner of the file with the sufficent priviliges). I do not know exactly how Sabnzbd handles those priviliges in windows, because I use Linux most of the time.
It just has to be a windows issue, I just can't grasp where this is coming from.

@thesuffering: Could you explain step by step what you do when you
a) send a file over the network which you downloaded manually (how _exactly_ do you do that?)
b) send a file over the network which was downloaded through sabnzbd/sickbeard.

How is it with files you downloaded manually via Sabnzbd? Say that you take a video file and you download it through sabnzbd (without a category) and with sickbeard: Does it work with the manually downloaded file? If so, there would be a problem with Sickbeard messing up the setting of the file.

a)if i download a show via my laptop and then go into my htpc share "TV Shows" drop the show in to the correct folder and then update my library in xbmc. works 100%
b)if i tell sickbeard to automatically download a file on my htpc and then sort it to the right directory, it downloads and moves it to the right place, and updates my library but when xbmc on my apple tv tries to play it it wont work until i fix the file permissions.
Movies I have downloaded manually with sabnzbd DO work.

- HenryFord - 2011-03-08

UNder that circumstances it has to be a problem with sickbeard - I cannot figure out what else should cause this problem.

- pyite - 2011-03-08

just got this error when searching for a show...

Quote:Error loading Bin-Req URL: (, URLError(error(110, 'Connection timed out'),), ) -

- snappz - 2011-03-09

thesuffering Wrote:a)if i download a show via my laptop and then go into my htpc share "TV Shows" drop the show in to the correct folder and then update my library in xbmc. works 100%
b)if i tell sickbeard to automatically download a file on my htpc and then sort it to the right directory, it downloads and moves it to the right place, and updates my library but when xbmc on my apple tv tries to play it it wont work until i fix the file permissions.
Movies I have downloaded manually with sabnzbd DO work.

I was having the same problem under linux.
I was starting with -d (or --daemon, I cant remember) and having the same problem. If I start with -q the permissions are all ok.

Sickbeard with XBMC on ATV2?? - mra6368 - 2011-03-09

Can Sickbeard be set up to be used with XBMC on ATV2?

- thezoggy - 2011-03-09

mra6368 Wrote:Can Sickbeard be set up to be used with XBMC on ATV2?

should work.. but not sure you'd want to do that though with its limited cpu. i would assume that sickbeard or any other app would make xbmc have even more performance problems than it currently does with hd media

- thezoggy - 2011-03-09

pyite Wrote:just got this error when searching for a show...

yes. bin-req is down. open a webbrowser and try to go there..

- thesuffering - 2011-03-09

snappz Wrote:I was having the same problem under linux.
I was starting with -d (or --daemon, I cant remember) and having the same problem. If I start with -q the permissions are all ok.

is there a way to do that in the windows world?

- HenryFord - 2011-03-09

thesuffering Wrote:is there a way to do that in the windows world?
I'm not sure...try the following:
1. Open a command-prompt (windows-key + r - then "cmd" - then "Enter")
2. cd to your sickbeard-directory ("cd "C:\WhereYoureSickbeardIsLocated"")
3. type in "sickbeard /?" and see what happens, normally this would give you a brief overview of the available commands. If it doesn't work, try "sickbeard /help" or maybe even "sickbeard -?", "sickbeard --help" or "sickbeard -q".

I'm really not sure and I cannot try it out right now...

- thesuffering - 2011-03-10

HenryFord Wrote:I'm not sure...try the following:
3. type in "sickbeard /?" and see what happens, normally this would give you a brief overview of the available commands. If it doesn't work, try "sickbeard /help" or maybe even "sickbeard -?", "sickbeard --help" or "sickbeard -q".

I'm really not sure and I cannot try it out right now...

this didnt seem to work. ?, q, help nothing gave me overviews

- HenryFord - 2011-03-11

thesuffering Wrote:this didnt seem to work. ?, q, help nothing gave me overviews
yup, sorry, just figured out, that there are two version of sickbeard available:
3. type in "sickbeard-console --quiet"

But...the console-window has to stay open, otherwise sickbeard will shut down.

- pyite - 2011-03-12

i haven't been able to update in a while:

i get a similar error to the one above...

Code:
2011-03-08 16:56:45.403693 CP Server Thread-10 :: Error loading Bin-Req URL: (, URLError(error(110, 'Connection timed out'),), ) -

Code:
Update Failed

Update wasn't successful, not restarting. Check your log for more information.

No idea what's happening.