Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- timdog82001 - 2011-03-18

I've tried searching some terms in the thread and came up with nothing, and I regrettably don't have time to manually read through all 250 pages so here it goes. Has anybody here had a problem with sick beard queuing up the same file multiple times? It seems to be a problem for me only when queuing up new episodes, but not for backlog. I suspect its a memory issue, but if this is a known issue with a potential fix, I'd love to know about it. It seems to do this about half the time, sometimes to an extreme. Last time it downloaded the same file about 15 times.

- HenryFord - 2011-03-18

thesuffering Wrote:correct me if im wrong but if i want to run the command prompt hidden so it doesnt interfere with xbmc or annoy me i could do this, no?
Code:
start /WAIT 'path to sickbeard-pp-script (the exe)'
filename.js
and then have filename.js contain this
Code:
var WindowStyle_Hidden = 0
var objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
var result = objShell.Run("cmd.exe /c abc.bat", WindowStyle_Hidden)
where abc.bat is
Code:
icacls "c:\media directory\*.*" /t /grant Everyone:R
Yeah, this would be a way, but it's far to complicated Wink
If you want to run the "start" command in a hidden-window, that is not a problem at all (the primary console-window from the bat-file won't open). Just change the command to:
Code:
start /wait /b 'path to sickbeard-pp-script (the exe)'
This way - if you would run the bat-file manually - it would pop up only one window. Sabnzbd hides the first window that will pop up if you run the script, so you shouldn't see any of it.

Quote:if i want command prompt to quit after its done do i have to add exit on the 2nd line or will it do it automatically?
It *should* exit by itself, but sometimes sab has a problem with that (or rather windows, but that is not the point here...) and the script hangs in the background and the download gets never finished by sab. You could use "exit" at the end of file... if it still hangs in the background (just check in the taskmanager after you downloaded something with sab) use "exit /b".

- danz0l - 2011-03-18

Sickbeard is stuck on
There is a newer version available (or else you're ahead of master)— Update Now

I clicked newer version available but get a 404 from github and clicked update now several times but the message persists.

Do i need to manually download and overwrite ? Been updating for best part of 6 months without an issue.

- HenryFord - 2011-03-18

danz0l Wrote:Sickbeard is stuck on (...)
Maybe the link is not correct, just update yourself - you should be good to go.

What link do you get? Sometimes the update-routine does not work that well, I always prefer to do a manual update.

- danz0l - 2011-03-18

HenryFord Wrote:Maybe the link is not correct, just update yourself - you should be good to go.

What link do you get? Sometimes the update-routine does not work that well, I always prefer to do a manual update.

Its worked perfectly up to now and this is only the second time i have had a hitch. Link is

http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/compare/53c8afef758623ff3830af23db77c2dd6e1c409d...96be9b14d6b93fa31756196fc4b057a0bce31bc1

- HenryFord - 2011-03-18

This part is not correct:
danz0l Wrote:53c8afef758623ff3830af23db77c2dd6e1c409d
That commit does not exist, so you get the error message. Try a manual update in order to update to the correct and current tag:
Quote:96be9b14d6b93fa31756196fc4b057a0bce31bc1

After that, the update routine should work again. The problem seems to be, that the current version of yours is not being recognized properly.

- danz0l - 2011-03-18

Thanks.

I take it i just download the archive from git and overwrite ? been a while since i manually updatedSmile

All sorted. Just did a fresh git pull then copied my config and database over.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-18

HenryFord Wrote:Yeah, this would be a way, but it's far to complicated Wink
If you want to run the "start" command in a hidden-window, that is not a problem at all (the primary console-window from the bat-file won't open). Just change the command to:
Code:
start /wait /b 'path to sickbeard-pp-script (the exe)'
This way - if you would run the bat-file manually - it would pop up only one window. Sabnzbd hides the first window that will pop up if you run the script, so you shouldn't see any of it.

It *should* exit by itself, but sometimes sab has a problem with that (or rather windows, but that is not the point here...) and the script hangs in the background and the download gets never finished by sab. You could use "exit" at the end of file... if it still hangs in the background (just check in the taskmanager after you downloaded something with sab) use "exit /b".

you wouldnt happen to know which file actually handles the post processing, do you? looking through the folders but im not sure which one it is

- HenryFord - 2011-03-19

thesuffering Wrote:you wouldnt happen to know which file actually handles the post processing, do you? looking through the folders but im not sure which one it is
It should be "sabToSickBeard.exe", and normally it is located in "AutoProcess TV"-subfolder of sickbeard.

- thesuffering - 2011-03-19

HenryFord Wrote:It should be "sabToSickBeard.exe", and normally it is located in "AutoProcess TV"-subfolder of sickbeard.
I thought sabtosickbeard was something else. In fact the scan and process in sickbeard configuration says do not use scan and process if I'm using sabtosickbeard with sabnzbd.

Add New Show - mra6368 - 2011-03-20

In latest commit the add new show does not work.

- donabi - 2011-03-20

If anyone wants to use SickBeard with german TV-Shows:
Here is my (german) guide
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=5094#post5094

- Rannd - 2011-03-21

Anyone having issues with SickBeard not finding these shows?

Police Women of Cincinnati
Street Customs

I check my search site for NZB files and they are named correctly but Sickbeard refuses to fetch them

- HenryFord - 2011-03-21

Rannd Wrote:I check my search site for NZB files and they are named correctly but Sickbeard refuses to fetch them
Retention?

thesuffering Wrote:I thought sabtosickbeard was something else. In fact the scan and process in sickbeard configuration says do not use scan and process if I'm using sabtosickbeard with sabnzbd.
Yah, there are two ways to handle it:
1. You check the options "scan and process"
2. You use the script "sabtosickbeard.exe"

If you use the first option, Sickbeard will monitor the specified path for new files to appear and then checks them.
The second option is to run a dedicated script after the download is finished. Sabnzbd will run the script after the download is finished + unpacked. This way Sickbeard has not to check wether a folder is still unpacking and it does not monitor the files. So, use the script after a download finishes and sickbeard will see it. But be aware: You _have_ to deactivate the "Scan and Process"-Option for the folder.
If you want sickbeard to monitor the specified path, the bat-script would not do any good. As for the most cases the acl-cahnges will occur before the new file got moved by sickbeard.

I hope it is clear what I mean...

So, my suggestions:
1. Create the bat-file like instructed
2. Deactivate sickbeard's "scan and process"
3. Instruct Sab to run the bat-script you created
4. Everything should be good to go.

Adding New Shows - mra6368 - 2011-03-21

Anyone else having adding show issuesHuh