Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

scraping - philneko - 2011-03-13

Great little app sickbeard is,

Im really hoping to get full automation for my xbmc experience, at the moment i use media companion and scrape my tv shows.

I find that the .nfo that sickbeard has is somewhat basic missing out on what media companion gets. ie.

<streamdetails>
</streamdetails>
<runtime>
</runtime>

Is it possible for sickbeard to obtain these details.

Thanks

- thezoggy - 2011-03-13

philneko Wrote:Great little app sickbeard is,

Im really hoping to get full automation for my xbmc experience, at the moment i use media companion and scrape my tv shows.

I find that the .nfo that sickbeard has is somewhat basic missing out on what media companion gets. ie.

<streamdetails>
</streamdetails>
<runtime>
</runtime>

Is it possible for sickbeard to obtain these details.

Thanks

i dont believe this information is on thetvdb / tvrage (where sickbeard grabs info to make it's nfo)

- philneko - 2011-03-13

Yeah i think its a case of sickbeard just scraping from thetvdb, and media companion analyzing the file somewhat and then dumping the details.

Sad

- HenryFord - 2011-03-14

thesuffering Wrote:this didnt seem to work. ?, q, help nothing gave me overviews
Also you could try to modify sabnzbd: In Sab you have the possibility to change the file-permissions on download (I am actually unsure wether this option is present on windows...well...it is on linux, sorry cannot test another machine). Set them to 777 and see if that works for you.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-14

HenryFord Wrote:Also you could try to modify sabnzbd: In Sab you have the possibility to change the file-permissions on download (I am actually unsure wether this option is present on windows...well...it is on linux, sorry cannot test another machine). Set them to 777 and see if that works for you.

ive looked over all the options in the config but see nothing

- bobrap - 2011-03-14

When trying to Set the initial status of missing episodes, I set it to wanted, but, it always shows skipped. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks.

- HenryFord - 2011-03-15

thesuffering Wrote:ive looked over all the options in the config but see nothing
Yeah, I suspected that...

Mhm...maybe you could work another way round:
Try creating a batch-file which will set the permissions for the files, after sickbeard moves them.

See here for reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318754

With Windows > XP you can just run "cacls" from the command-line, as XCACLS is integrated in windows now. Just replace "xcacls.exe" in the mentioned support-thread with "cacls", you do not need to download the file mentioned in the post.

My suggestion would be the following: You create a simple script that runs first the sickbeard-postprocessor and changes the file permissions afterwards via the Windows API (so you don't have to use cacls). Problem with this is: You need some logic in order to determine where sickbeard puts the file (you could just use the output of the pp-script).
I could try and write a litte application for that, but currently my raid is broken (one HDD went away) and well...windows does not seem to like that (sometimes you just have to hate it... linux has no problems whatsoever with it...) and I have to wait until I can rebuild my raid in order to get access to my c#-tools.

- EMK0 - 2011-03-15

i updated sickbeard to latest and now when it gets episodes i think it changes the permission because i cant see the files on my share anymore only when i ssh into my unraid server. Any idea how to fix this? i found out how to check the chmod thing

new tv shows after update have -rwxr-xr-x my old shows all have -rw-rw-rw- how do i change it back?

i think new sickbeard gets its permissions from the folder the tv shows are transferd from i change the permissions of this folder and now the files show up fine.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-15

HenryFord Wrote:Yeah, I suspected that...

Mhm...maybe you could work another way round:
Try creating a batch-file which will set the permissions for the files, after sickbeard moves them.

See here for reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318754

With Windows > XP you can just run "cacls" from the command-line, as XCACLS is integrated in windows now. Just replace "xcacls.exe" in the mentioned support-thread with "cacls", you do not need to download the file mentioned in the post.

My suggestion would be the following: You create a simple script that runs first the sickbeard-postprocessor and changes the file permissions afterwards via the Windows API (so you don't have to use cacls). Problem with this is: You need some logic in order to determine where sickbeard puts the file (you could just use the output of the pp-script).
I could try and write a litte application for that, but currently my raid is broken (one HDD went away) and well...windows does not seem to like that (sometimes you just have to hate it... linux has no problems whatsoever with it...) and I have to wait until I can rebuild my raid in order to get access to my c#-tools.
writing a script is currently above my level of expertise. guess ill continue doing it manually with
icacls "c:\media directory\*.*" /t /grant Everyone:R
until i can find a way to automate it or the sickbeard devs can figure out what is happening

- xeonicxpression - 2011-03-15

I seem to get a ton of these errors:
Code:
Traceback(most recent call last):
   File "C:\python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 71, in emit
       if self.shouldRollover(record):
   File "C:\python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 145, in shouldRollover
      self.stream.seek(0,2) #due to non-posix-compliant Windows feature
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

- thezoggy - 2011-03-16

xeonicxpression Wrote:I seem to get a ton of these errors:
Code:
Traceback(most recent call last):
   File "C:\python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 71, in emit
       if self.shouldRollover(record):
   File "C:\python26\lib\logging\handlers.py", line 145, in shouldRollover
      self.stream.seek(0,2) #due to non-posix-compliant Windows feature
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

due to your log being maxed out. known problem with the roll over routine in windows. go shutdown sickbeard. clear out log folder. and you should be good.

- thezoggy - 2011-03-16

bobrap Wrote:When trying to Set the initial status of missing episodes, I set it to wanted, but, it always shows skipped. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks.

you set it in step 3 of the add existing/new show. can also set your 'defaults' there too. note that this wont change anything for old shows.. you'd need to use the mass edit to do it.

- dannycorker - 2011-03-16

Any way to sort by DVD order yet? Firefly is still a nightmare as far as I can tell....

- HenryFord - 2011-03-17

thesuffering Wrote:writing a script is currently above my level of expertise. guess ill continue doing it manually with
until i can find a way to automate it or the sickbeard devs can figure out what is happening
If you do it for all files anyway, you can use a simple bashscript, which runs after sickbeards-pp.

The ".bat" should look like this:
Code:
start /WAIT 'path to sickbeard-pp-script (the exe)'

Then put the bat-file into the pp-script-folder of sabnzbd and choose in the "category"-settings in order to apply it automaticly for new downloads. This way you will run the pp-script of sickbeard and then perform the acl-operation automaticly.

In order to create a bat-file (which is executable by windows), just create a new text file, write the text above into it, save it and then change the file extension from "txt" to "bat".

- thesuffering - 2011-03-18

HenryFord Wrote:If you do it for all files anyway, you can use a simple bashscript, which runs after sickbeards-pp.

The ".bat" should look like this:
Code:

Then put the bat-file into the pp-script-folder of sabnzbd and choose in the "category"-settings in order to apply it automaticly for new downloads. This way you will run the pp-script of sickbeard and then perform the acl-operation automaticly.

In order to create a bat-file (which is executable by windows), just create a new text file, write the text above into it, save it and then change the file extension from "txt" to "bat".
correct me if im wrong but if i want to run the command prompt hidden so it doesnt interfere with xbmc or annoy me i could do this, no?
Code:
filename.js
and then have filename.js contain this
Code:
var WindowStyle_Hidden = 0
var objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
var result = objShell.Run("cmd.exe /c abc.bat", WindowStyle_Hidden)
where abc.bat is
Code:

is that far too many steps to do something i could do in 1 bat file?
also, if i want command prompt to quit after its done do i have to add exit on the 2nd line or will it do it automatically?